Four dead in family massacre in car park at Nonthaburi municipal offices

rooster59

Unfortunately it is as someone sys the face - saving that controls more often then not Thais reaction to rejection, for whatever reason, be that in a shop or outside , if they feel as if they have been made to lose face they react, not often with such tragic endings but certainly with little or no remorse for the actions they commit.

Partly due to low education, but more I think to the culture , well educated Thais still feel the same way but use other means to get back and they know mainly because many have been educated outside Thailand that face-0saving is a Thai thing, it happens all over SE Asia andJapan. Not only men but also women who I feel are far worse when it comes to retribution.

RIP to the innocent victims the boy and his granddad.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately it is as someone sys the face - saving that controls more often then not Thais reaction to rejection, for whatever reason, be that in a shop or outside , if they feel as if they have been made to lose face they react, not often with such tragic endings but certainly with little or no remorse for the actions they commit.
Partly due to low education, but more I think to the culture , well educated Thais still feel the same way but use other means to get back and they know mainly because many have been educated outside Thailand that face-0saving is a Thai thing, it happens all over SE Asia andJapan. Not only men but also women who I feel are far worse when it comes to retribution.

RIP to the innocent victims the boy and his granddad.

Nothing to do with loss of face. Just a control freak who lost control.

13 hours ago, bangkokorbust said:

And this doesn't happen anywhere else in the world right?

If I had a nickel for every time a Thai apologist posted this, practically word for word, on TV...

Edited by hawker9000

14 hours ago, Notadoctor said:

I can't believe that some people are so low as to turn this into an anti-Thailand tirade.

Marshall McLuhan, 'The medium is the message'. Totally right. This storey reads differently elsewhere.

Many TV posters come here to vent. I would love to read a statistical happiness survey on posters.

8 hours ago, bangkokorbust said:

Your off your rocker if you think this is loss of face. This purely a jealous and possessive man who decided if I can't have her no one will.. It has zero to do with loss of face. If it did then every divorce would end with death here. The misunderstanding of the Loss of face here is staggering

Happens the world over and the West don't understand loss of face

You think that because every divorce doesn't end with death proves your argument...That's a leap and then some, as is the rest of it.

16 hours ago, dotpoom said:

What utterly stupid remarks. There are a group of people on here that come out with the same old B/S on every occasion similar to this.

Human beings are more or less the same all over the world. Some of us have loved ones that support us in our most desperate times of need whom we can turn to for friendship and support to keep us strong.

Others may not be so lucky and when they feel alone and see the only loved ones they have slipping away from them it can be so traumatic that the brain cannot cope and they have what is commongly known as a breakdown. In other words....it can drive them crazy.

Are you saying that this only happens in Thailand?

May God grant the deceased a safe and happy place where ever they are now.

FACE MY A--

A very sensible post, for the most part. I take it you're using a figure of speech at the end with your reference to the supernatural?

Just so sad on so many levels, 

Again an innocent young child loses a precious life through no fault of his own. I cannot begin to understand how any man can kill his offspring in cold blood.

R.I.P. little one.

13 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

If I had a nickel for every time a Thai apologist posted this, practically word for word, on TV...

You'd get rich a lot quicker if you had a nickel for every time a pseudo-intellectual Thai-basher posted their condescending rubbish on TV.

On 3/4/2017 at 3:51 PM, Just1Voice said:

Another shinning example of how the fragile Thai male ego simply cannot handle rejection.

Your observation is not incorrect.

We should also not ignore the other pressing issue i.e. how did this oxygen-wasting, disgrace to humanity get hold of a gun?

Did he have a permit or was the weapon obtained illegally? Or maybe the permit was obtained illegally?

We already know the answer to that, but would be good to know for academic purposes.

The combination of the fragile Thai male ego, their propensity for violence,

and easy access to unlicensed firearms creates a trifecta of disastrous consequences.

The end result is a chimpanzee with a loaded gun.

Somchai pulled the trigger this time (literally).