Thai govt to install internet services in 24,700 villages nationwide

webfact

Govt to install internet services in 24,700 villages nationwide

BANGKOK, 9 March 2017 (NNT) - The Ministry of Digital Economy and Society has expedited the installation of internet services at 24,700 villages within 2017. 

Digital Economy and Society Minister Phichet Durongkhaweroj said that the Prime Minister provided guidelines on developing the eGovernment of Thailand during 2017-2021, by enabling the public and business sectors to realize and understand the government’s digital development, recommending users to opt for technological advancements to maximize their results during this five-year period. 

The government aims to install internet services dubbed village Internet in 24,700 villages from a total of 70,000 villages nationwide this year. Internet connectivity will aid local businesses in the communities, he said. 

The Minister of Digital Economy and Society went on to say that the development of eGovernment also contributed to Thailand's improved competitiveness ranking.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-03-09

Govt to install internet services in 24,700 villages nationwide

BANGKOK, 9 March 2017 (NNT) - The Ministry of Digital Economy and Society has expedited the installation of internet services at 24,700 villages within 2017. 

Digital Economy and Society Minister Phichet Durongkhaweroj said that the Prime Minister provided guidelines on developing the eGovernment of Thailand during 2017-2021, by enabling the public and business sectors to realize and understand the government’s digital development, recommending users to opt for technological advancements to maximize their results during this five-year period. 

The government aims to install internet services dubbed village Internet in 24,700 villages from a total of 70,000 villages nationwide this year. Internet connectivity will aid local businesses in the communities, he said. 

The Minister of Digital Economy and Society went on to say that the development of eGovernment also contributed to Thailand's improved competitiveness ranking.
  nnt_logo.jpg -- nnt 2017-03-09

Old news, our village got it months ago as did all the surrounding villages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, irlguy1 said:

How does it work?  

Hopefully when installed it will stop those crazy early morning calls on the village p.a asking for money nearly everyday to build something   else at the local temple.

I very much doubt it :(

Ours are still shaking the house at 7am [emoji35][emoji35]

It's basically just low quality free internet. Good enough to browse and watch you tube but not for streaming a movie etc.

You buy the router and then get 2 hours internet before your logged off and then u can log on again. Public markets already have the router so u register with your ID card number. It's one access per phone or tablet and it can't be shared.

4 hours ago, irlguy1 said:

A lot depends on where you live.

I live in rural Khampaeng Phet close to the Mae Wong national park. We have a fibre optic cable from AIS and one from DTAC but they only connect to the cell sites further along.

Last November 3BB ran a fibre optic cable out the front of the house but when I checked on Monday it will be at least 6 months and may even be next year before connections are available. TOT haven't even run a fibre cable yet and I use a WiNet connection from them as there is little else available.

5 hours ago, irlguy1 said:

Installing it in another 24,700 villages this year is current news, did you think the headline was, Thailand to install the internet in a village for the first time?

8 hours ago, rijb said:

How does it work?  

It is the glaring omission in the article. How are they doing this? A Pythonesque body decided to

'expedite' something.... Bizarre but we are used to it.

Zero content in that statement.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Dangerous policy. People with access to the internet can find out the truth about all the lies the Government has told them.

Actually, they can find out the truth about the lies ANY government has told them. If you think that is dangerous to the junta, consider how it will affect those who relied on an ill-informed and uneducated populace to elect them.

Giving free access to different POV can only increase the quality of Thai democracy.

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Dangerous policy. People with access to the internet can find out the truth about all the lies the Government has told them.

Only if they have VPN, mines up for renewal today only $39.00 worth every cent as I can see what I want