whats so wrong with isaan girls

Khon Kaen Dave

6 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

"She was quite wealthy in her own right before i met her"

I would imagine many if not most bar girls get in the game because dismal to no prospects of earning living wage back home. Survival can be a motivator that dispenses with much of what we comfortable farangs call morals.

"morals" is a concept that westerners introduce.

One of the characteristics of Thailand is that there are no/few "morals".

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Not really sure if there is much difference between an educated lady from Khong Kaeng or an educated lady from Hua Hin.

You may also need to consider the overall relativity of "educated".

There is extreme poverty for many in Issan and many Issan women and men were neglected by parents; which is mental abuse and have abandonment issues.  Some were even sexually abused.  Many were only raised by one parent and if it was a mom she probably was out of town working leaving the child alone with the grandmother for extended periods of time.  Not healthy.

Some never went to school!

Mental abuse creates abandonment problems which creates major personal relationship problems for the victims, even with family members.

The worse being a, 'covert narcissist.'  If either parent was a narc, chances are the children are as well.

When meeting a woman or man always ask them how they got along with their parents, brothers and sisters?  If they said they didn't, a huge red flag and run away.  If they love bomb you in a bar or from a single ad, (their playgrounds,) another red flag.  If they make you sick and you feel like you are in a culdesac; you’re in a toxic relationship and probably with a narcissist from abandonment issues.  Some victims in love even commit suicide from emotional problems with covert narcissists that sabotage the relationship continually.

Many narcs have addictions like sex, alcohol and drugs.  Even if they are in a relationship, then will run to a bar to satisfy their needed sexual supply and cash for the family.  Sound familiar?

If you feel you are romantically involved with a narc, I recommend going to UTube and go to the link below. I also recommend subscribing to his channel as he has many videos and describes everything you need to know to keep your mental health if you are locked in with a narc.

If you’re not involved with a narc a day will come when you will be.  Watch the videos and reverse the manipulation. Enjoy the love bombing, sex and bullshit, and be the first to withdraw from the relationship before the narc does and save your mind.  A narc has no soul, and is empty.  They feel nothing, except a cash flow.  Learn about gas lighting manipulations and flying monkeys (how they use your friends as spys)...no joke.

https://youtu.be/DLa5q_AKJgc

10 hours ago, bangkokorbust said:

To the OP why do you think educated thai men have left the low class isaan girls exclusively for farang men?
And of course to the lowest educated men in Thailand the dark isaan male.
Think about that.

You are spouting exactly what is inherent in the Thai class system.

After living in the Isan for twelve years together with a Thai wife, having contacts and friends in farang, Thai and Isan circles, I can only conclude the Isan people are more straight and honest as Thai people and most certainly better as farang living in Pattaya and frequenting bars.

And yes, I know a few bargirls, not professionally but socially, you have probably no idea the pressure those women are living under, from family, from children, from society, from other bargirls, from anything conceivable.

Small wonders money is their goal.

But that is not very different from Thai women.

Thai men?

Face sick types.

3 trips to Thailand, 3 months each trip, and relations with approximately 70 women (zero paid for but for an occasional street food dinner) and only ONE offered to pay for anything and she was from Isan.  A chunky nice girl who I didn't sleep with who showed me all over Isan (pink flowers, etc.) and would not take my 500 baht for gas and water she bought.  I know for a fact she was poor and I felt bad she refused to take the money.  I was insistent she take it but I should have tried harder or just left it in the car as it really made an impression on me that this poor girl most likely spent that much money on the gas for us all (her sisters came with us).  I'm still impressed with that gesture to this day.  

Nothing wrong with Isaan girls per se, only with hookers. Once a girl has been a bar girl / hooker there is a large chance that she is only thinking about money. It changes someone and its hard to change back. Now of course three are always exceptions to this rule but in general it holds. 

As for educated / uneducated.. that is again up to the person his preferences. I would hate to have a dumb (not the same as uneducated) girlfriend. Others don't mind at all as long as she is good in the sack.

