US Attorney General Jeff Sessions quits Russia probe

webfact

2 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

what 'hostile nation'?  you think Russia is a 'hostile nation'?  why?  back to the Cold War huh?

Mitch McConnell: "The Russians are certainly not our friends".

Lindsey Graham: "[Putin is] a dictator, thug and killer".

No, that's not hostile at all!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, attrayant said:

Mitch McConnell: "The Russians are certainly not our friends".

Lindsey Graham: "[Putin is] a dictator, thug and killer".

No, that's not hostile at all!

I do agree with you...  Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham are VERY hostile but why?  challenge yourself 

"The Recusal"

a fine-tuned political instrument that enables the wielder to be unable. With surgical precision the user removes himself from a controversy, while retaining the ability to reinsert himself at a more favorable time. Of course, the user retains all renumeration and benefits even though he unabled himself to do his job. This tool is available to Senators and up, all others have to face the music.

It is in a sense similar to putting oneself in an inactive post for selective job functions... this is Thai style, but waaay cooler!

Edited by klauskunkel

More smoke. I heard it reported today that correspondence between the Trump campaign and Russian Intel Officials was intercepted by American, British and Dutch intelligence agencies. Why on earth would there be a dialog between those two parties during the election? If it has leaked from those three countries you have to think many more would have it too, say including China. 

I just saw Max Boot, Council on Foreign Relations  Fellow and advisor on a number of Republican presidential campaigns flipping out about the seriousness of the situation. Right now I'm thinking the next shoe to drop will be a Deep Throat emerge to take Trump down. It doesn't look like these guys covered their tracks very well.

7 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

challenge yourself 

To do what?  If you could start using complete sentences, that'd be great.

Anyway it doesn't matter why.  You questioned the statements that Russia was a hostile nation.  Now you apparently no longer question that.  Instead, it's suddenly very important WHY Russia is a hostile nation.  Your endless string of non-sequiturs is leading us down a rathole of unrelated issues.

4 minutes ago, attrayant said:

To do what?  If you could start using complete sentences, that'd be great.

Anyway it doesn't matter why.  You questioned the statements that Russia was a hostile nation.  Now you apparently no longer question that.  Instead, it's suddenly very important WHY Russia is a hostile nation.  Your endless string of non-sequiturs is leading us down a rathole of unrelated issues.

Not at all I assumed that you would understand that "challenge yourself" meant just that (over the Russia issue).

I do understand that many, especially in the US, have been raised on an anti-Russia diet and nearly all those who partake of this feast of hostility have not even visited Russia but have just accepted the 'norms' of anti-Russia sentiment. Russia is NOT hostile to the US in my view and has been the one nation to take the lead in Syria and actually fight, and largely defeat, ISIS.

It is my view that much of the anti-Russia sentiment is habit not based on actuality. Back on-topic - is it really a sin to chat to the Russian Ambassador?  or are we now back in the 'reds under the bed'  nonsense?  

I am not a Trump supporter but he is RIGHT on trying to get closer ties with the largest nation on the planet.

37 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

what 'hostile nation'?  you think Russia is a 'hostile nation'?  why?  back to the Cold War huh?

Hmmm...they hacked the US election with the possible intent to have an impact on it.  So yes, that would be considered hostile. LOL

4 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Not at all I assumed that you would understand that "challenge yourself" meant just that (over the Russia issue).

I do understand that many, especially in the US, have been raised on an anti-Russia diet and nearly all those who partake of this feast of hostility have not even visited Russia but have just accepted the 'norms' of anti-Russia sentiment. Russia is NOT hostile to the US in my view and has been the one nation to take the lead in Syria and actually fight, and largely defeat, ISIS.

It is my view that much of the anti-Russia sentiment is habit not based on actuality. Back on-topic - is it really a sin to chat to the Russian Ambassador?  or are we now back in the 'reds under the bed'  nonsense?  

I am not a Trump supporter but he is RIGHT on trying to get closer ties with the largest nation on the planet.

Well said.

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

Hmmm...they hacked the US election with the possible intent to have an impact on it.  So yes, that would be considered hostile. LOL

well IF the Russian Government hacked then it is an issue as to why the US has such weak systems and I'm sure the US would NEVER dream of hacking other countries right?   let's see what the un-biased (he he) investigations come up with?

PS no one has said what this hacking entailed? what did it achieve?  what was it about???  just 'we were hacked'???   

Edited by LannaGuy

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

Facts please? preferred over biased "opinions"

34 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

no I'm not joking... let's ask some questions of ourselves?  have you ever been to Russia?  do you know any Russian's?  have you studied Russian history maybe?  speak any Russian?  why are you so afraid of Russia?  

I've been to Russia, and pretty much every ex USSR satellite state and Eastern Bloc country.  It's not the people.  The people are great.  It's the government.  Which in Russia, and many of these other countries, is terrible and corrupt.

9 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I never saw anti-Russian propaganda while in the US.  Just saw hostile actions.  If you are trying to defend Russia's actions in Syria, you haven't a clue as to what's going on there.

