when's my Thai gf going to offer to pay for dinner?

1 hour ago, Itsnottheplaceitwas said:

That culture or divide may of been the case 10-20 years ago 

this is 2017 ! 

Most at of these girls have more wealth than us 

but too many of us  never see it ?

Are you for real? More wealth than us? Hey, you may have come here on the bones of your arse, but some of us actually have a bit of money.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed but that "some" are few & far between and extremely rare in 2017 in Thailand 

some of these girls have visited more countries than Donald trump & have a choice of passports & still return here because there so cute and getting an easy life from so many donuts that come here ! 

Yeah, they are all driving Mercs and spend their holidays in the South of France. What a wally.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Agreed but that "some" are few & far between and extremely rare in 2017 in Thailand 

some of these girls have visited more countries than Donald trump & have a choice of passports & still return here because there so cute and getting an easy life from so many donuts that come here ! 

Yeah, they are all driving Mercs and spend their holidays in the South of France. What a wally.

People do love to generalise on here. 

He said 'some' of the girls, not all of them.   

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:
48 minutes ago, seancbk said:

People do love to generalise on here. 

He said 'some' of the girls, not all of them.   

All of the "some", get it?

Go down to Thonglor and watch how many young Thai women get out of BMWs, Mercs, Porsche etc 

Now go into the bars and places they hang out and become friends with them.

Now some of the girls you know drive nice cars. 

All of them go to London for shopping trips.

They all speak very good English.

39 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Go down to Thonglor and watch how many young Thai women get out of BMWs, Mercs, Porsche etc 

I'll leave that to all you young Tom Cruise look-alikes.

Where do you get off calling someone deluded? His comments make perfect sense to me. Perhaps if you left your preconceived ideas behind for a moment and accept that there are good relationships between Thai women and falangs that don't involve a bar fine..

I'm guessing it's the "well you pay for it one way or another" type of mentality. The deluded ones are those who continuously believe that every Thai woman is a gold digging, cheating, plotting woman cos the Sun and some burnt TV members wish to preach the fact.
The half empty brigade will always lead a full empty existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

17 hours ago, seancbk said:

Not many farangs will get a look in with these types of women... too much family baggage and stigma. They mix with Thai men of a similar socioeconomic level.

There are plenty of good career women with white collar jobs and a good income. More often than not they'll have a well monied family behind them..  You can spot them a mile off on Tinder because you see their job title and "studied at chulalongkorn" or some Western university.

These are the types of women that Farangs should go after in my opinion. And it is my life goal to settle down with such a lady :D

Not many farangs will get a look in with these types of women... too much family baggage and stigma. They mix with Thai men of a similar socioeconomic level.

There are plenty of good career women with white collar jobs and a good income. More often than not they'll have a well monied family behind them..  You can spot them a mile off on Tinder because you see their job title and "studied at chulalongkorn" or some Western university.

These are the types of women that Farangs should go after in my opinion. And it is my life goal to settle down with such a lady :D

What with that name?? 5555. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

Agreed not many will get a look in, but doesn't mean some of us can't.

You are also correct that there are lots of career women with great jobs earning good money.   The problem is that for social reasons those career women in their mid to late 30's and up for some reason seem to stop going out, and they seem to stop trying to dress sexily or even wear makeup....  so not only is it hard to meet them but when you do see them they look quite average. 

I don't know about you, but I would never and have never approached a girl I don't know out in public.   I would only ever do it in a bar, where alcohol is involved and people are expecting to be hit on.   

I find the whole concept of going up to a stranger in public and trying to chat them up rather crass, not to mention embarrassing when they can't speak English.

Tinder does seem to have some ok girls, maybe 1 in 100, but so few have a profile and I'm not going to go and meet someone who only has a few head shots no matter how pretty her face is.

I rely on meeting girls through friends but haven't met any for a while, at least none I'd want to marry.    I meet lots of girls I'd have sex with, but I'm looking for more than that now.

I've been single for a little over a year now, while I look for someone who is at least as hot as my last GF.   

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

haha.

those women choose who they are attracted to and like and date because they dont need money.

no need for a fat smelly loser like me

29 minutes ago, atyclb said:
21 hours ago, giddyup said:

haha.

those women choose who they are attracted to and like and date because they dont need money.

no need for a fat smelly loser like me

No reason to become a fat smelly loser.    Unless you let yourself become one.

