Shwab HK vs Interactive Brokers for US shares?

Anyone could recommend between these two?

I want to park some money in USD - since FED is expected to hike cash rate = USD would go up. Until the next storm comes (financial crisis), since the value of about everything is atm too high to risk.

I would actually prefer to park the money in GBP as I can't imagine what worse can happen to GBP than it already did. The lower GBP now helps businesses who export, but there is no way to open a bank account in England online. EUR is gamble - it can be ok, but it can go bust thanks to Italy, Spain, Greece, and lovely immigrants.

I'm European, living (mostly) in Thailand.

Thanks!

I have accounts with both - schwab international is much much better in terms of visuals, ease of use, tools.  IB is better for range of stocks, etfs, options (though Schwab has all you need really), plus slightly lower cost (though schwab already v low cost).   IB account wins in terms of logistics of opening account- you can do that online with minimal effort, schwab there i a bit of back and forth, sending them documents via mail etc.   I would be happy just to use schwab but wanted to divide my investment funds up between two brokerages for security/safety (yes i know highly unlikely anything could happen but still...) .