Police raid houses of influential figures in Uthai Thani

webfact

Police raid houses of influential figures in Uthai Thani

0703001.jpg

UTHAI THANI: -- Police commando and military personnel seized several weapons and ammunition in a coordinated pre-dawn raid of the houses of two influential local officials in Uthai Thani province.

Armed with search warrants issued by virtue of Section 44 of the interim constitution, the joint police and military force raided the house of 67-year old Suparb Kwosatja, a former Pheu Thai MP, in Tambon Nam Rob, Larn Sak district of Uthai Thani.

Suparb was suspected of involvement in the gun attack of a hi-lo gambling den on February 3 in which three gamblers were shot dead and one injured. The main target of the attack, a kamnan inspector, narrowly escaped death however. But Suparb denied any involvement.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-raid-houses-influential-figures-uthai-thani/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-08

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Armed with search warrants issued by virtue of Section 44 of the interim constitution

Duplicitous or false statement.

Article 44 doesn't require a search warrant. A search warrant is issued by the court. The advantage of operating under Article 44 is that no court-approved search warrant is required. Otherwise the government must prove to the court that reasonable cause to justify a search exists. Juntas don't like due process of law to interfere with their agendas.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Why am I not surprised the guy was a PTP MP.. With the likes of Charlem as an example it shows that the biggest criminals are always PTP. 

Not a fan of the PTP but, when you only go after 1 side it is easy to say that they are the only criminals, killers etc. 

Having lived down south for many years weapons, killings etc are no different down there to the PTP lot up north! I just open my eyes with no biased opinion! 

2 minutes ago, welshissan said:

Not a fan of the PTP but, when you only go after 1 side it is easy to say that they are the only criminals, killers etc. 

Having lived down south for many years weapons, killings etc are no different down there to the PTP lot up north! I just open my eyes with no biased opinion! 

Oh I am not saying there is a difference between north and south crime wise, but you don't read much about former democrats getting arrested for stuff like this. That could mean that they either never go after democrat criminals.. or that their MP's are just cleaner.. I believe in the latter, unless proven wrong. I believe so because the PTP is the only group with an armed wing that kills and threatens for the. That just shows me how they accept violence and criminals a bit more. Can you name one democrat MP that is comparable to Charlem and his sons ?  Only one I can think of is Suthep.. he is one of the worst democrats i know but havent seen him covering up murder for himself or his family. 

I certainly don't think the democrats are clean (Suthep is living proof they are not) but I think they are cleaner in general than the PTP.  At least where its violence and murder concerned. 

It is almost impossible to succeed in local politics in Thailand without being deeply involved in the black economy - organised crime - local police - local politicians nexus. The profits are too great, the costs (of buying off headmen, voters and "canvassers) are too high and the deterrents (in the form of the justice system) are very weak.

Everybody knows this. If you are too straight, you will lose or be murdered.

This raid is only because his rivals (who he apparently tried to kill) were able to call in reinforcements from higher up the food chain.

This kind of political structure where corruption fuels politics and politics fuels corruption can be seen in various forms across the world. It creates wealth inequality and inefficiencies in use of a community's resources.

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Oh I am not saying there is a difference between north and south crime wise, but you don't read much about former democrats getting arrested for stuff like this. That could mean that they either never go after democrat criminals.. or that their MP's are just cleaner.. I believe in the latter, unless proven wrong. I believe so because the PTP is the only group with an armed wing that kills and threatens for the. That just shows me how they accept violence and criminals a bit more. Can you name one democrat MP that is comparable to Charlem and his sons ?  Only one I can think of is Suthep.. he is one of the worst democrats i know but havent seen him covering up murder for himself or his family. 

I certainly don't think the democrats are clean (Suthep is living proof they are not) but I think they are cleaner in general than the PTP.  At least where its violence and murder concerned. 

In answer to your last paragraph,  I think cleverer is the best word but thanks for the reply. 

Along with their loaded constitution they will keep making these PTP "raids" right up to the next (if it ever happens) election. Once you got em down you have to keep your foot on the back of their neck. Thats how "democracy" works.