Hunt begins as district official shot dead in her car in suspected love interest slaying

webfact

Hunt begins as district official shot dead in her car in suspected love interest slaying

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Police in Pathum Thani went to the scene of a shooting on Tuesday on the Wang Noi - Thanyaburi Road in Khlong Luang district.

At the scene they found a woman dead at the wheel of her Honda Accord, Daily News reported.

She was 36 year old Wirayapha Ngamwilai a policy and planning officer of the nearby Beung Cham Or municipality.

She had been shot twice in the back and once in the right chest and was dead at the scene. She was found by a passing motorist who stopped after seeing the car parked suspiciously by the side of the road.

Thaworn Khaosa-art of the of the Pathum Thani police said that she was likely shot by someone known to her who was travelling with her in the car.

He said that the victim had left work at 4.30pm and was travelling home. She lives six kilometers from her office at the municipality.

Thaworn said that police are working on the theory that she was killed by a love interest - he said that she was an attractive woman with many men interested in her.

She was well liked at work so that is unlikely to be the reason for conflict. But she also ran a second hand car dealership that may be part of the reason for her death, he added.

CCTV is being studied to try to find out where her assailant went after leaving the car.

The body was sent for autopsy as the hunt began.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-15

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

police are working on the theory that she was killed by a love interest

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

But she also ran a second hand car dealership that may be part of the reason for her death,

Speculative guesses again. In reality, they do not have a clue, as yet, of any motive.

R.I.P. young lady.

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thaworn said that police are working on the theory that she was killed by a love interest - he said that she was an attractive woman with many men interested in her.

So not a theory based on evidence. 

In effect, just guessing. 

Same old same old from the BIB. 

This is totally wrong! The woman was killed by a love interest???? Can´t be right! She was killed out of somebody that just decided to not love her no more.

Ok ,they might be right, and I might be wrong. In that case the one that killed her surely must be into necrophilic activities. But, then on the other hand? Why leave the body??

What is going on here????? Thais killing Thai over a feud (dog), Thais kicking the hell out of a Thai, this article, plus all the others in the past couple weeks...Oh I get it. Not only want to be number one on the roads but on foot too. Is this part of the strategy to update Thailand? My condolences to the woman's family.

Edited by TKDfella

8 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

iWhat is going on here????? Thais killing Thai over a feud (dog), Thais kicking the hell out of a Thai, this article, plus all the others in the past couple weeks...Oh I get it. Not only want to be number one on the roads but on foot too. Is this part of the strategy to update Thailand? My condolences to the woman's family.

Thainess,  it's in their genes.  Uncontrollable  emotional behaviour due to perhaps inbreeding and above average incestuous relationships.

Edited by whatawonderfulday

3 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Thainess,  it's in their genes.  Uncontrollable  emotional behaviour due to perhaps inbreeding and above average incestuous relationships.

Can you tell that to 'essay....' on the other violence thread ('kicking')

13 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

What is going on here????? Thais killing Thai over a feud (dog), Thais kicking the hell out of a Thai, this article, plus all the others in the past couple weeks...Oh I get it. Not only want to be number one on the roads but on foot too. Is this part of the strategy to update Thailand? My condolences to the woman's family.

Thailand has had a very high murder rate for decades. However it tends to be masked or not well-known by the fact that there are not widespread attacks on foreign tourists, by the fact that most murders are in-house (Thai on Thai to settle a dispute), by the fact there aren't really no-go areas and the amazing marketing job done over decades by the TAT.

The availability of guns and hitmen, other avenues to gain recompense blocked, the option to buy oneself off a murder charge and an irrational response to a slight seem to be the drivers making the risk vs reward equation when deciding to commit a murder rather attractive.

Picture is completely disrespectful and unnecessary. We have imaginations and can read the descriptions. 

As for the police theories, no need to be speculating with the public. Do it inhouse and tell us when you have a theory that holds water. Heaven knows when someone 'important' is in the limelight for whatever reason, the public are told not to negatively speculate of face defamation charges. Follow your own advice. 

5 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Thailand has had a very high murder rate for decades. However it tends to be masked or not well-known by the fact that there are not widespread attacks on foreign tourists, by the fact that most murders are in-house (Thai on Thai to settle a dispute), by the fact there aren't really no-go areas and the amazing marketing job done over decades by the TAT.

The availability of guns and hitmen, other avenues to gain recompense blocked, the option to buy oneself off a murder charge and an irrational response to a slight seem to be the drivers making the risk vs reward equation when deciding to commit a murder rather attractive.

Yes I know what you are saying it just seems to me, sometimes, that they are finding new reasons to do it. The other reason we here more is because of more powerful communication, internet etc. which wasn't around not so long ago.

She just got married the day before she was killed. Here is video of the victim and cctv of the 2 men involved in her murder. If I have translated the news correctly it says she was married previously and the police can't find her ex husband to interview him. I maybe wrong.

Just now, TKDfella said:

Yes I know what you are saying it just seems to me, sometimes, that they are finding new reasons to do it. The other reason we here more is because of more powerful communication, internet etc. which wasn't around not so long ago.

Indeed wider reporting of "mundane" domestic events in Thailand in the English language press is possible or greater invention by journalists to produce that click-inducing sensationalist headline could also be a reason. The Thai Thai-language press are even worse making out crimes to be ridiculous ignoring the underlying reasons. e.g. Man kills wife because he was hungry is one that caught the Thai imagination.

Sad end to a beautiful young woman's life. But my comment is about Thais that work in the government sector. Eg. Army, police and officials of other government minstries and local tessabaans. I know quite a few and they ALL seem to have other business interests on the side and seem to be able to take time off "work" 555! whenever thay feel like it. Their REAL job seems to take a distant second place in their work priorities. Was surprised when the next door neighbour mentioned he was still employed in a sector of the police force when I thought he had been retired for a year or more. On the other hand, I have nothing but complete respect for those Thais that earn their living as farmers or builders. Very tough gig especially in this hot weather and they do it day in and day out. Sorry if I went off topic.

Remember, Thai police are never wrong. With Koh Tao they said it couldn't possible be a Thai that did this, and so began B2.

All of their theories are utter twaddle of course, and when someone has been shot, they should really keep closed lips until they have properly investigated.

These boys do like their moment in front of a camera though.

I have always said if they spent half as much time doing police work as they do preening before a press conference, crime resolution rates would soar.

My wife watched one of the YouTube reports on this, and while I don't trust her Thai-English translation to any great extent, she's indicating there was some element of the woman posting on Facebook about supposedly not being paid back by someone whom she had loaned money to???

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My wife watched one of the YouTube reports on this, and while I don't trust her Thai-English translation to any great extent, she's indicating there was some element of the woman posting on Facebook about supposedly not being paid back by someone whom she had loaned money to???

Crimes of passion hmm if not money then. The root of all evil. 

We just never know for whom the bell tolls but one day it will toll for each one of us.  Hopefully, though, not like it did for this poor woman.  It does seem that to survive in Thailand, it is best to avoid love affairs and any business deals and to live as quietly as possible.  What a sad and needless end to her life!

This poor young lady was gun down for getting married, she was married on a Monday murdered on the Tuesday. Could have been her ex? She had been divorced for 2yrs....did not deserve this to be killed by 2 weak men.

A lot of police interest as she was a civil servent. RIP young lady.