best comedy show of all times

opalred

5 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Times, tastes and we change. Lots of good choices so far. To "Golden Age" I'd add Phil Silvers show (Sgt Bilko), Dobie Gillis & Love that Bob...  peruse this site if you like oldies.... oh yeah... Burns & Allen Show was a hoot, http://www.reruncentury.com/ia/

Guessing I Love Lucy would fit in there too....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, badlad said:

how about the two Ronnies                                                                                                       the Goon show and Hancocks half hour     

Lol, I regularly listen to Hancock on the BBC radio app, and the Goon Show..... still unequaled in my opinion, pure genius of insanity. There's an online 24 hour Goonshow station if you're interested.

Not to be overlooked.....Comedic genius....Like Skelton, Gleason, Keaton, Chaplin could have you laughing & crying at the same time in the same sketch without a word spoken......

Edited by pgrahmm

For me it's British comedy all the way . 

- Black Adder

- Fawlty Towers

- Monthy Python's Flying Circus

- Mr. Bean 

- Allo Allo 

- Little Britain 

- Keeping Up Appearances

- Yes Minister

- Alas Smith and Jones

- Absolutely Fabolous

Life would be boring without them .

Old Cartoons, WB, Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, Daffy Duck, Peppy LePew, Foghorn Leghorn. All Mel Blanc voice cartoons. Popeye cartoons. McHale's Navy, M*A*S*H*, Hogan's Heroes, Gilligan's Island..

I think an indication of a great comedy show is when it crosses over into popular culture and language etc. There are lines and jokes from Monty python, Seinfeld etc that are now part of everyday speech. Talk about a gay person, "not that there's anything wrong with that", comes from seinfeld. "Dont mention the war", comes from fawlty towers. "We are all individuals, I'm not" from Monty Python.

I think an indication of a great comedy show is when it crosses over into popular culture and language etc. There are lines and jokes from Monty python, Seinfeld etc that are now part of everyday speech. Talk about a gay person, "not that there's anything wrong with that", comes from seinfeld. "Dont mention the war", comes from fawlty towers. "We are all individuals, I'm not" from Monty Python.

I always smile when someone says " I am the only farang in the village "

For some reason Little Britain always springs to mind [emoji23]