revolting inedible eggs benedict this morning

logon1

Post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

We are sorry to inform you that the absence of specification of experimental design, and study protocols, sample size, etc., render this field-report unacceptable for publication in the Journal of Northern Thailand Expatriate Gustatology.

sincerely yours, in virtual tastelessness, ~o:37;

2 hours ago, logon1 said:

my date had biscuits and gravy and it looked like dog vomit

What exactly did you suppose that a plate of thick, gray-colored gravy with ground meat floating in would look like?   Like "SOS,' this dish is not eaten for its beauty. 

This restaurant is one of the most well-respected breakfast/lunch venues in Chiang Mai.

Edited by FolkGuitar

Some foods just look naturally appalling. Every once in a while I like some corned beef hash, but realistically the appearance is always something between dog food and vomit.
Botched western food could fill entire forums. What exactly was revolting and why was the EB's inedible to you?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

8 hours ago, Trujillo said:

What was actually wrong with the meal? Photos? As they say in Hong Kong: "The camera always eats first."

Well  to go forward with your flawed logic (a) it's not Hong Kong (b) I've already said it's revolting and inedible (c) photos would not tell the story as it looked edible and non revolting 

On 3/4/2017 at 6:20 AM, logon1 said:

my date had biscuits and gravy and it looked like dog vomit

54 minutes ago, logon1 said:

I've already said it's revolting and inedible (c) photos would not tell the story as it looked edible and non revolting 

I find these two posts at odds with each other. In one you say it looked edible and non revolting   and in the other, you say  it looked like dog vomit.

I have a feeling that we don't share a similar criteria for what looks edible and non-revolting...

Well  to go forward with your flawed logic (a) it's not Hong Kong (b) I've already said it's revolting and inedible (c) photos would not tell the story as it looked edible and non revolting 

Flawed logic? Where? 

"It's" not Hong Kong? What are you talking about? I said, "As they (the ones in Hong Kong) say in Hong Kong" (about taking photos of your food before you start to eat it). What part of that foxed you? 

So your food looked edible, but was not, and did not look revolting, but was. However, it was your "date" that, "...had biscuits and gravy and it looked like dog vomit." 

So can we conclude that the date's meal, although it looked bad, actually tasted good? 

Had you ever seen biscuits and gravy before? Would those photos help us to visualize the "dog vomit"? 

I like it for it's authenticity.    Very much like a small town diner in some backwater in the USA. 

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

It's not supposed to be cuisine.   I mean, l'Opera is right around the corner and is an oasis of culinary civilization in comparison, but sometimes you just want the good old crap from back home.

If you have to ask you wouldn't understand.

Revolting ? Cooking eggs is not easy. Good thing I like them fried over hard and covered with nam prik pla , salsa or tabasco. Hollandaise is an emulsification of egg yolks and liquid butter, it must be whisked at a certain temperature or you will get scrambled eggs.A chef once told me Food is inherently disgusting. The Hollandaise sauce will soon "break" ( separate ). The properly poached egg, It is only momentarily appetizing leave it out a few hours and eat it it might kill you. I certainly don't have the skills to attempt cooking such a dish

By the way most of what is served as Sauce Hollandaise is actually flavored Mayo along with its artificial emulsifiers 

and stabilizing compounds.I have never seen a decent English Muffin at a restaurant here maybe they have them at Rimpong/Tops I never looked.