Activate "unused ssd" in disk management.

Dutchbike

I recently got myself a new laptop, with preinstalled  an official licensed Windows 10 and I have it all set up, installed all my programs and imported all my files and it runs very well.

However....  something is bugging me, besides the 1 TB HDD it has a small 24GB SSD which seems too be non active. 

It's not showing in "this PC"

this PC.PNG

In disk management or computer management it does show as disk 1 but has no file system (NFTS) or letter assigned to it as all other active drives have

Disk management.PNG

When I right click on it, all options are grayed out expect help and delete volume ( what I do not want to do)

The only option I have is when the cursor is on disk 1 > right click option: convert to dynamic disk or look at the properties :

ssd properties.JPG

As partition style it is named Master Boot Record (MBR) 

Does that mean it is reserved for the OS?boot up?? it has 100% free space.

Hopefully someone can shine some light and clarify as so far didn't found a answer.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, JaseTheBass said:

It's used as extra 'RAM' (sort of) to help speed the laptop up. It can't be used as normal storage, so just leave it alone.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

Thanks, I will leave it alone, got plenty of storage so that's not an issue, I was just curious what that SSD is doing.

Cheers

DB

Archived