Renewing Non O Multiple Entry Visa

Hey everyone 

I need some help/advice on obtaining an extension for my non O multiple entry visa. I’m stamped in until 21st April 2017, the visa itself (in my passport) says enter before 9th March 2017, this doesn’t mean it’s expired though does it? 

Where do I have to go to renew (get an extension) for this? Can I do it in Bangkok? Or would I have to go to Savannakhet, Laos? What documents would I have to provide? We got married in the UK so don’t have a Thai marriage certificate but have the original from UK. 

Also I’ve been told that once you have finished one year on the non O multi entry visa, you don’t have to leave the country every 90 days, I don’t believe this, but is it true? It would be nice as doing visa runs every 90 days is a ball ache. 

Any help much appreciated :)

I suggest you do a do a out and back before March 9th and get a new 90 day entry to give you more time to apply for a one year extension based upon marriage. If you need more time than the 90 day you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht by way a income letter from your embassy.

To apply for the one year extension you would need to register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry. To register your marriage you would first have to legalize your marriage certificate in the UK. Info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/461071/Legalising_a_signature_or_seal_final_Sept_15.pdf

Then you would have to have your marriage certificate translated to Thai and then the translation would have to be certified by the consular affairs department in Bangkok. Most translation services can arrange the certification for you.

You are correct to not believe what you were told about not needing to leave every 90 days.

After you get the one year extension you just need to do 90 day reports to immigration.

• Like 1

Thanks Ubonjoe for your reply.  So once I've registered our marriage I don't have to show anything else, I'm guessing I'll have to go to an embassy outside of Thailand and apply there?

So even for a multi entry non O visa I still have to prove 400k in Thai bank account or 40k each month? Or is this for a single entry?

It seems a whole lot easier just getting a ed visa, you don't have to deal with this or do visa runs. }

Thanks again :)  

14 minutes ago, rani said:

Thanks Ubonjoe for your reply.  So once I've registered our marriage I don't have to show anything else, I'm guessing I'll have to go to an embassy outside of Thailand and apply there?

So even for a multi entry non O visa I still have to prove 400k in Thai bank account or 40k each month? Or is this for a single entry?

It seems a whole lot easier just getting a ed visa, you don't have to deal with this or do visa runs. }

Visa are required to enter the country and applied for outside of Thailand. Extending (for 1 year) the permission to stay (90 days) you received on entry is done at the immigration office that covers the area you live in.

You can get a single entry non 'O' without proving finances at many embassies/consulates, but the only place you'll get a multiple entry without proving finances is at the Savannakhet consulate in Laos.

If you want a 1 year extension of stay on the basis of being married you need a certified (by your embassy) income if at least 40K baht per month, or 400K in a Thai bank account for 2 months before the application date.

These days getting an extension of stay for education is an even bigger "ball ache".

11 hours ago, rani said:

If you want to get a one year extension to avoid having to leave every 90 days you need to register your marriage and meet the financial requirements.

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

After getting a single entry non-ed visa you would then have to do extensions every 90 days at immigration unless your attend a university.

Cheers both for taking the time to reply :) 

Awesome so it sounds like I don't need to register my foreign marriage, if extending a multi entry non O, at Savannakhet, Laos. 

I've just seen a detailed post here, with what I think I need: 

Thanks again guys :) 

3 minutes ago, rani said:

Cheers both for taking the time to reply :) 

Awesome so it sounds like I don't need to register my foreign marriage, if extending a multi entry non O, at Savannakhet, Laos. 

I've just seen a detailed post here, with what I think I need: 

Thanks again guys :) 

You don't need to register your marriage to get a multiple entry non-o visa. They will accept your marriage certificate if it is in English or a translation of it to Thai if not in English.

You don't need a Kor Ror 22 foreign marriage registry to get the visa. Even the Kor Ror 2 for a marriage registered here is not required to get the visa. That topic is misleading.

• Like 1

Alrighty got you dude, thank you again :) 

So I just need these: 
1 x application form with 2 recent photos attached - Which is named Savannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF on that link.
1 x copy passport, signed by me

1 x copy wife ID card signed by wife

1 x copy marriage certificate, both sides, signed by wife and me + original just incase 
1 x copy wife house book, her entries, signed by wife (Wife doesn't have a house, will a cousins be OK?) 

12 hours ago, rani said:

Alrighty got you dude, thank you again :) 

So I just need these: 
1 x application form with 2 recent photos attached - Which is named Savannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF on that link.
1 x copy passport, signed by me

1 x copy wife ID card signed by wife

1 x copy marriage certificate, both sides, signed by wife and me + original just incase 
1 x copy wife house book, her entries, signed by wife (Wife doesn't have a house, will a cousins be OK?) 

It does not have to be her own house book. Just a copy of page one and the page she is registered on is needed.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It does not have to be her own house book. Just a copy of page one and the page she is registered on is needed.

You sir are a legend, thanks so much for your help, truly appreciate it :) 

• 1 month later...

Just got back from Savannakhet, Laos and easily obtained a Non-O Multi Entry visa based on Marriage. 

All I handed in was: 

x1 Application form with 2 photos
x1 Signed copy of my passport
x1 Signed (by my wife) copy of my wife's ID card & passport
x1 Signed (by my wife) copy of wife's house book she is registered at 
x1 Copy of our marriage certificate (UK version)
x1 Original marriage certificate (UK version)

Simple process, and Savannakhet was surprisingly a pretty cool place. The consulate officer did say we had to get our marriage certificate translated as soon as possible though.