when's my Thai gf going to offer to pay for dinner?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

555 very good but stupid

Yes, if you act like a fool, they will treat you as such. 

If she was a poor farm girl, then it's fair enough, but the new car and condo... and the fact she's interested in Farang, give it away. They think most Farang have more money than sense, and more often than not, they are right.

Apart from that, there's a good chance the OP is sharing his girlfriend with others - Farang and Thai.

6 hours ago, atyclb said:

a girl i been out with a few times always brings a gf and she takes it for granted i will pay and its hi end food also. her family gave her a condo and new car and yes university. apparently she does not like to drive alone and/or values the chaperone for appearance sake yet we spend the night together with friend asleep in other room. i get the feeling she is just used to it, spoiled by her parents since she doesn't pursue any other financial tangibles.

have gone out with other gals that would not let me pay. still others insisted to share the bill.  depends on the style and her cultural learnings.

farang always pays is absolutely false unless you maybe hang out with the ones thatuse and take advantage

It's the norm to bring a family member or members  or friend depending what they can get out of the deal 

just see if they order rice soup or steak ! 

Thats normally a good indication 

& if they all order steak or high end dishes

pop to the bog & grab a cab 

maybe they won't pull that trick so often again ! 

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Next time your out to dinner tell her you forgot your wallet, don;t go to an expensive place, maybe 200 baht for dinner, 300 max, when the bill comes, reach for your wallet, oh shit, I must have left my wallet on the table at home, see what she says, how she reacts, and if she goes to pay, let her, her facial expressions should show how she feels, have a spare 1,000 in your pocket in case she says she hasn't got any money with her, if that's the case flick her as fast as you found her, if she pays, reimburse her, never been a cheap Charlie, but then again, have never let a female take me to places either, I pay, I decide, if she leads me to expensive places, I take her to where I want to eat, simple, you want expensive, you can pay for both ! 

Next time your out to dinner tell her you forgot your wallet, don;t go to an expensive place, maybe 200 baht for dinner, 300 max, when the bill comes, reach for your wallet, oh shit, I must have left my wallet on the table at home, see what she says, how she reacts, and if she goes to pay, let her, her facial expressions should show how she feels, have a spare 1,000 in your pocket in case she says she hasn't got any money with her, if that's the case flick her as fast as you found her, if she pays, reimburse her, never been a cheap Charlie, but then again, have never let a female take me to places either, I pay, I decide, if she leads me to expensive places, I take her to where I want to eat, simple, you want expensive, you can pay for both ! 

the first line was enough by this point E/bolt wouldn't catch her in her flip flops 

7 hours ago, kovaltech said:

don't talk as a 18 year old boy...

You are not in the west here...

If you can't stand the heat... get out the sun...

Well, it appears you think nothing like this could ever happen. Perhaps you need to try some women who are financially responsible. I know women who teach at university and who consult; they are financially secure and would be insulted if a man who makes a similar salary would insist on paying for everything. Years ago when I was a software engineer, there were few women in the field. However, most of the women who were would never expect the man to always pick-up the tab. If you always find women who have no skills other than horizontally; what do you expect?

2 hours ago, AdamRich said:

How are you guys choosing your girlfriends?  Shouldn't you know these things before you claim her to be your girlfriend?  Once a week my girlfriend goes to the market with her own money and buys food to cook for me or me and my friends.  And that is after working all day.  Yesterday she did win 2000 baht in the lottery and she sent me a message to say that she was taking me out.  Today when I had problems with my motorbike she came right over to help me take care of it.  Make wiser choices.

Has she any similar friends ? I am not fussy her mum will do ?

This is not normal at all.. i've dated Thai girls that offered to pay for dinner i didn't take them up on the offer because im a proud manly man :smile:.. but the offer made me feel good and comfortable.

Right now i'm just a walking ATM. I'm not paying for sex. She enjoys is just as much as me.. she's also a human with 'needs'.. 

There's no future in this relationship that is certain. 

As far as the OP's girl is concerned, if he's not going to pay for anything (at least dinner) then what good is he to her. If they are only after love, they can find that easily enough among their own kind. Dating a Farang is hard work for them and there needs to be a good paycheck to make it worth the effort. An all expenses paid shopping trip to Singapore is a test to see if he's worth the effort. She's been with him for a whole month - it's time to test his worthiness. 

