Farang Price

strikingsunset

On 3/15/2017 at 9:19 AM, Psimbo said:

Do you drink at 7/11 as well? I must admit you would have been ripped off though- I only pay B120 for a set of 4 passport size pictures.

Now, what to do with that 20 baht................................................

Well hope you think the same if thaiair charge you next time 500% more or mcd or bk or kfc etc

On 3/14/2017 at 3:52 PM, Kwasaki said:

140 baht every 10 years whow that's a big expense. :biggrin:

it is because of lack of critical thinking such as yours there is a dual price .... do what is right and expect people that you  trade with to also do right . anything less tells me how selfish a person is ......

On 3/15/2017 at 5:10 PM, bazza73 said:

Why do people get so wound up about farang pricing? For minor goods and services, is it worth the angst? For larger sums, we do have the choice of walking away.

My Thai GF sometimes tells me to stay in the car when she shops - if they see me with her, the price goes up. She's an attack dog when it comes to bargaining with shopkeepers.

because if you accept Farang price on small items, then the problem is passed on to larger items and the problem escalates, as my grandmother told me many years ago look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves

So each year we are required to bring 2 photos with us ... so the 6 photos will last us 3 years ... that means it will cost us 46.67 baht ($1.34) a year or 11 cents a month for immigration photos ... if we cannot afford 11 cents a month then we are in really big trouble ... next time we go to the bar drink one less beer and now we can afford photos for at least 1 more year

Edited by carken

2 hours ago, mikiea said:

it is because of lack of critical thinking such as yours there is a dual price .... do what is right and expect people that you  trade with to also do right . anything less tells me how selfish a person is ......

Using this one a lot lately but if the cap fits, amen.

6234834_orig.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

It is not the price as the OP stated, it is the principle!

Agree exactly a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning. :thumbsup:

As l posted before the shop l go 4 pics 60 baht, shop around or ask someone it's not rocket science. :whistling:

The correct prices is 60 to 80 Baht. I don't know if it was dual pricing but I just would have smiled and found another shop.

To the OP who thinks paying 140 baht for a beer is standard- if that is the case in Phuket- you are getting ripped off.  I have never paid more than 100 Baht for a liter of draft beer in Bangkok and I know places upcountry where I can get a large bottle in a bar for 80 Baht.

Phuket is one of the worst places in Thailand for prices-  starting with Tuk Tuks; Taxi's; hotels and drinks.  We can now add photos to the list. As far as I am concerned the Chinese and Russians can have the place to themselves. 

Its only the sexpats who pay 140 baht or more in girlie bars, they are also stupid enough to buy bar girl drinks which are just cordial as well

Normal bar price for a small beer in a bar (Not bangla rd) is 60 to 80 baht

Plenty of small bars/restaurants where you can buy a large bottle for 80 baht or less

It you want to go out to girlie bars and stop out late and cannot afford to pay 200 baht for a tuk tuk ride anywhere in patong to get home you should stop home and have a drink at the table in front of the local 7/11

Its only the sexpats who pay 140 baht or more in girlie bars, they are also stupid enough to buy bar girl drinks which are just cordial as well
Normal bar price for a small beer in a bar (Not bangla rd) is 60 to 80 baht
Plenty of small bars/restaurants where you can buy a large bottle for 80 baht or less
It you want to go out to girlie bars and stop out late and cannot afford to pay 200 baht for a tuk tuk ride anywhere in patong to get home you should stop home and have a drink at the table in front of the local 7/11

I don't care if it's pure water the girl chooses for her lady drink
Im not there to get her drunk. It's what she puts her hands on that matters [emoji16]

In the West a 5 min lap dance cost 50 bucks and if you dare touch her you are will find yourself ejected
. Head first!

So dude how is playing 5 bucks stupid?

8 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

"There is a two price system in most foreign countries." - I am aware many countries have concession cards for students and pensioners, but I'm not aware of countries that charge more for a different race of people, at the retail point of sale. 

I was in the military and been to over 40 countries and lived in 4 of them and saw a covert two price system in all of the ones I lived in and many in other countries.