27 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

I confused you said she never been in a bar then before that you say she work in bar with you for 5 yrs which is it TIT

I was going to post the following at the end and, until I saw your post I was beginning to think that I had imagined it :)

I am married to a wonderful Isaan girl(46) who worked along side me for 5 years in the bars we owned and ran in Pattaya. She was a loyal partner, and an honest woman.I have known her for 7 years, and we have been married for 5 of them.She was quite wealthy in her own right before i met her, and i live in her house, that she built from her fathers insurance money.She is bright and clever to Mathiom 6 standard, and speaks good English.We have a happy life together, and she has really never asked me for much. She asks only that i love her and stay with her

but when the thing about Isaan girls is brought up in the Pattaya forum, all isaan girls are described as robbers thieves, and liars. My Mrs worked in Bkk as a quality supervisor for Addidas.She had never seen the inside of a bar, let alone worked in one.

I was going to post the following at the end and, until I saw your post I was beginning to think that I had imagined it :)

I am married to a wonderful Isaan girl(46) who worked along side me for 5 years in the bars we owned and ran in Pattaya. She was a loyal partner, and an honest woman.I have known her for 7 years, and we have been married for 5 of them.She was quite wealthy in her own right before i met her, and i live in her house, that she built from her fathers insurance money.She is bright and clever to Mathiom 6 standard, and speaks good English.We have a happy life together, and she has really never asked me for much. She asks only that i love her and stay with her
but when the thing about Isaan girls is brought up in the Pattaya forum, all isaan girls are described as robbers thieves, and liars. My Mrs worked in Bkk as a quality supervisor for Addidas.She had never seen the inside of a bar, let alone worked in one.

I might be wrong here but I am assuming he meant " she had never seen the inside of a bar, let alone worked in one " before he met her.

Then he/they bought a bar and she worked with him .

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm [emoji4]

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I might be wrong here but I am assuming he meant " she had never seen the inside of a bar, let alone worked in one " before he met her.

Then he/they bought a bar and she worked with him .

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm emoji4.png

You could be right.

11 hours ago, bangkokorbust said:

OP it's just a fact that nearly all bar girls in Thailand are from isaan. There reputation precedes them. You should know that.

From my own anecdotal evidence more girls are from Bangkok and Pattaya and the surrounds than before. Most Uni degrees are fairly worthless (even if you get a job it's for small money) and if you have to support a baby, parents and brother, whatcha gonna do?

34 minutes ago, does said:

Those without sin... how about this one: the reputaion of farang coming to Thailand preceds them. Sound pretty aweful, right?

I agree with this comment, but this is again, lumping all farangs in the same mold, as with the Isaan girls.

I was once unlucky enough to be sat next to a guy who was on his way home from three weeks in Pattaya.

(it had been his third trip here)

Usual attire, beer Chang vest, shorts and flip flops, reeking of beer and loud.

He started to tell me all about his holiday experiences which consisted of three weeks in Pattaya, in the bars/go go's and massage parlors and all about the bar girls.

After three trips here he was an expert on all things Thai.

He asked me if I'd been to Pattaya, I said yes, more times than you've had hot dinners, I live about an hour from Pattaya and I've lived here for six years, where else in Thai have you been?

(I'm happy to say after I told him I've been living here six years  he stopped telling me what to do and how to go on in Pattaya, silence reigned)

He'd been nowhere else In Thai, only Pattaya on all three trips!

He was English, so am I, so in the eyes of the Isaan bar girls was he the typical high end farang (Brit) tourist?

Some people look at at rest of us as less than they are.  Should not waste your time worrying about their values.  There are going to be people like this, no matter how hard you try, and they aren't listening anyhow.  Just smile, shake your head, and keep walking.

11 hours ago, bangkokorbust said:

OP it's just a fact that nearly all bar girls in Thailand are from isaan. There reputation precedes them. You should know that.

Well, I see lots of girls from Isaan in the bars, but not nearly every one is from Isaan. Similarly, many Philippine bar girls come from Samar. Perhaps the reason for both is that each of those provinces is poorer or lacks other  opportunities  in comparison to other provinces.

