'Happy' solution found to collecting Shinawatra taxes

webfact

'Happy' solution found to collecting Shinawatra taxes

da5c7653d4b44f0a7598d0b0e7d8f981.jpeg

File photo: Thaksin

BANGKOK: -- An urgent meeting on the failure to collect tax from the family of former premier Thaksin Shinawatra has come up with a solution that should make the government happy, Pol General Chaiya Siri-amphankul, secretary general of Anti-Money Laundering Office, said on Monday.

The meeting was held and chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam on Monday.

Chaiya told reporters after the meeting, "I cannot reveal the details of the meeting but what I can say is that the government will be happy with the solution."

Wissanu said separately that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha will reveal the information on the case.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30308897

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-13

Skulduggery under the guise of Article 44 probably. Given the last report on this was that the statute of limitations was past, making collection impossible.

To find a "Happy" solution, they have obviously found a way around the law, which these people will do whenever it suits them.

And the sheep can't complain about it, or criticise or they get thrown in jail. Marvelous set up, IF you are at the top.

Can't get money out of an empty suit case (144 in total if I remember correctly)!

Probably planning on getting bigger brown envelopes off the RedBull empire, in lieu, as they are still hiding the cop killer and the statute of limitations has not been reached yet!

42 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Skulduggery under the guise of Article 44 probably. Given the last report on this was that the statute of limitations was past, making collection impossible.

To find a "Happy" solution, they have obviously found a way around the law, which these people will do whenever it suits them.

And the sheep can't complain about it, or criticise or they get thrown in jail. Marvelous set up, IF you are at the top.

... limitations was past, making collection impossible.

Check the facts, that's not exactly / totally what was said, another opportunistic poster?

1 hour ago, MorristheRunt said:

They won't take one Baht off him, he knows ALL the dirty secrets and will reveal all, if and when necessary.

But there's always the chance another person will reveal ALL the dirty secrets and the paymasters clever poker hand is totally washed away in an instant. 

Also remember that if the paymasters gang of thieves worm their way into power again (and I believe they would if they had half a chance) and they haven't learned their lesson to have morals and totally respect the law and the processes of the law and they try to intimidate / frighten people, then maybe another coup. 

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

But there's always the chance another person will reveal ALL the dirty secrets and the paymasters clever poker hand is totally washed away in an instant. 

Also remember that if the paymasters gang of thieves worm their way into power again (and I believe they would if they had half a chance) and they haven't learned their lesson to have morals and totally respect the law and the processes of the law and they try to intimidate / frighten people, then maybe another coup. 

I guarantee he will return from exile to run this country again within the next 3 years.

His "man" is already in place to help him.  I wish I could expand on that, but you know the rules here

10 minutes ago, scorecard said:

One band of thieves being replaced by yet another. One thing is certain Thaksin has shown more respect to laws than the current lot...

18 minutes ago, scorecard said:

... limitations was past, making collection impossible.

Check the facts, that's not exactly / totally what was said, another opportunistic poster?

http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/pm-asked-to-sack-the-revenue-department-chief-if-he-allows-shinawatra-family-off-the-hook-over-capital-gains-tax-payment/169264/

"Apisak has been caught in a crossfire after the Auditor-General asked him to exercise his authority to restart tax procedures while the Tax Commission stated he could not extend the expired tax collection deadline. "

"He said he did not have the authority to extend the deadline for the tax collection period due to taxpayer rights. "If the deadline will be extended then there is no longer a statute of limitations," he said, adding that would breach legal principles. He referred to the ruling of the Finance Ministry's Tax Commission. "

Theres the facts. It seems it is in fact what I said.

1 hour ago, sjaak327 said:

One band of thieves being replaced by yet another. One thing is certain Thaksin has shown more respect to laws than the current lot...

Yeah like some 2,500 Thai men women and children shot down on site... 

And how ironic, all connected to the boy now possibly in the hot seat.

11 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And you somehow believe it was he who pulled the trigger, or that some of the people currently running things were not involved ?

At the very least, Thaksin did not stage a coup, nor did he abolish the constitution and replaced it with some that gave him god like powers and an amnesty for past and future crimes... don't talk about the law, none of the sides obey it. One currently owns it..

