57-year-old man mauled to death by three Rottweiler dogs

rooster59

57-year-old man mauled to death by thee Rottweiler dogs

By The Nation

The body of a 57-year-old man was found Sunday morning in a field in Bueng Kan province with bitten wounds all over and three Rottweiler dogs walking restlessly around, police said.

The man was later identified as Somwang Thongtan, a resident of Ban Mai Pattana village in Tambon Sriwilai of Sriwilai district.

The dogs – one female and two male – apparently bit and yanked his clothes off. The badly destroyed clothes were found several metres away from the naked body.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30307990

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-05

Terrible.

From pictures seen on a Thai site it seems some "breeder" keeping (or not) his dogs in cages.

Not the best environment to raise friendly animals.

Combined with negligence (cage not properly locked)?

I DON'T have a Rottweiler BTW !

Well this seems somewhat unusual.  Bites from dogs normally penetrate clothing.  I have not read before where dogs remove the clothes of the victim totally either. Maybe that is what someone wants people to believe.

Rottweilers are very loyal and docile if bred correctly  I used to have one and she would never hurt anyone, no matter what they did to her. (Unless I gave "order" to do so.)

This case seems a little strange to me and the fact that she paid 30,000 for funeral expenses makes it even more strange.

Life is so cheap in Thailand.

I was once bitten (in Europe) by am Alsatian that jumped over a fence as I was walking on the street. The teeth pierced my skin and brought just a little blood. There was a slight hole in my trousers.

The owners paid me an equivalent of about 20,000 baht for medical fees and new clothes. The dog (sadly) was also put down.

37 minutes ago, petedk said:

Rottweilers are very loyal and docile if bred correctly  I used to have one and she would never hurt anyone, no matter what they did to her. (Unless I gave "order" to do so.)

So, just to be clear, - you trained your "docile" Rottweiler to attack someone, anyone, on your "order"?

That sounds extremely irresponsible to me but perhaps I am missing something?

Patrick

7 minutes ago, p_brownstone said:

So, just to be clear, - you trained your "docile" Rottweiler to attack someone, anyone, on your "order"?

That sounds extremely irresponsible to me but perhaps I am missing something?

Patrick

Nay Patrick,  you are not.  His dog is different.

Whenever these tragedies occur, there always seem to crop up at least one, usually more, Owners who tell us all how gentle and docile these dogs really are.

RIP to the unfortunate man.

Man killed by three Rottweiler dogs

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37TrQT1fdJi70n0b0QyTnM2B

SRIWILAI: -- A man was mauled to death by three Rottweiler dogs in a rice field in Sriwilai district of Bung Karn province on Sunday as he was collecting snare traps used to cat field rats.

Police said the victim, Mr Somwang Thongtun, was unaware that the three wild dogs were roaming nearby after they were set free by their owners who owns a shop.

The shopowner later told the police that he was willing to pay relatives of the dead victim 30,000 baht in compensation.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/man-killed-three-rottweiler-dogs/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-06

Setting loose 3 rottweilers, that appearently are trained to kill. After that offering to pay the enourmuos amount of 30000 Bath! Isn´t that a little stiff?
Seriously! This owner must be on supernatural pills!

As they say a life can be so cheap in montary terms here, it almost makes you sick. Then add the lack of responsibility on the part of some people and you really wonder what the world is coming to.

9 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Wait till the pitbulls slowly growing in popularity here become mixed up with the soi dog stock.

The owner of these 3 rottweilers should be sentenced to a years in prison.

We now have 5 pitbulls in our village, all owned by renters. One has managed to get loose twice and come to our front gate intent on getting in and killing our little Schitzu cross soi dog. Fortunately the bars on the gate were close enough he couldn't get his head inside. All of the 5 are dangerous and would no doubt either badly maul or kill another dog, and a human too possibly. I hate the savage bastards and see no reason  to own one.

Ultimately all dogs are pack animals and the fact that many are domesticated and have been since before Egyptian times,  does not do away with their natural instincts.  Dogs will be loving and loyal for years but just assume after say 5 years your two dogs or whatever no longer get fed and looked after -  what do you think they will do roam the rice fields or Sois begging for a handout or do you not think that perhaps they will revert to their basic hunting instincts and both look for food together ? That is when they become dangerous to us, but for them it is a natural instinct.

19 hours ago, esprit said:

Well this seems somewhat unusual.  Bites from dogs normally penetrate clothing.  I have not read before where dogs remove the clothes of the victim totally either. Maybe that is what someone wants people to believe.

it state's "bitten" which i think is mis spelt means "bite wounds all over "

willing to pay thirty thousand baht ( this beggars belief arrogant <deleted>)

19 hours ago, DavisH said:

These .... need to be found and put down.

Maybe you should read the article before commenting. You sound like a Policeman.... The perps were at the scene, Somchai found them already??!!

