Retirement Extension Renewal

My retirement extension expires on May 13th.  By my calculations, I could go to renew my extension beginning on March 25th.  Given that the month of April is full of holidays, I am thinking of going to Chaeng Wattana on March 27th or maybe the 28th to avoid the beginning of the week.  Does anybody see any better options?  

Chaeng Wattana immigration will accept a extension application up to 45 days early. Just remember if using the 800k in the bank option it needs to be there for 3 months on the date you apply.

You should have everything you need done by the date of your planned trip out.

9 hours ago, sendintheclowns said:

maybe a bit offtopic, but can I ask for an answer on the rules for renewal dates, in situation where the current year retirement 'O' extension expires on a Saturday.

Are you allowed to do the renewal on the following Monday (assuming it is not a holiday?)

You could apply on Monday and not be charged a overstay fine since your permit to stay ended on a day immigration was closed. If you went on Tuesday you would pay an overstay fine for every day.

Of course I would not advise doing that since you can apply for the extension well before it ends.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply on Monday and not be charged a overstay fine since your permit to stay ended on a day immigration was closed. If you went on Tuesday you would pay an overstay fine for every day.

Of course I would not advise doing that since you can apply for the extension well before it ends.

Thanks. Normally, we have plenty of time. This year, due to a hospital stay, in another province, the timing is  bit tight.

Thanks, Joe.  I use the retirement income option with an affidavit from the US Embassy.

I'm inclined to do the extension on a Tuesday near the end of March to avoid the heavy traffric on a Monday.

10 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Thanks, Joe.  I use the retirement income option with an affidavit from the US Embassy.

I'm inclined to do the extension on a Tuesday near the end of March to avoid the heavy traffric on a Monday.

Looking at a calendar and counting 45 days early the 30th would be the earliest you could apply.

On 7/3/2017 at 8:07 AM, ubonjoe said:

Ubonjoe , it seems every year we have new problems at NST Immigration. Today, we arrived a few days early (expiry date is Sat. March 12). My 800,000 baht term deposit certificate was refused on the following grounds ''it started on Dec. 9,2016. So it is invalid, as it is not 3 months old. Alternative explanation, 22 days in Dec plus 31 Jan plus 28 Feb plus 8 March (today) does not add up to 90 g

days. I went off the deep end ( not good,) but they refused to process our application. 

Said come back Monday, 14th. The boss will be back later today. Are they correct? Thanks for a swift response.

3 minutes ago, sendintheclowns said:

Ubonjoe , it seems every year we have new problems at NST Immigration. Today, we arrived a few days early (expiry date is Sat. March 12). My 800,000 baht term deposit certificate was refused on the following grounds ''it started on Dec. 9,2016. So it is invalid, as it is not 3 months old. Alternative explanation, 22 days in Dec plus 31 Jan plus 28 Feb plus 8 March (today) does not add up to 90 g

days. I went off the deep end ( not good,) but they refused to process our application. 

Said come back Monday, 14th. The boss will be back later today. Are they correct? Thanks for a swift response.

I think we're scuppered. Wife says, they want to see 800,000 baht for 3 months - and February is not a 'normal?Month. 

5 minutes ago, sendintheclowns said:

I think we're scuppered. Wife says, they want to see 800,000 baht for 3 months - and February is not a 'normal?Month. 

Calendar months is the norm.

What are you supposed to do - give February a bonus of 3 days !!!!!!  :smile:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sendintheclowns said:

It is 3 months not 90 days. Today the 9th of March is 3 months and it is also 90 days.

Sunday is the 12th not Saturday. If you go on Monday you will not pay an overstay fine.

• Like 1

Refleting on the attitudes displayed at Immigration, last Thursday, I would appreciate a bit more advice, please.

1. I told the front office boss that the regulations said that our 800,000 baht at bank was ''onside'' (especially as the starting date on the certified bank print out was December 7 ; so, Dec 7-March 9 is 3 months for sure). Neitehr she nor the officer at the desk were interesetd in looking at any documentation. Her response to me was ''do YOU have a copy of the regulations?'' When I repled no and ssked her if,surely they had a copy in the office, she just smiled and left me standing there, gobsmacked. In addition, the signed photocopies of our savings book which I prersented showed that  we had a cointinuing balance in excess of 1 million baht in our savings account from Nov. 7 to Dc 9

On 9/3/2017 at 0:32 PM, sendintheclowns said:

Thanks, Joe. But their castle, their rules. 20 years experience.

Reflecting on the attitudes displayed at Immigration, (see 1 and 2below) last Thursday, I would appreciate a bit more advice, please.

our concern that they will mess with us, when we revisit Immigration, tomorrow, Monday, Mar. 13 .So, I would appreciate it if I can download the Regulations Can you help?

Bear with me and my life story: 

A bit of background

1. - during last Thursday's visit, I told the front office boss that the regulations said that our 800,000 baht at bank was ''onside'' (especially as the starting date on the certified 3 month bank print of our saving account was December 7 ; so, Dec 7-March 9 is 3 months for sure). Neither she nor the officer at the desk were interested in looking at any documentation. Her response to me was ''do YOU have a copy of the regulations?'' When I replied no and asked her if,surely they had a copy in the office, she just smiled and left me standing there, gobsmacked. In addition, the signed photocopies of our savings book which I presented showed that  we had a continuing balance in excess of 1 million baht in our savings account from Nov. 7 to Dec 9 - the date we made the term deposit for 800,000 baht.

2. My wife returned to the Immigration office, the same day and repeated a request for a referral to the regulations re: the 3 month 80,000 baht rule. The desk officer, literally, threw a sheet of white paper on the counter. It has +/- 10 lines of printing in Thai language only. Unfortunately, my scanner is not working today. It is not an official document, looks like it was internally generated in the office, and is undated. He circled a few words that included the number 3. My wife went to the boss, again - asking if she could translate what this page said. The boss's parting words were - I do not have any more time for you .

I am trying to get this translated.

we've been to this office for the past 10 years, most years, they have made some difficulty out of nothing, just interpretation, or a new document they want (eg in 2016, it was ''a photo of your Thai guarantor ,, with you, inside and outside your house''). Wish us luck!!

2.22 In the case of retirement:

Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.

The alien: (1) Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).

(2) Must be 50 years of age or over.

(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month: or

(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to the filing date: or

(5) Must have an annual earning and fluids deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht 800,0000 as of the filing date.

Police Order 327-2557 (2014) - extension criteria & conditions en - immigration.pdf

• Like 1