It should be recognised that 30% of the entire Thai population lives in Isaan. It is also true, I think, that it is the poorest region. It is therefore a statistical probability that in bars or even other major cities there will be a greater proportion of Isaan girls than you would think.

One should never generalise about particular people any more than one should be specific about the population at large.

Experiences in Thailand with women depends of your age and your Thai language skills. If you are a farang over 60 years old, no good Thai speaker,  and looking for a lot younger women, you have 90% chances to find only gold diggers....on a Pattaya's bar...or on a BK classy country club. And probably...get cheated in many ways possible.

11 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Siambeast

Then by your post,you have revealed that you know nothing.

It seems Siambeast has spoken in generalities, but hardly wrong or know nothing. Do you think the odds of finding a good woman is better in the bars or in the provinces? Do you deny many bar girls are from Isaan? If you accept that statement, do you think the prevalence of bar girls from Isaan is caused by poverty or lack of opportunity or something in the water?

I fail to understand why the original post was made in the first place? Great!  Dave has found a wonderwoman and good for him !.  It is a fact that Isaan, which is after all the largest Province and the poorest, has acquired a reputation over many years of having a greater % of girls who do follow the bright lights, rightly or wrongly, but this does not brand all of them by any stretch of the imagination, or at least it shouldn't do. Believe it or not outside the main tourist areas, Thai women are amongst some of the most conservative in Asia, but it is only the minority that hit the headlines !

KhonKaenDave,

So this well eduacated Isan woman that manages very well by herself and has never stepped inside a bar

suddenly goes into the Pattaya bar business when she meets you.

Kind of Cinderella story, huh ?

Homer.jpg

@Khon Kaen Dave: Why do you feel you personally have to protect the "face of Isaan girls", anybody came too close to you or do you just feel to write all the NorthEastern problems off your soul?

I I've been living in Isaan, too, for ages and I couldn't care less about anybody's squandering same as I don't care if somebody has a low opinion of e.g. Swiss girls

17 years, you ought to know better.

Why does it anger you? If you feel you have a keeper good luck to you, but why bat for others.? You don't know what the next Isaan girl is like or why they are peceived in that way.

There are so really nasty stories out there.

The whole thing is really terrible. I almost swore off Thai women in the beginning due to TV members. 

Most people are good, some people are bad. But...the Issan women I have met, 99% have hearts of GOLD.

Even girls in USA I suspect of being former bargirls, they are very sweet women. 

My wife is a hard worker, has money, her family industrious hardworking people, don't want anything from me, didn't expect it. All wonderful people. Wife worked in gov't., Brother government and his restaurant...all good.

My wife's friends, Issaan, all good people, all great women. 

Also, consider all of the poor Thai women scammed by foreigners to send money. And others who move to other countries and become slaves?

I thought all this about my own wife and we were married a similar amount of time until I found out she had been cheating on me pretty much the whole time we had been married and sometimes even for money.

I have been with poor Thai ladies and rich Thai ladies and to be honest I find the rich ones more scheming (why are they rich?)

I am not saying there arent exceptions to the rule but with my experience I can't help but be cynical.

Good luck to you but be careful about putting all your eggs in one basket the fall is always harder if it does go tits up.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I am kind of curious as to what the real issue is here and the real reason behind this post?  (seriously why post this??)

- Issan girls are stereo typed just like everyone else... get over it.. its just the way things are....

- common sense dictates this is a generalization and doesnt respresent 100% of all issan girls

- IF you know she is a good person and she makes you happy does really matter where she is from?

-  why do you care what strangers think? do the words of strangers bring doubt that the person you love is a good person somehow? (if it does you are an idiot)

12 hours ago, Hutch68 said:

Calm down Dave like I said before the Isaan girl haters are the ones that have been shot. I met my wife 14 years ago working in a Bangkok mall, at the age of 12 she left home to work in bangkok as her dad's new wife didn't want her around. The finest and kindest woman I have ever met, no arguments, good sex and a great laugh every day.

One up for the Isaan girls 555

Archived