Thailand to collect 400-baht national park entrance fee from foreign visitors

webfact

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 01322521959 said:

Disgusting. How can they justify two tier pricing? Its so wrong on so many levels. Stuff them, after being here over 20 years how can the ask me to pay more than a Thai?
The authorities always think as far as the end of their noses.
PATHETIC.

Sent from my i-mobile_i-STYLE_219 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

it might be disgusting but it's reality. get used to it. whining in a forum is not a solution. dozens of threads in thaivisa exist. those who are in power care a flyung fàrt.

2 minutes ago, Naam said:

it might be disgusting but it's reality. get used to it. whining in a forum is not a solution. dozens of threads in thaivisa exist. those who are in power care a flyung fàrt.

Accepting abuse or discrimination of any kind is not a solution. Unfortunately, the Thai people in general have been indoctrinated over a long history of authoritarian rule to accept abuse and discrimination as a natural part of their culture.

Just now, Srikcir said:

Accepting abuse or discrimination of any kind is not a solution. Unfortunately, the Thai people in general have been indoctrinated over a long history of authoritarian rule to accept abuse and discrimination as a natural part of their culture.

nobody has to accept double pricing although sometimes it can't be avoided and nobody is forced to visit a national park.

Fine for the philistines who keep saying 'don't go'. If you're a naturalist and want to see a particular species of bird, say, then you have to go.

Keep ranting, folks. Try to get the foreigner rate down to 2x, which would be perfectly reasonable.

On 3/6/2017 at 5:45 AM, marquess said:

Look at the minster's beaming face, another chip of the old stupid block. How can we keep fleecing farangs and keep a straight face at the same time!

coat  hanger inserted  in  mouth:thumbsup:

Dual pricing engenders tremendous resentment as this thread demonstrates, which is not good for the country longterm I would think.

If it was a discount for people living in the province the park is located in, I think most would find it acceptable.

But 10 x the price, and even for people who are local but aren't native Thai, is not a smart way to run things.

On 11/03/2017 at 10:38 AM, Shawn0000 said:

One of your ideas was to up Thai entrance prices to offset the foreigner price under some false premise that dual pricing will have a negative effect on the parks despite the clear fact that it hasn't and has only increased their revenue.  If you want to make an assertion that is countered by evidence then you will need some sort of citation to back up your imagination or it will be taken as just that.  You also claimed that the government had used the dual pricing to avoid increasing their budget allowance despite the fact that in the time since the introduction of dual pricing the budget allounance has increased by 800%.  I am afraid your opinion lost all value when you chose to present it as being based on some degree of fact as I immediately presented you with facts to the contrary, which you childishly responded with, "you don't know".  You again fail to present anything of substance, just more "you don't know".  

Sadly you are completely misinformed......do your groundwork before promulgating such nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Chip Allen said:

They are entitled to ask for 400 baht. We are entitled to find other things to spend our money on. Free market and all that. :sleep:

Possibly the feeblest comment on the whole  thread. The concept of "entitlement" gas no real meaning here and in no way is a rational justification of what is clearly a bad idea......one thing for sure that is NOT involved in this pricing is any sort of market forces....

5 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Dual pricing engenders tremendous resentment as this thread demonstrates, which is not good for the country longterm I would think.

dual pricing exists since my first visit to Thailand 43 years ago. and it will exist 43 years from now.

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Because they can,  your still not Thai. :blink:

You are not Thai, but if you have in your passport a thai home address and

a driver license with ID number you don't pay the extra fee.

2 minutes ago, lungmi said:

Sorry to say you are wrong. That used to be how it was. But a few years ago they stopped accepting Thai licences etc.

1 hour ago, lungmi said:

The Passport address is important.

Nah !1 You can get away with it getting into Thai parks etc but some parks have change direction, some not depends on how you go about.

The thing is how many Thai parks etc you visit a year, month or week, come on why make a fuss over 400 baht, just think about it,  what do you want next a discount in fuel. :crazy: 

4 hours ago, lungmi said:

Yeah l have that but some Thai places don't care, they can see your not Thai ya know. :whistling:

15 hours ago, lungmi said:

Where have you been? that practice was "officially" dropped a few months back......

13 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Nah !1 You can get away with it getting into Thai parks etc but some parks have change direction, some not depends on how you go about.

The thing is how many Thai parks etc you visit a year, month or week, come on why make a fuss over 400 baht, just think about it,  what do you want next a discount in fuel. :crazy: 

the 400 baht entrance fee is not a discount - it's a tenfold surcharge.

it doesn't help the parks fundings

It does nothing accept make visitors annoyed or turn them away.

Define visitors to the park staff please. Some parks are fine with my Thai IDs. However, I could show up at Khao Som Roi Yat National Park with my Thai License, Thai Retitrement Visa, Thai Auto, Thai Family, Speaking in Thai and my Yellow Book stapled to my nose and the lady there will still demand 400 baht from me and me alone to enter with my group. 

1 hour ago, Notadoctor said:

the 400 baht entrance fee is not a discount - it's a tenfold surcharge.

it doesn't help the parks fundings

It does nothing accept make visitors annoyed or turn them away.

Agree some but when my family & friends come holiday Thailand they don't moan they just say  " It's only 9 quid or so, l'm on holiday who cares."  :biggrin:

18 hours ago, Notadoctor said:

Possibly the feeblest comment on the whole  thread. The concept of "entitlement" gas no real meaning here and in no way is a rational justification of what is clearly a bad idea......one thing for sure that is NOT involved in this pricing is any sort of market forces....

The idea that Thailand CARES what farangs feel or think, should be put to rest. We are walking ATMs, nothing more nor less. My comment may be "feeble" but not nearly as feeble as the protests of those who think our financial contribution means anything to the Thai government. They have a long history of ignoring simple economics and shooting themselves in the feet.

6 hours ago, Notadoctor said:

Passport address? What are you talking about - there is no address on EU passports........

the German Embassy enters on demand city/town/village but not a street address.

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:31 PM, Jessi said:

More discrimination by the Thai Government. Double pricing standards all over this Country.

The Government does it so all small business think its OK to rip off the tourist.

It is not double pricing. Compared to the 40 Baht Thais pay it is a 900% TAX!

Archived