Get used to it.

She sounds a bit khee-niaow, a term Thais like to use on farangs but applies to them maybe more-so.

As to the Singapore trip, it is hellishly expensive there, if she drops a hint again, just say ok- you go ahead and book the flights and hotel.

That would be....NEVER.

As for the Singapore trip,you forgot to mention the shopping bill from Orchard Rd lol.

I presume your pumping her,and not giving her any money......the meals are her way of getting paid!

You don't pump birds in Thailand for free!

Farangs are expected to pay,so either pay up,or get on the Portuguese hand pump. T.I.T.

22 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

Never had this experience in the west.. girls always offered to pay or go half.. 

girls in the west are fat and ugly and not as sexy as thai girls ....   girls in the west don't let you bang them anytime ....

go figure  .......    :sleep:     

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

girls in the west are fat and ugly and not as sexy as thai girls ....   girls in the west don't let you bang them anytime ....

go figure  .......    :sleep:     

Mm are you sure about that! I seem to remember banging as you call it many women in the west on so called first dates.

17 hours ago, colinneil said:

When is my Thai gf going to offer to pay for dinner????       

You for real????   :cheesy:

Wakey wakey, this is Thailand, farang pay end of.

I have had meals bought often. But as a rule it's not the normal way.

10 minutes ago, chrissables said:

I have had meals bought often. But as a rule it's not the normal way.

i have also but only by one ex g/f out of many many girls,

still friends with that girl and we still go  out some times she pays sometimes i pay.

Ok.. i suggested to her that she can pay for the flights to Singapore.. and i will foot the bill for a really nice hotel and all our tickets to attractions (and no doubt the food and stuff) she replied to me with 

"ok"

But then all enthusiasm dropped about the trip and we moved onto another subject 

I'm at the age now.. where i'm looking for a future long term girl and maybe even marriage.. 

She is not in that category anymore.. I'll keep paying for everything as long as i'm getting a regular shag but as of now i'm on the market again looking looking for my true wuv.

I pay .I really don't want my GF paying. I'm the man she's the woman. Now on the other hand she better be taking care of me in her way. You can, as an example ,next time you two are out and the bill comes look at her and say,

''you 've got two ways to go baby , you pay for the meal, or you better be putting out tonight in a huge way...AND you need to cook me a great meal,,,you purchase the ingredients''.

With the greatest of respect to the posters here ... i'm in my early 30s.. im slim, all my teeth are still here and i'm moderately attractive still.

She knows i'm not wealthy.. i'm always telling her off for turning my aircon on in my room in the day time! My apartment charges 8baht a unit!! 

Ian Maxwell you're a pathetic individual :smile:

Op can you tell me as your many threads indicate you only holiday here for a month or so. Staying in the cheapest fan room you can find. Now suddenly you rent a room with aircon or is it an apartment as you mention both in the same sentance? If your only 30 I would presume your still working in home country as you indicate you have little money?. The one your moaning about now is the one you met online or not?.  How many times a year do you holiday here? 

13 minutes ago, Gonefortea said:

Op can you tell me as your many threads indicate you only holiday here for a month or so. Staying in the cheapest fan room you can find. Now suddenly you rent a room with aircon. If your only 30 I would presume your still working in home country as you indicate you have little money?. The one your moaning about now is the one you met online or not?.  How many times a year do you hiday here? 

Maybe he decided to quit the rat race in his 30's and live frugally in Thailand.   Lots of retired blokes seem to choose that option.   So why shouldn't someone in their 30's.

Maybe he works online and makes enough money to live here very well, but being in his 30's perhaps he still lives frugally and is saving for retirement.  

When I was 33 my salary was 500,000 baht a month, and I spent that and more every month.   I'm a bit older now and kind of wish I'd put more money in the bank back then, rather than most of it 'up my nose'.  

Then again I have a lot of great memories of partying in the hedonistic late 90'/early naughties in Hong Kong.   

And I'm still young enough to do it all over again.

Archived