10 hours ago, seancbk said:

Agreed not many will get a look in, but doesn't mean some of us can't.

You are also correct that there are lots of career women with great jobs earning good money.   The problem is that for social reasons those career women in their mid to late 30's and up for some reason seem to stop going out, and they seem to stop trying to dress sexily or even wear makeup....  so not only is it hard to meet them but when you do see them they look quite average. 

I don't know about you, but I would never and have never approached a girl I don't know out in public.   I would only ever do it in a bar, where alcohol is involved and people are expecting to be hit on.   

I find the whole concept of going up to a stranger in public and trying to chat them up rather crass, not to mention embarrassing when they can't speak English.

Tinder does seem to have some ok girls, maybe 1 in 100, but so few have a profile and I'm not going to go and meet someone who only has a few head shots no matter how pretty her face is.

I rely on meeting girls through friends but haven't met any for a while, at least none I'd want to marry.    I meet lots of girls I'd have sex with, but I'm looking for more than that now.

I've been single for a little over a year now, while I look for someone who is at least as hot as my last GF.   

There are hot girls online.. but you need to pay for premium access to stand out from the 99% cheap charlies that message them 

21 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

Sam, I really don't understand what you are doing now. According to the post above, you desire a long term relationship with a different/higher class of lady.

At the same time in another post you make it quite clear that there exists NO chance of such a relationship with this girl. In fact, you mentioned you'd stay with her as long as she continue to act as a repository of your sperm.

Why?  You are wasting your own life and ... hers! Move On! That is, begin the process of disengagement. The longer you stay together the more she will have invested in the relationship and the harder it will become for her to accept the breakup.

If you've read much here and in other forums, you know that it's NOT uncommon for breakups in Thailand to become violent. Never forget this ... she has the home court advantage!  No matter what, if it gets "messy", you lose!

My sense, is you need to begin unwinding the relationship NOW!

13 hours ago, Watchful said:

Sam, I really don't understand what you are doing now. According to the post above, you desire a long term relationship with a different/higher class of lady.

At the same time in another post you make it quite clear that there exists NO chance of such a relationship with this girl. In fact, you mentioned you'd stay with her as long as she continue to act as a repository of your sperm.

Why?  You are wasting your own life and ... hers! Move On! That is, begin the process of disengagement. The longer you stay together the more she will have invested in the relationship and the harder it will become for her to accept the breakup.

If you've read much here and in other forums, you know that it's NOT uncommon for breakups in Thailand to become violent. Never forget this ... she has the home court advantage!  No matter what, if it gets "messy", you lose!

My sense, is you need to begin unwinding the relationship NOW!

its finished now anyway.. 

On 02/03/2017 at 8:33 AM, cheapskatesam said:

Never had this experience in the west.. girls always offered to pay or go half.. 

Your probably took em to Maccy D'so hence paying for that meal is an easy win for them

On 5 March 2017 at 11:04 AM, giddyup said:

Where do you get off calling someone deluded? His comments make perfect sense to me. Perhaps if you left your preconceived ideas behind for a moment and accept that there are good relationships between Thai women and falangs that don't involve a bar fine..

Can't see any mention of a bar

fine ? 

if i may venture to guess it just might be the principle and not specifically the amount

one might also wonder why a girl could not make a nice gesture by paying even a paltry 160 baht bill on occasion 

At 300 Baht per day wage, that's significant to millions of Thai people.

Ok.. i suggested to her that she can pay for the flights to Singapore.. and i will foot the bill for a really nice hotel and all our tickets to attractions (and no doubt the food and stuff) she replied to me with 
"ok"
But then all enthusiasm dropped about the trip and we moved onto another subject 

I'm at the age now.. where i'm looking for a future long term girl and maybe even marriage.. 
She is not in that category anymore.. I'll keep paying for everything as long as i'm getting a regular shag but as of now i'm on the market again looking looking for my true wuv.

My wife has a few rather well off (employed, house, car, money in the bank) single girlfriends, but in all honesty you sound like a loser.

11 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

My wife has a few rather well off (employed, house, car, money in the bank) single girlfriends, but in all honesty you sound like a loser.

im not a loser, how old are they please?