Closer relations with Russia would be fantastic.  But it takes 2 to tango.  And so far, Russia has proven it wants the upper hand.  Thus, it's hacking of the US election. 

We're getting off topic.

6 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

well IF the Russian Government hacked then it is an issue as to why the US has such weak systems and I'm sure the US would NEVER dream of hacking other countries right?   let's see what the un-biased (he he) investigations come up with?

PS no one has said what this hacking entailed? what did it achieve?  what was it about???  just 'we were hacked'???   

The details of the hacking are well documented.  Spend some time to educate yourself about this.

7 minutes ago, CGW said:

Facts please? preferred over biased "opinions"

This is old news.  The facts are out there.  Do the research yourself.  Pretty much every news source has reported on this.  Including here on Thaivisa.com.

12 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

The details of the hacking are well documented.  Spend some time to educate yourself about this.

The facts of this hacking event are likely to not be released for decades due to the sensitive nature of actions that may influence a Presidential election.  Would like to see a link to a credible source of said facts since no USA based newspaper has documented any, regardless if the publications have been pro or anti Mr. Trump, or President Trump... 

Edited by Ramen087

59 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

no I'm not joking... let's ask some questions of ourselves?  have you ever been to Russia?  do you know any Russian's?  have you studied Russian history maybe?  speak any Russian?  why are you so afraid of Russia?  

No, let's NOT try and divert from the topic with irrelevances. The topic is effectively whether or not the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians to pervert the election. Sessions has already been caught lying about meeting them. Why try and cover it up?

If Russia hacking your election doesn't demonstrate that they are a real threat to your country, you have the worst case of confirmation bias that I've seen.

With the ever growing list of Trump campaign members that queued up to talk to the Russians, a proper, independent investigation is mandatory.

Why did Jared Kuschner meet with the Russian ambassador and what was the subject of the conversation?

You don't think the answer to that question is important?

Edited by Chicog

9 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

The facts of this hacking event are likely to not be released for decades due to the sensitive nature of actions that may influence a Presidential election.  Would like to see a link to a credible source of said facts since no USA based newspaper has documented any, regardless if the publications have been pro or anti Mr. Trump, or President Trump... 

I'll give you the same answer.

Is an official intelligence report not credible enough for you?

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

The sharks are getting closer Donald !

All these guys should go the way of the Rosenbergs for being willing to sell out the U.S. to Russia.

And probably for being complicit in a foreign country's campaign to illegally influence a U.S. presidential election (and succeeding in doing just that, as it turned out).

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 minute ago, Chicog said:

No, let's NOT try and divert from the topic with irrelevances. The topic is effectively whether or not the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians to pervert the election. Sessions has already been caught lying about meeting them. Why try and cover it up?

If Russia hacking your election doesn't demonstrate that they are a real threat to your country, you have the worst case of confirmation bias that I've seen.

With the ever growing list of Trump campaign members that queued up to talk to the Russians, a proper, independent investigation is mandatory.

Why did Jared Kuschner meet with the Russian ambassador and what was the subject of the conversation?

You don't think the answer to that question is important?

I think the topic is whether Sessions had conversations with the Russians while part of Trump's campaign.  It now looks that way.  What was discussed has not been divulged yet.  Hard to say what was said as it seems to have been a person to person conversation.

But as was pointed out earlier, this is highly unusual, even for a person in his position.

I think trying to link this to the Russian hacking might be tough...at least right now!

:wai:

38 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

No one in his or her right mind would accuse Sweden of being a belligerent nation. Yet is has just re-instituted the military draft because of its fear of Russia.  Explain that one away.

6 minutes ago, Chicog said:

I'll give you the same answer.
Is an official intelligence report not credible enough for you?

If you read my post you will notice that the response you posted is unrelated to my statement. 

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

All these guys should go the way of the Rosenbergs for being willing to sell out the U.S. to Russia.

And probably for being complicit in a foreign country's campaign to illegally influence a U.S. presidential election (and succeeding in doing just that, as it turned out).

Well, I was just being rhetorical there... maybe.... :sleep:

4 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Oh yes. Now I remember. I did have meetings. But I was wearing a different hat at the time.

Yeah, maybe Trump can use that same excuse; I didn't talk to Putin as President of the US, I was talking to him as owner of Trump Magazine

26 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

This is old news.  The facts are out there.  Do the research yourself.  Pretty much every news source has reported on this.  Including here on Thaivisa.com.

There are no "facts" only opinions! your getting desperate when you have to insinuate Thaivisa is a credible source of information!

2 minutes ago, CGW said:

There are no "facts" only opinions! your getting desperate when you have to insinuate Thaivisa is a credible source of information!

There are facts.  Do the research.  Thaivisa is a very credible source of information as it just reprints the news.  Member comments are a different story! LOL  Like yours above.

2000 Jeff Sessions argues that an independent prosecutor is needed for 2017 Jeff Sessions

The Attorney General was called upon to investigate the person who could remove her from office just like that, and that is why an independent counsel should have been appointed.

Based on his statement from 2000, Sessions apparently thinks an independent prosecutor is needed here.