Hydrogen Peroxide Where to get?

Oink

Can anyone help locate a supplier of Hydrogen Peroxide. the place I used to get it has closed! 

I use it in my ornamental ponds to keep them clear as it does not corrode the pumps, lights or cables as chlorine does.

Thanks

Oink

H2O2.JPG

Hi. I was about to say "easy to find, by example in BigC" (for pharmaceutic usage, 3 or 5%)

but then I saw on your pic: H2O2 at 50% (!) and bag 35 kg (!!)

so in this case, sorry, no idea...??

PS: Did you try to contact SOLVAY ?

http://www.solvay.com/en/markets-and-products/products/detail.html?productId=1491&productName=INTEROX®+ST-50+(H2O2<50%)

I needed 5 seconds only to find the Interox ST50 distributor in Thailand. Just Google "interox ST50".

OK, the website is in Thai, but it is not difficult to read the phone number of "LC.Industrial" and contact somebody able to take your order.

Edit: An other supplier " SIAM JIN CHAROEN" is describing hydrogen peroxyde as KCL (well, this is Thailand) ;-)

wtf.jpg

1 hour ago, whatawonderfulday said:

It is also pretty good as a major constituent for bomb making material TATP. Also a good disinfectant. So whatever floats your boot I guess 

You are thinking of Acetone Peroxide powder. This is a 50% aqueous Hydrogen Peroxide solution. Blow this up and the worst that would happen is that everyone within a half mile radius would turn blonde.:shock1:

2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Hi. I was about to say "easy to find, by example in BigC" (for pharmaceutic usage, 3 or 5%)

but then I saw on your pic: H2O2 at 50% (!) and bag 35 kg (!!)

so in this case, sorry, no idea...??

PS: Did you try to contact SOLVAY ?

http://www.solvay.com/en/markets-and-products/products/detail.html?productId=1491&productName=INTEROX®+ST-50+(H2O2<50%)

Contacted them and they did not seem interested once they understood that I wanted 35 Litres, not a 35 ton road tanker. Commercial sales only!

Thanks for the lead!

44 minutes ago, Oink said:

You are thinking of Acetone Peroxide powder. This is a 50% aqueous Hydrogen Peroxide solution. Blow this up and the worst that would happen is that everyone within a half mile radius would turn blonde.:shock1:

Most definitely not what I am thinking as I stated a fact. Yes in its plain form Hydrogen Peroxide can be used in the hair salon but  as I stated it is major constituent for TATP. I did not say it would be mixed directly.

eg.

"The suicide bombers who carried out attacks in Paris Friday night used an explosive called triacetone triperoxide, Paris prosecutor François Molins said Saturday. TATP can be made in a household using, among other ingredients, hydrogen peroxide."

I just want to replace the Tub I have now to keep my ponds clean. I have no intention of manufacturing explosives.

So, back on topic, if anyone knows where I can source some, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Oink

7 hours ago, teigen said:

I needed 5 seconds only to find the Interox ST50 distributor in Thailand. Just Google "interox ST50".

OK, the website is in Thai, but it is not difficult to read the phone number of "LC.Industrial" and contact somebody able to take your order.

Edit: An other supplier " SIAM JIN CHAROEN" is describing hydrogen peroxyde as KCL (well, this is Thailand) ;-)

wtf.jpg

No idea! KCL is Potassium Chloride

KCI however used to supply downhole chemical sealants to consolidate aging wells if I remember correctly.

Will do some research to see if they are local.

Thanks

I used to purchase this stuff by the Tonne for cleaning up drinking water in the UK. I got a visit at work from the Special Branch to verify it was for commercial use. This was at about the same time that passengers were starting to be limited to small amounts of liquid carried onto planes.

I bought from a UK company called Albion Chemicals.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found a supplier in Bangkok. He is going to put it on the train and I pick it up at the station.

If anyone else needs any PM me and I will give you details.

If you have fish like carp in a pond it will safely keep it weed and algae free and not harm the fish!

Baht 1,050 for 30 Litres

13 minutes ago, Oink said:

Finally found a supplier in Bangkok. He is going to put it on the train and I pick it up at the station.

If you have fish like carp in a pond it will safely keep it weed and algae free and not harm the fish!

Baht 1,050 for 30 Litres

same price in Pattaya, Theprasit Road, pool shop "Loma-Tec".

11 hours ago, Oink said:

Baht 1,050 for 30 Litres

Really?  What about the small guppy fish?  I've had problems with our pond for a long time.  Worse this time of year.

14 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Really?  What about the small guppy fish?  I've had problems with our pond for a long time.  Worse this time of year.

We are talking about the water quality, not the fish size. Sure it would work, but guppy fish eat pond weed and insect eggs so you would probably starve them.:shock1:

• 1 year later...

Anyone wanting Hydrogen Peroxide in smaller amounts than the OP should try their local pharmacy. Failing that your local veterinarian will use it to clean animal open wounds and should be able to sell you a litre or so.

Archived