Sell on Alibaba, do you really need a registered company ? This is what Alibaba is asking to a Thai when trying to sell

BsBs

9 minutes ago, mike324 said:

don't bother try selling on alibaba, its not good for selling...most buyers aren't willing to pay shipping fees

I strongly disagree with that. All buyers are obviously willing to pay for shipping fees, otherwise how would we/they get their product/s? Even in Thailand dipping fees are charged. We do very good business through alibaba and Ali express and never had one customer question shippjng fees.

AliBaba as far as I know, checks on sellers -- that they are a normal/registered Company.

The fact you were asked, is nothing suprising.

They are just trying to protect themselves from a "fly by night" business, that will close up and not ship orders.  As AliBaba will be liable to customers for refunding the $$ if clients aren't satisfied.

Also depending on what type of business, they have the right to check your factory/location that it is up to (their) standard, etc..

I'm not sure I would listen to others about not setting up on Ali.  If you have a good idea/product that is not already on there -- you might be succesful.

Chok dee.

On 3/17/2017 at 10:05 AM, Falcon said:

I strongly disagree with that. All buyers are obviously willing to pay for shipping fees, otherwise how would we/they get their product/s? Even in Thailand dipping fees are charged. We do very good business through alibaba and Ali express and never had one customer question shippjng fees.

May I ask if you do business through aliexpress because you are based in china or you are just a drop shipper?

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2017 at 9:54 AM, mike324 said:

don't bother try selling on alibaba, its not good for selling...most buyers aren't willing to pay shipping fees

Anyway who is stupid enough in 2017 to ask anyone to pay shipping cost when the only smart way to do business is to say that delivery is free but include it in the rice of products ?

On 3/17/2017 at 11:03 AM, matador007 said:

AliBaba as far as I know, checks on sellers -- that they are a normal/registered Company.

The fact you were asked, is nothing suprising.

They are just trying to protect themselves from a "fly by night" business, that will close up and not ship orders.  As AliBaba will be liable to customers for refunding the $$ if clients aren't satisfied.

Also depending on what type of business, they have the right to check your factory/location that it is up to (their) standard, etc..

I'm not sure I would listen to others about not setting up on Ali.  If you have a good idea/product that is not already on there -- you might be succesful.

Chok dee.

Alibaba is full of Chinese cheaters but they start checking Thai sellers first ? How logic is it ?

4 minutes ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Anyway who is stupid enough in 2017 to ask anyone to pay shipping cost when the only smart way to do business is to say that delivery is free but include it in the rice of products ?

I wouldn't say its stupid to ask people to pay for shipping cost, if you sell all over the world, shipping cost varies greatly. So your statement is not valid because we are talking about alibaba.

On 3/16/2017 at 11:05 PM, Falcon said:

Hi Falco, may I ask what you are selling on Alibaba?

6 hours ago, mike324 said:

I wouldn't say its stupid to ask people to pay for shipping cost, if you sell all over the world, shipping cost varies greatly. So your statement is not valid because we are talking about alibaba.

I sell to more than 30 countries and delivery is of course "free" or I would call myself stupid and know nothing about marketing.

14 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

I sell to more than 30 countries and delivery is of course "free" or I would call myself stupid and know nothing about marketing.

well its different cases for everyone...you are calling people stupid for no good reason thats all I am saying, why so defensive? chill buddy

OP, keep in mind that Alibaba.com is a business to business (wholesale) portal and not designed for selling direct.  I've made purchases (retail and wholesale) from contacts I've found through Alibaba, but never directly through that portal.

AliExpress is their portal to sell direct outside of China and TaoBao is their portal to sell within China.  They also now own Lazada, which as a portal to sell in Thailand (and other SEA countries)

Prices quoted on Alibaba.com are often meaningless.  Actual pricing comes in follow up contacts and negotiations.  AliExpress and Lazada quote firm pricing, but slightly differently.

Products on AliExpress are quoted FOB, with freight quoted separately to different countries.  As an option, the vendor can include freight to the destination country in the price.  Import duties and VAT (if any) are the responsibility of the buyer.  I'm not sure whether AliExpress requires a registered company to sell through that portal.

Lazada's pricing is quoted all in, with freight and any import duties and VAT included in the listed price.  Lazada requires a registered company to sell.

Archived