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:27 PM, madmax2 said:

I remember watching a report on Australian 60 minutes that Chinese tourists were being charged by tour operators to visit public beaches in Australia

Have not had anyone try to charge me for visiting Nai Harn beach here yet

Crap show the link, nobody is charged in Australia anything to visit public beaches

On ‎14‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 8:34 AM, strikingsunset said:

I've been thinking about it - it's for a Chinese visa here- I'm going to show up at the Chinese consulate here and see if they will accept pics from my iPhone - if not see where they send me for pics. It's not I can't afford it I just hate being another
" fleeced farang"

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Maybe you should take into consideration the additional cost and time needed to look for a cheaper option which not necessary will be cheaper - rather the opposite...;)

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:10 PM, bazza73 said:

Why do people get so wound up about farang pricing? For minor goods and services, is it worth the angst? For larger sums, we do have the choice of walking away.

My Thai GF sometimes tells me to stay in the car when she shops - if they see me with her, the price goes up. She's an attack dog when it comes to bargaining with shopkeepers.

My Thai GF sometimes tells me to stay in the car when she shops - if they see me with her, the price goes up. She's an attack dog when it comes to bargaining with shopkeepers

There it is.

The shopkeeper or whoever raises always the price when they see you with your GF entering the shop.

Has nothing to do with you being a farang but has everything to do with the Thai art of bargaining, always want to come down in price, this being explained to me by multiple shopkeepers or contractors.

Try next time to buy something alone and don't bargain, you will be surprised.

If in your opinion the price is too high walk away without complaining.

I don't bargain and have forbidden my wife to do this if she happens to be with me.

I got and get mostly a lower price than my Thai wife, one time even got Baht 2000- back because, as he said, he thought my Thai wife would pay and would bargain and he didn't realise it was me who would agree with the price.

Happy shopping. :shock1:

11 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:27 PM, madmax2 said:

I remember watching a report on Australian 60 minutes that Chinese tourists were being charged by tour operators to visit public beaches in Australia

Have not had anyone try to charge me for visiting Nai Harn beach here yet

Crap show the link, nobody is charged in Australia anything to visit public beaches

Beaches are free, but parking fees horrendous in some places.

Check out Bondi.

On 3/14/2017 at 2:34 PM, strikingsunset said:

I've been thinking about it - it's for a Chinese visa here- I'm going to show up at the Chinese consulate here and see if they will accept pics from my iPhone - if not see where they send me for pics. It's not I can't afford it I just hate being another
" fleeced farang"

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I used to get a marriage visa from the consulate in Melbourne. Used to be a simple matter when an Aussie was in charge but then he retired and a Thai took over. And then it became a hassle, with extra document demands and then a photo scam. My photo was refused as unsuitable and I was directed to a Thai-owned pharmacy nearby. Earlier applicants were there waiting for their photos, and more came in after me.

23 hours ago, mikiea said:

wow ..... you hansum and rich ............

:) definitely not ... I think it is just the price for everybody. At the little shop beside the Immigration Office in Promenada it was 200 B for just 6 pictures. So, I saved roi Baht ....Cheap Charlie :) :) :)

16 hours ago, payttayasquirt said:

I don't care if it's pure water the girl chooses for her lady drink
Im not there to get her drunk. It's what she puts her hands on that matters emoji16.png

In the West a 5 min lap dance cost 50 bucks and if you dare touch her you are will find yourself ejected
. Head first!

So dude how is playing 5 bucks stupid?

Just talking about the price of drinks in Bangla rd mate, and why they are a lot more expensive than anywhere else in Phuket

I have nothing against sexpats like you who admit they are sexpats, just the sexpats who try to make people beleive they are not one

Places like Bangla rd which is a major tourist attraction here would be a lot smaller or cease to exist without people like you who pay for a bar girls company

I have never met anyone who admits to paying for a lap dance like you do:smile:

1 hour ago, madmax2 said:

Just talking about the price of drinks in Bangla rd mate, and why they are a lot more expensive than anywhere else in Phuket

I have nothing against sexpats like you who admit they are sexpats, just the sexpats who try to make people beleive they are not one

Places like Bangla rd which is a major tourist attraction here would be a lot smaller or cease to exist without people like you who pay for a bar girls company

I have never met anyone who admits to paying for a lap dance like you do:smile:

"Places like Bangla rd which is a major tourist attraction here would be a lot smaller or cease to exist without people like you who pay for a bar girls company" - could you imagine what would become of the local economy if Bangla Road, which is Phuket's biggest tourists attraction, ceased to exist, or diminished to such a degree it did not attract anyone in numbers?

Take the bar girls and/or nightlife out of the tourism industry on Phuket, and the local economy would collapse.  

Phuket could not survive on its breaches alone.  Phuket's nightlife is a major source of revenue for many businesses here, and a major source of employment, legitimate or otherwise, for many Thai's. 

Edited by NamKangMan