Australian Embassy - Proof of income now required for Stat Decs

Why would a statutory  declaration be needed when you have hard evidence of your income?

The definition and use of the declaration seems wrong in this instance for the situation. 

Can someone please phone the rule maker and let them know the process needs addressing. It's logically not correct.

yeah, and I think it is only a matter of time before they ask for Gross or Net.  Anyway, I am sure the USA will follow suit soon.  What I don't like is, if I provide bank statements showing all my bonds, and funds and the interest they pay, the statement has my account information all over it, each of my IRAs, and brokerage accounts.  I guess the bank may just issue a letter asserting at that moment in time a summary of my dividend and interests.  But getting that letter could be problematic as I would be overseas.  Not trusting mail very much

6 hours ago, stud858 said:

Why would a statutory  declaration be needed when you have hard evidence of your income?

The definition and use of the declaration seems wrong in this instance for the situation. 

Can someone please phone the rule maker and let them know the process needs addressing. It's logically not correct.

The "rule maker" agrees. Please refer to post #121

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Proof of income no problem, always wondered why we didn't have to before.  But how much does the income stat dec now cost please?  I understand the prices have gone up.  I am intending to go tomorrow, before they move the Embassy to Wireless Road next Monday (31st July 2017).  Thanks in anticipation.

Cancel, I see that someone has written 1760 baht above.  Ouch, that is some increase from 500 baht!

Edited by mikosan

1 minute ago, mikosan said:

Proof of income no problem, always wondered why we didn't have to before.  But how much does the income stat dec now cost please?  I understand the prices have gone up.  I am intending to go tomorrow, before they move the Embassy to Wireless Road next Monday (31st July 2017).  Thanks in anticipation.

AUD$70 I believe. Take a credit card.

On 3/7/2017 at 2:17 PM, david555 said:

Maybe this can clear up the dispute

..."If you are signing a Statutory Declaration in support of a retirement or other visa, you must provide proof of income such as a bank, Superannuation or Centrelink statement."

Can be found on this page of Australian Embassy Bangkok :smile:
http://thailand.emba...l_Services.html

I have read and reread the page to which your URL link directs me and it doesn't say that anywhere.  Unless the page has changed since you linked to it?

I've said this earlier in the topic but the contents of  a stat dec are legally no business of the JP, or in this case the embassy officer, witnessing your signature.

All they do is show proof that you signed the declaration.

10 minutes ago, mikosan said:

I have read and reread the page to which your URL link directs me and it doesn't say that anywhere.  Unless the page has changed since you linked to it?

That part of the page is gone because they dropped the requirement shortly after starting it.

• Like 2

Just now, ubonjoe said:

That part of the page is gone because they dropped the requirement shortly after starting it.

I knew I should have asked you first ubonjoe, cheers, thanks for that.  As it happens, I take proof anyway every year, both to the embassy and to Immigration, just in case!

55 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

They don't take baht any more?  :wacko:

They are trying to have people  use a credit card but they accepted cash from me in June. We had a little discussion about the topic.

That was at the outreach visit to Chiang Mai. 

2 hours ago, mikosan said:

I knew I should have asked you first ubonjoe, cheers, thanks for that.  As it happens, I take proof anyway every year, both to the embassy and to Immigration, just in case!

You also could have read the thread and read the reports that some of us have gone to the trouble of submitting.

2 hours ago, ripstanley said:

They are trying to have people  use a credit card but they accepted cash from me in June. We had a little discussion about the topic.

That was at the outreach visit to Chiang Mai. 

Not in Bangkok. They'll accept Thai cards, International credit/debit cards and cash. The THB cost was 1750 in June, but they adjust that every month to approximate the exchange rate.

3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

More proofs on income?

Perhaps the Thai Immigration boys gave an informative lecture to the Aussie Embassy boys?

They DO NOT want you to show proof of income. Please read posts 99 and 100. They posted info on the website in March that they did but this has been changed since early April

• Like 2