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

In all honesty you sound like a bullshitter.

Normally a Thai girl will pay or half half pay only when they think you are they're best friends (without having sex with you) but for girl that sleep,stay with you, no way. If you married with her you may need to pay for her Father, Mother or Brother, Sister also if she comes from a big family. That's is Asia girl, is they're cultural heritage. Unless, your girlfriend is very rich and rich people don't want to loss face, that you are very luck. Cheers! 555

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

27 minutes ago, giddyup said:

In all honesty you sound like a bullshitter.

It doesn't really matter.

I can tell you in all honesty that I have been pretty bad with girls all my life. I mean, I really suck at the game. 

One thing, though, I really hate is the taste of alcohol. I can't stand the thing, so naturally, I rarely set my foot in the bar.

Needless to say, I am stuck dating, boring,  "normal" girls..... the ones that have the job, their family doesn't need a monthly allowance from their children, etc, etc..... it is what it is. As I have mentioned many times and I am starting to make even myself sick from gloating, I have been living in my gf and now wife's house for the past 4 years and never gave her a penny,  

Maybe the first step towards enlightenment is quitting the booze.... although reading this forum I wish I was an alcoholic myself.

Trivia.

Do you even know how many international companies operate in Thailand? 

Unfortunately, most girls that have good jobs, don't post on thaifirendly or tinder.

Tip. Try a penpal site.

Good luck.

4 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

It doesn't really matter.

I can tell you in all honesty that I have been pretty bad with girls all my life. I mean, I really suck at the game. 

One thing, though, I really hate is the taste of alcohol. I can't stand the thing, so naturally, I rarely set my foot in the bar.

Needless to say, I am stuck dating, boring,  "normal" girls..... the ones that have the job, their family doesn't need a monthly allowance from their children, etc, etc..... it is what it is. As I have mentioned many times and I am starting to make even myself sick from gloating, I have been living in my gf and now wife's house for the past 4 years and never gave her a penny,  

Maybe the first step towards enlightenment is quitting the booze.... although reading this forum I wish I was an alcoholic myself.

Trivia.

Do you even know how many international companies operate in Thailand? 

Unfortunately, most girls that have good jobs, don't post on thaifirendly or tinder.

Tip. Try a penpal site.

Good luck.

Good post.  

Topics like this reminds me why I don't venture out of the 'other country visas' section often. Simply use common sense and do what feels right. Thai are not from a different planet! Sure in general they may do some things a bit different but if one person always picks up the bill and the other doesn't even seem to return the favours/gestures in various other ways ranging from giving some small snacks or paying for transport etc.  you probably are being suckered. If you think the balance is gone -regardless if it's about money, attention, love, time or what not- you think of a way to politely bring it up. Obviously not in an accusing manner such as 'you don't ... enough!' but I'm sure any normal person knows how to give hints or move a conversation in such a direction.  Relationships are about communication, mutual communication that is and ofcourse mutual respect, love, attention and trying to see things from the other person's perspective. If your partner fails badly and does not seem to take a hint... I'd back out.  

I never had issue with my late wife and sharing an equal burden (taking difference in income and all that into account). And neither did or do any of her friends and family. Usually they insist on paying the first time we meet in a long time,  often pay part of any other bills or show in any other way that they consider me as a friend. Most recently a good friend asked me not to be 'kreng jai na ka' , 'why not?' I asked, to which she replied 'you are my friend, friends do things together' . So if anyone tells you it's not Thai (or western, or ...) culture that people not only take but also give (a fair share) ... just laugh. It's human habbit to do things together with people that you care for and respect.  Sure some wealthy people may like to show off, and perhaps rich Thai more than others (??) but if you pay, pay, pay... good chanche you are seen as a person for who the sky is the limit, swims in cash and has a money tree at home...   And that's not wise if you are looking for genuine friends or indeed a partner. 

A real friend, a real partner and a family member who does respect and care for you are people who do also give you things, who you would trust with your wallet and who do call you by your name. Stories about people telling they are called farang/falang or such by their partners family and friends... just... :cheesy:

So... use common sense and when your gut tells you something is wrong, it's probably so and act accordingly! Not much use in asking others IMHO. 99% if things you come across you can figure out yourself.  

Archived