Agencies launch campaign against sexual harassment on public vehicles

webfact

Agencies launch campaign against sexual harassment on public vehicles

BANGKOK, 8 March 2017 (NNT) - The Safe Cities for Women Thailand organization has organized an event on the occasion of International Women's Day 2017 to raise awareness of sexual harassment on public transport vehicles. 

Assistant to the Deputy Permanent Secretary of Transport Ministry Panchit Chindakul inaugurated the event stressing the importance of ensuring a safe environment on public transport vehicles. 

The event featured a short film highlighting sexual harassment issues on public vehicles, a talk on various aspects of the issue and how to assist victims of sexual harassment, and symbolic gestures such as whistle-blowing and attaching no-harassment stickers on public vehicles. 

The campaign was made possible by a collaborative effort between Safe Cities for Women Thailand, the Thai Health Promotion Foundation, and the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA). 

Launched in Bangkok, the campaign serves as a model transport system on preventing sexual harassment.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-03-08

I can see your concern your jammed in and a captive. Not as bad as India yet. Get yourself a mighty might tazer that fits in the palm of your hand and give em a zap. So many times I thank the powers that made me that I am not a women. Maybe special cars for ladies only. To throw in a little humor on a serious topic I am working on a new dress covered in mouse traps cheese optional.