Where Do They Come From?....

kankaroo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could care less what anybody looks like. I think Thais get a kick out of it; something to look at, like freaks in a freak show. Life wouldn't be too exciting if we all wore suits. I can't tolerate the smell though. That's where the line must be drawn. Bad hygiene is as bad as second hand cigarette smoke.

I could care less what anybody looks like. I think Thais get a kick out of it; something to look at, like freaks in a freak show. Life wouldn't be too exciting if we all wore suits. I can't tolerate the smell though. That's where the line must be drawn. Bad hygiene is as bad as second hand cigarette smoke.

Yeah, the Thais have a lot more patience with them than some European countries like Greece. There, it's literally "Greeks don't want no Freaks". :o

Bad hygiene is worse than second-hand smoke...

davethailand Posted on Mon 2004-05-03, 16:09:38

they should be confined to koh samet or phi phi where they can act out scenes from the beach, braid their hair, smoke weed and talk about what a dreadful place the world is. 

Its a free world, live and let live.  Not everyone wants to go to Pervert City and buy a wife.

Sad Tosser.

And, for that illuminating post, duckthai, you get the assclown award for today! :o

assclownaward.jpg

Give him a double award. A real deserving case.

I'm not sure where they go but a good proportion come from the U.K.

There they like to call themselves "new age" people,they also will have nothing to do with the system,except once a fortnight when the beer token cheque arrives.

They don't mind that bit of the "system" I see them all the time here but at least it's good to know my taxes are going to a good cause.

Peace and vegetable rights.

There's really nothing 'new age' about any of them. Travelers like these have been going to India and Afganistan since the early sixties. They're not a big deal.

I think any tourist money from whomever is appreciated by the Thais.

Travelers like these have been going to India and Afganistan since the early sixties. They're not a big deal.

True but I bet there are not too many tourist visas being given out now for the delights of Afganistan.

Travelers like these have been going to India and Afganistan since the early sixties. They're not a big deal.

True but I bet there are not too many tourist visas being given out now for the delights of Afganistan.

Believe it or not Afganistan used to be a thriving tourist and trade paradise before the Russians screwed things up.

Don't worry about this weird farang! Since he's reported walking down Silom Road then his fate might well be on the cards. My Thai GF is having driving lessons in the very same location, and she is very good at driving on pavements :o

Afganistan used to be a thriving tourist and trade paradise before the Russians screwed things up.

The Taliban of course opened up a whole new world of tourist delights,public executions,blowing up huge stautues of Buddha,the compulsory wearing of burkas

(there again knowing what some Afghan women look like thats not a bad idea)

No entertainment of any sort,unless you think public executions are entertainment.

No education for girls etc etc.

If it's all the same to you I will stick to Thailand and give dynamic,tourist orientated Afghanistan a miss.

Definitely agree with you on that point. Just remember one thing, foreign invasions are what cause freaks like the Taliban to emerge and take power. I know this is off Thailand subject, will not elaborate any further.

Afganistan used to be a thriving tourist and trade paradise before the Russians screwed things up.

The Taliban of course opened up a whole new world of tourist delights,public executions,blowing up huge stautues of Buddha,the compulsory wearing of burkas

(there again knowing what some Afghan women look like thats not a bad idea)

No entertainment of any sort,unless you think public executions are entertainment.

No education for girls etc etc.

If it's all the same to you I will stick to Thailand and give dynamic,tourist orientated Afghanistan a miss.

Saudi does its chop chop business Friday mornings in the aptly named Chop Chop Square. Always a good crowd.

Oh come on guys, what ever happened to the age old phrase, don't judge a book by its cover? I definitely understand that at times some of these tourists' appearances are somewhat of an oddity but from personal experience some are quite interesting people. My friend that just left a few days ago was your perfect example of the khao san grungy touristy backpacker etc... guy, but he's actually a very nice and sweet guy whose studying to be a doctor.

We are all strangers in another country that is not ours, even those that are natives are at times quite of an oddity too.

Be nice please.

Hahaha Bluecat....he's from Switzerland and not studying Khao San, although maybe there should be a study on it???? Well it doesn't surprise me that you would know a few people who graduated from there.....with all due respect of course.

In reference to the first couple of pages of this thread..........remember this ? .........

"The sign said long haired freaky people, need not apply, so I tucked all my hari under my hat and went in to ask them why"................

I recently met the boyfriend of my niece who was visiting Thailand for holidays. She is a lovely person studying to be an architect and her boyfriend is a lawyer who represents underprivileged people.........he has a huge head of hair in dreadlocks !!!

He told me that every time he goes to the pub, some ###### will pick a fight with him......why ? Because he has dreadlocks !!

Sorry to say guys but I must admit that people who do things like that are brainless twits and deserve a good flogging.

Luckily for him he is a tough bastard and can fight like mad......he never backs down and never loses !! So next time you criticise someone like that, remember that you may just get your arse wooped !!