It's official - Thai real estate bubble pops.

41 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

What can you buy next to Northpoint, Zire, Northshore, Cove for bigger, similar quality?

I can only think of one next to Zire and its a decrepit old Condo which looks horrific with paint peeling off, old balconies enclosed, some open and the common areas are a complete mess.

And thats before venturing into upstairs corridors.

Give it ten years and they will

all be looking like the one you described . You could always have a nice unit amongst a load of ugly I guess ?

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Give it ten years and they will

all be looking like the one you described . You could always have a nice unit amongst a load of ugly I guess ?

you mean you hope, the jealousy and envy on here is quite sad, full of bitter people like this poster only too happy for people to lose their life savings or make big mistakes, who can't wait for condo companies to go bust and then read with glee of the people who've lost a lot of money, people they don't know and will never meet but still rejoice as they lost money doing something they could never afford to do.

the bitter on here should be ashamed

1 hour ago, hugh mckee said:

ok my lack of knowledge which implies you have this knowledge??? you go on to say you'd be finding one for 4m baht

ok I'm intrigued, show me a 4m baht 70+ sq m new build condo right next to the beach for 4m baht about 56k sq m

I viewed many many new builds before making my choice even in sri racha they are far more than 4m, bang saen even more and not even at the beach but even with all my tireless viewings, I still have no knowledge and some keyboard expert on here know's far better than I do, yes I saw many condos cheaper than mine but didn't tick all my boxes and in fact I choose one of the more expensive one's I viewed but never saw any by the beach for 4m or even 5m for the size i wanted which was a large living area and one largish sleeping area, and def' not 2 bedrooms, I'm not a renter.

you get what you pay for, I paid 104k sq m because that is the going rate despite the downturn, if there wasn't a downturn i'd never got it at that price, I could have bought 100's of condos for 4m baht but not with the location I wanted for my holiday home purchase, as I said quite simply you get what you pay for and you have to pay for location and the privilege of owning a new home, people like destiny are either too jealous or too stupid to realise this.

so destiny show me this 4m baht 70+ sqm new build condo right next to the beach in Pattaya you speak of, as you say you have the knowledge and I don't, I await with interest.....maybe for a very long time?

quite simply you pay what you have to pay, the market dictates the price, not you and definitely not the clueless "know it all" keyboard experts on here, who think they have all the answers mostly from their small rented rooms far from any beach.

I dont fancy being right at the beach because its becomes a boring view soon as the sun goes down pitch black.

better bit further away on a very high floor and u have sea and city views combined which is a much nicer view to have.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

I dont fancy being right at the beach because its becomes a boring view soon as the sun goes down pitch black.

better bit further away on a very high floor and u have sea and city views combined which is a much nicer view to have.

you haave a point but perhaps Hugh will enjoy both views. Pattaya is a bay and a number of buildings on both ends have both even at direct beach location.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

so with all your real estate knowledge does that mean you cannot after all find a new build condo by the beach in pattaya for 4m baht, despite your claims, of course, not surprised of course but why claim and write these things with no knowledge?

3 minutes ago, Naam said:

you haave a point but perhaps Hugh will enjoy both views. Pattaya is a bay and a number of buildings on both ends have both even at direct beach location.

he doesn't have a point, the point was how much living by the beach costs to buy, not whether he'd prefer it or not, he said he could easily find a new condo of over 70m by the beach for 4m baht and the point is he can't despite claiming to have much knowledge on real estate, he's just one of these keyboard experts who writes nonsense.

25 minutes ago, hugh mckee said:

so with all your real estate knowledge does that mean you cannot after all find a new build condo by the beach in pattaya for 4m baht, despite your claims, of course, not surprised of course but why claim and write these things with no knowledge?

I think i already motivated my perferences and it doesn't matter for u because u are locked in already.

I just happy this way we cant become neighbors. 

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Looks like it isn't a forum full of stupid people handing over 8M for something that doesn't exist.

Only one of those here.

I don’t know what your personal situation is and maybe it’s just the way I read your posts but you particularity come across as really really bitter about how other people spend THEIR money.

For someone who proclaims to live in a 2 mb house, I am not sure where you get all your real estate experience from. There is obviously  demand at those price levels otherwise they would not sell. I would prefer to be a stupid person who can afford to buy an 8mb condo on the beach than a clever person who has a 2mb house and boasts of being able to live off that 8mb for 12 years.

Most people aspire to better themselves in life and their families, just because you seemingly have no such desire, i don’t think you are in a real position to be imparting real estate advice.

13 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I don’t know what your personal situation is and maybe it’s just the way I read your posts but you particularity come across as really really bitter about how other people spend THEIR money.

For someone who proclaims to live in a 2 mb house, I am not sure where you get all your real estate experience from. There is obviously  demand at those price levels otherwise they would not sell. I would prefer to be a stupid person who can afford to buy an 8mb condo on the beach than a clever person who has a 2mb house and boasts of being able to live off that 8mb for 12 years.

Most people aspire to better themselves in life and their families, just because you seemingly have no such desire, i don’t think you are in a real position to be imparting real estate advice.

Maybe he’s saving his money for his kids education (smart)? As he said he can’t own it so why buy it (smart)? Maybe 2 million baht is what his wife’s job/ mortgage will allow (smart)? Many pretend rich on here . Once the moneys gone from selling off everything in their home country and getting skint very quickly (easily happens ) they end up topping themselves or better still going back to their home country to live on government handouts for the rest of their lives ! I know plenty of old timers that it’s happened to and I feel

for them massively . 

33 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Demand and supply old boy. Go and buy it if you want to live there.

