Suvarnabhumi Airport dismisses allegations of stolen belongings of passengers

webfact

Suvarnabhumi Airport dismisses allegations of stolen belongings of passengers

BANGKOK, 13 March 2017 (NNT) - The Immigration Bureau and Suvarnabhumi Airport have confirmed that the airport has a high security system, following the allegations in social media that an airport officer stole belongings of passengers. 

Commander of the Immigration Bureau Pol.Lt.Gen. Natthon Phrosunthon said the bureau and the airport had already taken care of the passengers whose bags had been opened. The passengers had made reports with the Suvarnabhumi Airport Police Station but had not filed complaints since no valuable items had been lost, said the commander. 

Pol.Lt.Gen. Natthon explained that the airport officers might open the bags for security reasons and ensured passengers of security of the airport. As for the high volume of departure passenger traffic, the airport worked with all relevant units to manage the passengers systematically and efficiently, said the commander. He added that the airport was flooded with passengers only in the morning.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-03-13

If the shoe fits, they say... let's face it, Thai officials are not known for their

stellar honesty and integrality under the best circumstances, so it's stand

to reason that some, few of the officers who come into contact with

baggage might something they like and cant resist having....

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

This statement was issued to you by the Ministry of Denial. :wai:

I believe the full name is: Ministry of Denial and Bullshitting.

I heard they're getting an ever-growing amount of fiscal attention ... 

28 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Amazing! Less than a month ago they are parading a guy that was caught stealing from luggage, but now they deny it happens. If they think we are going to believe it, they must think we are as  stupid as they are.

Most people here are indeed as stupid as they are, and are readily taken in by the most ridiculous excuses and cover-ups.

I wish I had a $1 for every time I have had something stolen via BKK International airports ... I always know when its going to happen, and its usually when there is a lot waiting time between flights, like 3 hours ++ where I guess the bags get shunted off to a quieter area before the flight .... now if there is going to be such a long wait, I check the baggage out and go and sit in a Coffee shop at the other side of immigration ...

I just returned for Europe last night, I had a small clip on my bag handle similar to what is used in Mountain climbing ... but an el cheapo version ... and sure enough, somebody took it ... I've complained to Thai Airlines about 5 times over the past 2 years and they just send me the same old automatic letter of acknowledgement ... 5 copies the same !

Airport baggage theft is common place around the world. Years back they busted a baggage theft gang at LAX. It doesn't take a Samsonite executive to remind you to keep you valuables on your person and lock your suitcase. Of course this type of thing couldn't happen in the land of smiles with all the cameras and jai dee in the country; ...no, no, never. 

Commander of the Immigration Bureau Pol.Lt.Gen. Natthon Phrosunthon said the bureau and the airport had already taken care of the passengers whose bags had been opened. 

What exactly does this mean? Were they reprimanded for tarnishing the sterling reputation the country owns? 

Whatever you do, never, ever take responsibility for your own actions, or that of the people who work for you. Dishonesty at a huge airport like Swampy, is just not possible. Why should we accept blame? Why should we look within for the source of the problem? Why should we accept fault? We are perfect men, who have attained the status of perfection. Nothing ever goes wrong here. Ever.

Those damn foreigners are always screwing things up for us. Why can't they just be like the Thai people and accept things the way they are? Why do they always have to go public with their issues, complaints, and grievances? It is so embarrassing. Well, we have a solution that Little P. and most of our parents taught us. Just deflect. Never accept blame. It often works. 

6 hours ago, Thechook said:

So why was the baggage handler moved after ctv footage showed him opening bags and removing items. This sounds like a cover up,  Thais would never steal.

I presume Swampy is the only airport in the world then where nothing can happen nor happens with luggage.

6 hours ago, Thechook said:

So why was the baggage handler moved after ctv footage showed him opening bags and removing items. This sounds like a cover up,  Thais would never steal.

Bags should be opened in front of the passenger.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol.Lt.Gen. Natthon explained that ... the airport worked with all relevant units to manage the passengers systematically and efficiently, said the commander. He added that the airport was flooded with passengers only in the morning.

Is immigration itself aware of the airport's efficient passenger management? Because it seems, as with Thailand's past flood mitigation preparations, there is all too often a dearth of efficient drainage.

And his claims that Suvarnabhumi's security is of high calibre, such that passengers' belongings are totally secure, is highly questionable. No airport's protection of passengers' luggage is 100% inviolable by staff, and Thailand certainly wouldn't figure in the top most secure ones.

2 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

They would naturally deny everything initially, its bad for business.    Remember the days, decades ago, when the British airports Authority were vigorously denying similar thefts at Heathrow,   which got the nickname of " Theifrow"

And there again, it wouldn't occur to Heathrow executives, who have failed to properly do their job, to mouth off about reputation damage and to threaten to sue for defamation.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He added that the airport was flooded with passengers only in the morning.

So all those many thousands of passengers using the airport for midnight flights to Europe and Japan are only imaginary. Why do these people make such utterly stupid comments? Why?

Archived