Phuket allegations fly over multi-million-baht fraud shyster

snoop1130

Phuket allegations fly over multi-million-baht fraud shyster

Eakkapop Thongtub

1488449497_1-org.jpg

Suntree Srisuwan, 38, was taken into custody by Crime Suppression Division police at a local lawyer’s office on Tuesday. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- Two Thai women filed reports at Wichit Police on Tuesday (Feb 28) stating that they were cheated out of millions of baht by another Thai woman who was arrested earlier the same day near Phuket Villa 5 housing estate.

Suntree Srisuwan, 38, was taken into custody by Crime Suppression Division police at a local lawyer’s office on Tuesday on a warrant issued by the Krabi Provincial Court for contempt of court and obstructing a court judgement, explained Capt Jaras Lempan of the Wichit Police.

Ms Suntree was taken to Wichit Police Station to be processed and then taken back to Krabi to face the charges against here there, he said.

Hours later, Phichayathida Phichayodaecha and Thavorn Srikanjana filed reports with Lt Col Pheeraphan Meemak and Capt Jaras and presented documents they say prove they were cheated by Ms Suntree.

Ms Phichayathida said, “My brother wanted to buy a condominium for B60 million and I didn’t have enough money to help him.

“I then met a man who said that he could introduce me to someone who could help me with a loan. He said that the woman was his wife and he referred to her as Ms Anny.

“Sometime later I was introduced to Ms Anny, but this time I was told that her name was Dr Srijantra and that she was a judge and the daughter of a former government minister. I told her that I had some problems with my inheritance and she offered to help me,” Ms Phichayathida said.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-allegations-fly-over-multi-million-baht-fraud-shyster-61226.php#eqpKjuzLEJUCPItc.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-3-2

I'm a little confused by this story as there doesn't seem to be a farang involved anywhere who can be apportioned the blame.

I wish the ladies the best of luck in getting their money back and hope they don't end up in court themselves for defamation, like so many who report serious fraud.

Something very wrong when this sort of thing can happen so regularly.

Ms Phichayathida said, "My brother wanted to buy a condominium for B60 million and I didn't have enough money to help him.

Understandable how anyone wouldn't want a family member going homeless, but sixty million for a condo??? Is there nothing cheaper available?

Very weird. Her brother wants to buy a *condo* for 60M THB, doesn't have the money and so his sister looks for a loan from some random person? What? Not surprised that they apparently got their money through inheritence.

And then another person who buys some land, discovers that the land has already a 15M THB debt on it and wants to sell. Then someone at the Land Department apparently pushes her into a scam that she blindly believed.

“The Land Department told me the land was worth B9mn, but that I could sell it for B40mn,”

That alone should ring alarm bells as it makes no sense. If you can sell for 40M then by definition it's worth 40M.

Seems like the land scams in Phuket are alive and well as they have been for decades. Good to know.

Goodness I just read the article.  She was told to pay up front in order to get the loan.  That should have been a warning.  But the real catch is the part where the loan is so low and they entice the person that they could borrow at such a low interest rate and make money investing it.  So a good stupidity factor and then greed factor.  5 m/60m is an 8.% "loan fee" if you will

“A while later Ms Anny got back in touch with me and recommended a company that would provide the B60mn loan with interest at 2%. However, she told me that to be able to secure the loan I would have to put down a payment of B5mn."

10 hours ago, clockman said:

First world prices, in a third world country. Delusional!

May well  be a developing country (third-world isn't the correct term these days) but Thailand's growth is very strong (much stronger than most European countries), and their GDP is higher than many other countries (including Sweden as an example)

source: Wikipedia

Thailand

GDP (PPP) 2016 estimate
• Total
US$1.152 trillion[11]
• Per capita
US$16,706[11]
GDP (nominal) 2016 estimate
• Total
US$409.724 billion[11]
• Per capita
US$5,938[11]

Sweden

GDP (PPP) 2016 estimate
• Total
$498.130 billion[4](34th)
• Per capita
$49,678[4] (17th)
GDP (nominal) 2016 estimate
• Total
$517.440 billion[4](21st)
• Per capita
$51,603[4] (11th)

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Goodness I just read the article.  She was told to pay up front in order to get the loan.  That should have been a warning.  But the real catch is the part where the loan is so low and they entice the person that they could borrow at such a low interest rate and make money investing it.  So a good stupidity factor and then greed factor.  5 m/60m is an 8.% "loan fee" if you will

“A while later Ms Anny got back in touch with me and recommended a company that would provide the B60mn loan with interest at 2%. However, she told me that to be able to secure the loan I would have to put down a payment of B5mn."

2%monthly..very low for Thai.usually 5% monthly can go.up to 7%

14 hours ago, kkerry said:

Ms Phichayathida said, "My brother wanted to buy a condominium for B60 million and I didn't have enough money to help him.

Understandable how anyone wouldn't want a family member going homeless, but sixty million for a condo??? Is there nothing cheaper available?

Embellishment is a watchword here. Never ask for directions.