I myself have no desire to buy either condo or townhouse. I was simply stating what is available. For myself I bought a stand alone house. Not part of a subdivision.

42 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Maybe he’s saving his money for his kids education (smart)? As he said he can’t own it so why buy it (smart)? Maybe 2 million baht is what his wife’s job/ mortgage will allow (smart)? Many pretend rich on here . Once the moneys gone from selling off everything in their home country and getting skint very quickly (easily happens ) they end up topping themselves or better still going back to their home country to live on government handouts for the rest of their lives ! I know plenty of old timers that it’s happened to and I feel

for them massively . 

Maybe he is as you say. But on the other hand maybe Mick can easily afford 8mb and it has no baring on his standard of living if it all went wrong. So why criticize and call someone stupid for the decisions they make?

42 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I myself have no desire to buy either condo or townhouse. I was simply stating what is available. For myself I bought a stand alone house. Not part of a subdivision.

Well personally i would prefer to own a condominium 100% in my name than a house through a company set up with majority thai ownership. I certainly know which is a more secure form of ownership. If you took 100 cases where people have had issues with ownership.and been shafted, i would wager 95% of them are from your set of ownership rathet than those with a condominium.

12 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Maybe he is as you say. But on the other hand maybe Mick can easily afford 8mb and it has no baring on his standard of living if it all went wrong. So why criticize and call someone stupid for the decisions they make?

true . But if he wanted advise then he’s a little late to the party . That’s why he’s coming across to me as a bitter man that’s trying to shift his liability . One minute he’s saying he came to learn things about real estate in Thailand the next he’s saying he’s already done extensive research !! Which one is it ? I’d call a troll .... 

5 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Well personally i would prefer to own a condominium 100% in my name than a house through a company set up with majority thai ownership. I certainly know which is a more secure form of ownership. If you took 100 cases where people have had issues with ownership.and been shafted, i would wager 95% of them are from your set of ownership rathet than those with a condominium.

That id agree with you . Either way is not full proof considering the land the condo sits on will never be yours . But if you was going to put money into Thailand a condo is the safest bet the trouble to me is it restricts your freedom to get out of dodge when the times right ! Once the condo building ages everyone is moving onto the next best shiney thing .

4 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

That id agree with you . Either way is not full proof considering the land the condo sits on will never be yours . But if you was going to put money into Thailand a condo is the safest bet the trouble to me is it restricts your freedom to get out of dodge when the times right ! Once the condo building ages everyone is moving onto the next best shiney thing .

I have never heard of one case in Thailand of someone with a transferred condo in their own name having an ownership issue like you could experienf e woth land. Considering its explicitly dealt with under the condo act and 100% legal for foregin ownership, as long as you are diligent as possible in your choices then its a very very low risk ownership.

I dont agree with your land under he condo comment. Its the same in pretty much every multi ownership residence in the world. 

It would restrict your movement in any country. Everyome personal circumstances are different and what is a concern for you is not for others.

4 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I have never heard of one case in Thailand of someone with a transferred condo in their own name having an ownership issue like you could experienf e woth land. Considering its explicitly dealt with under the condo act and 100% legal for foregin ownership, as long as you are diligent as possible in your choices then its a very very low risk ownership.

I dont agree with your land under he condo comment. Its the same in pretty much every multi ownership residence in the world. 

It would restrict your movement in any country. Everyome personal circumstances are different and what is a concern for you is not for others.

Again the guy came for advise ,if he didn’t want other people’s point of view he should of just buttoned it . We all Live different lives granted personally I don’t want ownership of a place I can’t maintain myself as I’m not in the country full time . I still have to work and so does he by the sound of things . I have done it already and it’s a massive pain in the butt . While your not there getting full benefit of it depreciation is a real thing . Keep your money in your home country where you can own outright and get a positive income from owning rentals . Get to retire quicker and lead a decent life . That’s my plan 

1 minute ago, chrisandsu said:

Again the guy came for advise ,if he didn’t want other people’s point of view he should of just buttoned it . We all Live different lives granted personally I don’t want ownership of a place I can’t maintain myself as I’m not in the country full time . I still have to work and so does he by the sound of things . I have done it already and it’s a massive pain in the butt . While your not there getting full benefit of it depreciation is a real thing . Keep your money in your home country where you can own outright and get a positive income from owning rentals . Get to retire quicker and lead a decent life . That’s my plan 

As we note everyone is different. I work and live here full time and cannot at the current time foresee circumstances where i would move back to the home country on a full time basis. For the record if all things were equal i would definitely prefer to live in a house than a condo. However when all things are considered, a condominium is the easiest and most convenient option for me.

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

The house is in wife's name, chanote title. It's for her and our youngster. If ownership was on my mind, I wouldn't buy period.  

4 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Don't see how greed and consumption can be classed as 'bettering oneself'.

Guess I'm not really with modern western values, which is probably why I don't live in the west.

15 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Don't see how greed and consumption can be classed as 'bettering oneself'.

Guess I'm not really with modern western values, which is probably why I don't live in the west.

I think its natural to want the best for your families, whether it be nice belonging, better education, the best medical, dentistry and give them the best possible start in life to succeed.

I guess its not just modern western values you are not with, it would be the same for nearly all across the world, including Thailand.

Over and out Comrade MaeJoMTB.

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

This must be the worst instance of 'buyers regret' I've ever seen.

oh yes and you can post this as you have met so many people in your life who have regretted buying a condo in thailand,

I can tell you how many people you have personally met who have "buyers regret" as you call it and it is zero, you don't know anyone in this category and never will and as you have no clue about me either then not sure i can qualify in your "buyers regret" list, easy for you to type your words as if your an authority but just a forum and you can write anything

another expert????

Archived