Phuket officials consider solar panels in cost-cutting measures

snoop1130

Phuket officials consider solar panels in cost-cutting measures

The Phuket News

1488971468_1-org.jpg

Phuket Vice Governor Teera Anantaseriwidhya made the suggestion as he delivered a “Home Economics 101” lesson to the heads of the main government offices on the island at a meeting at Provincial Hall yesterday (Mar 7). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- Having solar panels fitted to the roof of Phuket Provincial Hall was just one of the measures said to be under consideration yesterday (Mar 7) as a way to cut down on the spiralling utility bills racked up by government offices on the island.

Phuket Vice Governor Teera Anantaseriwidhya made the suggestion as he delivered a “Home Economics 101” lesson to the heads of the main government offices on the island at a meeting at Provincial Hall yesterday (Mar 7).

“I have been informed that the Ministry of Interior was randomly checking official utility bills and found that the cost of running government offices in Phuket has increased,” V/Gov Teera said.

The increase in the provincial utility bills ranged from electricity and water use, to EMS post and telephone bills, V/Gov Teera explained.

“This does not match government policy to reduce their costs to save taxpayer’s money,” he said.

“We are considering installing solar panels on the roof of Provincial Hall and charging fees for using Provincial Hall meeting rooms,” he said.

“We are also considering taking other measures to offset the rising costs of running government offices,” he added.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-consider-solar-panels-in-cost-cutting-measures-61305.php#DjAzUX6fZEzYQoYg.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-3-8

I'm surprised at the lack of solar in Thailand. The apartments I lived in in Patong had it and the water was always roasting. A proper shower as well- not one of those dribbly electric thingies.

Some of the new technologies generate enough power for a house and the panels look like normal roof tiles.

anything with an upfront cost is almost never chosen in thailand. better to pay more in the long run seems to be the logic here. i have an off grid solar unit in one part of my property and am now looking for solar for the other part. i could not believe it when i screwed the panel on the roof and plugged in the cable and the power flowed out. awesome.

9 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I'm surprised at the lack of solar in Thailand. The apartments I lived in in Patong had it and the water was always roasting. A proper shower as well- not one of those dribbly electric thingies.

Some of the new technologies generate enough power for a house and the panels look like normal roof tiles.

I noticed on a visit to China that most of the hotels around where I stayed had solar hot water.  

I see that few, if any, of the new hotels going up in Chiang Mai have large flat roofs and not a panel to be seen.   There's no lack of sunshine!