No delays as Suvarnabhumi runway repairs continue - but they have some tasty snacks just in case

webfact

5 hours ago, nisakiman said:

That will be a great consolation to those travellers who have a connection in the ME of less than three hours.

My transit time in Doha when I return to Europe at the end of the month is two hours. And as far as I know, Qatar only operate a couple of flights a day to Athens. Just checked - make that three a day. If I were to miss my connection, I would have an eight hour wait for the next flight.

Still, I'd get a free hot meal and a drink, which would make everything ok!

Except for the fact that by the time I arrived in Athens on the later flight and cleared customs and immigration, the last train to my final destination would probably have left, which would mean I'd have to book a hotel in Athens (not cheap, particularly when you include meals etc) and stay there overnight.

But I'd have got a free hot meal and a drink!

Put your shredded pork bun and bottle of water in your daysack. 

You can use it to keep you going whilst you are kicking your heels around Athens Railway Station waiting for the early morning train.

Simple really....

This can happen anywhere in the world that a runway needs repairing.

Whats the matter with you critters ? They are working around the clock to ensure the big airlines can safely 

land their big A 380s with moaners like you aboard without the wheels disappearing through the runway.

Then you really would have something to worry about.

SRT does not know what maintenance is ,,, have a go at them