Central Dept Store earmarks B1 bn over 5 years to grow online presence

webfact

Central Dept Store earmarks B1 bn over 5 years to grow online presence
By KWANCHAI RUNGFAPAISARN
THE NATION

3fae05d7f331cd0ae38f15c97dc765c6.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- CENTRAL Department Store Co, a unit of Central Group, yesterday announced it would invest about Bt1 billion over the next five years on information technology and online systems in a strategic expansion of its digital platforms.

The move is in line with Central Group’s vision, “Digital Centrality”, to integrate digital technology into all aspects of its business operations. 

Central Department Store says it has also initiated the “Central 4.0” strategy to reinforce the company’s position as the top retailer in customers’ minds and offer them seamless shopping experiences both online and offline. 

Piyawan Leelasompop, executive vice president for marketing at Central Department Store Co, said the chain wanted to increase the contribution from online shopping significantly, from about 1 per cent of sales currently to 5 per cent by the end of this year, to 10 per cent by the end of 2018, and up to 15 per cent in five years.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/corporate/30308118

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-07

They cant get their customer loyality programme, their 1Card nor their tourist promotion card right.

Maybe they'll do better with Central Digitality, ahem .... Digital Centrality - wonder how this gets translated into the local lingua. 

More common sense (yeah, I know - this is Thailand), friendlier staff not staring 24/7 into Line, Facebook and other gizmos and possibly some staff trying to speak some English would help. 

I - for one - prefer to fly to Singapore, do my (considerably cheaper) shopping there; why should I pay THB 4'600 for Lego building blocks (Toys 'r Us Singapore THB 1'450) or a WMF pressure cooker for THB 10'000+ when in Lucky Plaza the same cooker is available for THB 3'900. 

Focus on the core business which are those customers in the store already, learn from them and their needs and then consider going virtual. Centrally Yours - or is it Digitally Yours? 

Oh.. An online store front... With prices higher than say Lazada.. So tell me, why should I buy from Central online when I can get my watch cheaper on Lazada with the same warranty by Central Marketing Group????

1 hour ago, patyh said:

Oh.. An online store front... With prices higher than say Lazada.. So tell me, why should I buy from Central online when I can get my watch cheaper on Lazada with the same warranty by Central Marketing Group????

Exactly what I was going to mention, I recently purchased watches from Lazada and the Central online prices for the same products were 40-60% higher. Whilst Central may be able to rely on their name/brand & consumer idleness,  if they want to grow in this market they need to take a serious look at their online pricing strategy!

Edited by realfunster