Monk ‘may have fled in early days of siege’

rooster59

Monk ‘may have fled in early days of siege’

By THE SUNDAY NATION

eac6e1f37b89e7b73651567a029ffa37.jpeg

Dhammakaya Temple followers carry food and drinking water into the compound yesterday after the authorities ended their weeks-long siege in an ongoing hunt for its former abbot Phra Dhammachayo.

THE HUNT for wanted former abbot Phra Dhammachayo will continue after authorities admitted that he may have fled during the three-week siege of Dhammakaya Temple, officials responsible for the operation said yesterday.

Police and the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) are attempting to verify tip-offs about the fugitive monk’s possible whereabouts, DSI director-general Paisit Wongmuang said yesterday. He added that those places were inside temples affiliated with Dhammakaya.

“We have got tip-offs that Phra Dhammachayo may be in hiding at one of those places. The DSI is verifying the information and collecting evidence to apply for a search warrant as soon as possible,” he said.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30308725

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-12

why telling this information to the public? Never understand Thainess . Shut the <deleted> up and do your job professionally.

Edited by metisdead
8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

No kidding ! Who'd have thought ! Clearly a lot smarter than those chasing him.

he even had a good week to pack his case before they said they were coming ! 

That makes sense to warn someone in advance we are going to give a call !! .

Edited by Nigeone

29 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

why telling this information to the public? Never understand Thainess . Shut the <deleted> up and do your job professionally.

If they hadn't given him a weeks notice that they were going to raid the place, they might have him already.

They just can't keep their stupid mouths shut.

52 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Police and the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) are attempting to verify tip-offs about the fugitive monk’s possible whereabouts, DSI director-general Paisit Wongmuang said yesterday. He added that those places were inside temples affiliated with Dhammakaya.

Sounds like they either want the Abbott to find a new hiding place or they want see if they can flush him out.  Still they have made way too much noise and not enough police work. 

I'd be willing to bet on all the saffron robs they have up there that the temple

has an underground labyrinth of bunkers and tunnels that are self sufficient

with entry and exits point away from the temple's gates,

and although the abbot might not be there any longer, he was certainly there

for some parts of the times....

RING RING...

"Hello?"

"Yes we are going to be there this time next week to arrest you. I just wanted to let you know it is going to be very unpleasant for you and you will not be a monk anymore and you are going to jail for a long time and we are going to take all your stuff and you should not try to leave or hide. OK?"

"OK."

"By the way, what country code is +377?"

Edited by NCC1701A

3 hours ago, jerojero said:

May have fled?

How? He was to ill to walk (except walking on water) too heavy to be lifted and invisible to all who tried to assist him. Interesting, when it becomes inconvenient people here just disappear- ordinary criminals, Abbots, Russian tourists, political activists.

First time I've heard mention of the other Dhammakayo temples in Thailand. Wiki lists four 'notable' temples, so presumably there are others, and presumably the movement is expanding. Obviously a significant challenge (in terms of competing for adherents) to the establishment temples.

Edited by ddavidovsky

Well the incompetents gave so much warning I expect he was already long gone. Possibly puffing a joint whilst doing his money laundering on line and reading TV to keep abreast of events and gaining useful insights from the members. You never know Nat ( Lilly thai) maybe  with him right now giving him the comfort most Monks need, and she likes to give, now that poor Harold is history.

Edited by whatawonderfulday

One would think those doctors treating him would know where he is.
In the photos he did have a pretty bad leg.
I think the DSI have done a good job. No one killed or injured.

I don't think it's incompetence but a good outcome.

They will get him.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, carlyai said:

They will get him.

Not the least surprised that you and many other posters condone that a person wanted on an arrest warrant escapes justice

5 minutes ago, carlyai said:

They will get him.

"They will get him. " Would you like to bet a beer or two on that?