1 hour ago, AGareth2 said:

Art 44

simple

Agree, Article 44 can be used to circumvent any "laws".

I just don't get why they use all this legal mumbo jumbo. Just arrest them all, find them guilty, seize all their property and assets.

What's the point of giving yourself absolute power, and full amnesty, if you're not going to use it to wipe your political opponents out completely?

11 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

And you somehow believe it was he who pulled the trigger, or that some of the people currently running things were not involved ?

At the very least, Thaksin did not stage a coup, nor did he abolish the constitution and replaced it with some that gave him god like powers and an amnesty for past and future crimes... don't talk about the law, none of the sides obey it. One currently owns it..

Nobody said he pulled the trigger, but it was certainly on his orders, I was working in Thailand at that time and I recall his 'progress speeches' and glee, on TV almost every night.

You talk of amnesty, short memory have you?

No he didn't abolish the constitution but he did illegally try to continue to work as the PM after he had resigned, showing his morals, his total lack of respect for all Thais and showing that he thought he was above the law / could dictate the law as it suited his immoral nasty purposes.

Of course 

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Nobody said he pulled the trigger, but it was certainly on his orders, I was working in Thailand at that time and I

recall his 'progress speeches' and glee, on TV almost every night.

You talk of amnesty, short memory have you?

No he didn't abolish the constitution but he did illegally try to continue to work as the PM after he had resigned,

showing his morals, his total lack of respect for all Thais and showing that he thought he was above the law / could

dictate the law as it suited his purposes.

Of course 

At no point in time did he enjoy an amnesty. No short memory, just stating facts. He might have tried pushing through an amnesty using the 300 seats majority his government held, at no point in time did it pass, unlike the amnesty the NCPO awarded themsleves, this time with no mandate whatsoever..

But we understand, it is not about amnesty as such, but wo benefits from it.

You know that amnesty could have done more for reconciliation then anything the current lot has come up with. But then again, reconciliation wasn't a goal for Thaksin anymore then it is one for the current lot !

As to dictate the law or being above it, Thaksin tried and thought, the current lot did and are.

I guarantee he will return from exile to run this country again within the next 3 years.

His "man" is already in place to help him.  I wish I could expand on that, but you know the rules here

I wouldn't go so far as to guarantee it. I think it is possible, perhaps even likely. A certain four letter impedance has to go first. When the dust settles from that we will know. Let nature take its course...

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Was that ever a problem?  I doubt that you would find many "patriotic" Thais willing to condemn this statement from 2003:

"Victory in the War on Drugs is good. They may blame the crackdown for more than 2,500 deaths, but this is a small price to pay. If the prime minister failed to curb [the drug trade], over the years the number of deaths would easily surpass this toll."

You seem not to realise that the Supreme Court has acknowledged Thailand has LOST the war on drugs.

Its sentencing policy is absurd, with most of the prison population serving sentences that mean the prisons will be overcrowded for the next 30 years even if not a single new person goes in.

They need three times the current prisons, just to house those that they have. It is unsustainable.

Hence new drug laws passing through currently. (expected as law around Songkran), that will acknowledge the failure and drop sentencing by about 80% on drugs.

Thaksin didn't do a thing for Thailand that didn't make his own wallet thicker, then came his sister and saw to that all his friends got paid!

Look at the rice scheme that was supposed to help the farmers but in the end all that money ended up in the pockets of rice mils, land owners, fertilizer and seed companies and no real benefit for those doing all the hard work.

The Shinawatras are like magicians deceiving with smoke and mirrors.

I think most of the negative replies did not read one small point. The prime minister will reveal the details, as happens in most democratic countries. Save your non believing posts until the correct channels approve and then release the information. As happens in any western democracy.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Agree, Article 44 can be used to circumvent any "laws".

I just don't get why they use all this legal mumbo jumbo. Just arrest them all, find them guilty, seize all their property and assets.

What's the point of giving yourself absolute power, and full amnesty, if you're not going to use it to wipe your political opponents out completely?

Civil war

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I read it was not past but would pas 31 march. 

Archived