12 hours ago, petedk said:

so rottweilers are are just big docile babies ...   they will never attack or savagely bite anyone ?

well,  sorry to say but I hate irresponsible dog owners who breed pitbulls,  rottweilers or any other crossbred dogs that are used for the owners personal macho image or hunting or that are generally a dog used to attack .... as you mentioned.

Why the heck do you need an attacking dog   ????:shock1:

30,000? Why pay at all....

I have some bad neighbours and am training some german shephards to be descent guard dogs. Can i pay 30,000 also if need be one day per head?

I mean seriously i got crazy neighbours that flick rocks at my house and flash lights to stir the dogs up all night everynight which has happned for years. One day i might forget to lock that gate....

I have spent a lifetime encountering and experiencing being victim to the negative attributes of DOGS. And listening to the profound ignorance of emotionally retarded people who love, protect, make excuses for dogs.  The ultimate truth is that a dog IS a projection of the owners personality. The owner inflicts on you,,by proxy,, what He or She cannot do directly.  It is a power trip. OR an emotional crutch, or just one of the many activities that people indulge in because they Want to and to hell with anyone else.  Notice how dog lovers always defend each other.  Except for professional use, NO ONE needs to have a dog. A rabbit is wonderful especially for children, just example. Virtually all free roaming dogs should be eliminated. It might be argued some of a correct type left for killing rats.  ANYONE, whose dog KILLs another Human Being should be so Killed. Death penalty. Mauling? very strong punishment. Barking? Dog eliminated. Second time owner forced to move as well with stiff fines.  I repeat. Not necessary to own a dog.  I do not want to hear any crap from you dog lovers. I have heard it all. I have nothing but CONTEMPT for most all of you dog owners..

Any dog breed can turn from docile, to killers in a heart beat. It only takes the right

conditions, such as three dogs together, and one of them being aggressive. I have been bitten

by a Doberman as I was riding a bike, and it had been run over as a pup by a bike. Once I was off the bike it let me go. I have seen Rottweilers attack and kill another small dog, because it got into their yard, and they

were not on their leashes, so to say that these dogs are always docile is just dreaming.

Geezer

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

so rottweilers are are just big docile babies ...   they will never attack or savagely bite anyone ?

well,  sorry to say but I hate irresponsible dog owners who breed pitbulls,  rottweilers or any other crossbred dogs that are used for the owners personal macho image or hunting or that are generally a dog used to attack .... as you mentioned.

Why the heck do you need an attacking dog   ????:shock1:

What breed are these "attacking dogs"
I find poodles and those little rat dogs to be more aggressive overall than some of the "bad" dogs quoted on this post

I was dead against pitbulls for a long time, until I decided to learn more about the breed as a friend has one...
My ignorance was admittedly justified, so much so, that I called my mate up (in Oz) and told him that I finally understand his love for the dog.

1 hour ago, thhMan said:

What breed are these "attacking dogs"
I find poodles and those little rat dogs to be more aggressive overall than some of the "bad" dogs quoted on this post

I was dead against pitbulls for a long time, until I decided to learn more about the breed as a friend has one...
My ignorance was admittedly justified, so much so, that I called my mate up (in Oz) and told him that I finally understand his love for the dog.

A poodle or a "little rat dog" can't kill you or even do too much damage, a pitbull or rottweiler can. As I pointed out earlier, there are 5 pitbulls in our small village, every one of them is a foaming at the mouth monster. The fact that they may have been raised wrong is irrelevant, they are dangerous dogs, owned by people with the mentality of gangsta rappers, outlaw bikers and hillbilly rednecks.

3 hours ago, esprit said:

Ultimately all dogs are pack animals and the fact that many are domesticated and have been since before Egyptian times,  does not do away with their natural instincts.  Dogs will be loving and loyal for years but just assume after say 5 years your two dogs or whatever no longer get fed and looked after -  what do you think they will do roam the rice fields or Sois begging for a handout or do you not think that perhaps they will revert to their basic hunting instincts and both look for food together ? That is when they become dangerous to us, but for them it is a natural instinct.

I agree. In New Zealand it is quite a common occurrence that when a few dogs get together they will maul and kill an entire flock of sheep, due to their pack instincts kicking in.

Every dog has in them the potential for violence and killing ... much as do humans and most every other member of the animal kingdom.   Some dogs don't have the ability to do serious damage because they are just to small and weak.  A Rottweiler of course does have both potential and ability.  Clearly these dogs were used by the owner to be watch dogs and have their potential for violence trained up.  Letting them loose was irresponsible and akin to, if not in fact, man slaughter.  Were I the family I would ask for sufficient compensation to pay a local tough to top this guy.  

4 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

According to the shop owner who let his dogs run free (and maul this man to death), THIRTY THOUSAND BAHT  ought to cover it.  Amazing Thailand.

Should throw the shop owner to the dogs....

Archived