White House says Trump stands by claim Obama wiretapped him

webfact

Just now, stevenl said:

I know that, but the administration disagrees, see Spicer's statements. I can't think of a clearer indication he is the next fall guy.

Spicer has been caught in many lies.  This is just one of them.  Zero credibility.  It will be interesting to see where this goes over the next few months...LOL

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

Thus if US president knows that intelligence community is investigating US citizens of being Russian, or any other country's, spies, the president is obligated to yell the world about it? Is this what you are saying?

No. If the president knew US citizens were not being masked and didn't do anything about it that would be illegal. Nothing about telling the world.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No. If the president knew US citizens were not being masked and didn't do anything about it that would be illegal. Nothing about telling the world.

Interesting that you are still going after Obama rather than the one who falsely started all this.  Isn't that defamation? LOL

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

Obama knew dodgy things were going on.  Thus the wiretaps on Trump's team, Flynn's resignation, Russian spies were kicked out of the country.  Come on...why are you blaming Obama when the crimes were committed by others?  I don't get it.  Either an ardent Trump supporter or an Obama hater?

The wiretaps may have been legal, but not masking US citizens is illegal. 

BTW we have been told the wiretaps were not on Trump's team,  but on other people and they picked up info on Trump's team incidentally. That info can't be used for anything legally.

If Trump's team was being tapped, Trump would be right, wouldn't he?

If Obama knew a crime was being committed and did nothing, that would be a crime in itself. 

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The wiretaps may have been legal, but not masking US citizens is illegal. 

BTW we have been told the wiretaps were not on Trump's team,  but on other people and they picked up info on Trump's team incidentally. That info can't be used for anything legally.

If Trump's team was being tapped, Trump would be right, wouldn't he?

If Obama knew a crime was being committed and did nothing, that would be a crime in itself. 

I don't understand the "not masking" thing.  Sorry. 

It was always about Trump's claim that Obama authorized a wiretap on him personally.  It was never about other wiretaps on others associated with Trump.  Though with Flynn's revelations, that was widely understood.  He was tapped, after all. LOL

The taps on the others were done legally.  You can search for this.  All done legally.  Not sure why you are saying it isn't.

Not sure why you don't understand this is about  Trump saying Obama wiretapped him.  Not about anybody else.

Are you deflecting? LOL

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Interesting that you are still going after Obama rather than the one who falsely started all this.  Isn't that defamation? LOL

Last time I respond to you on this thread. I never accused Obama of actually committing a crime, so how is that defamation? It's pointless debating someone that starts with the personal abuse. 

Bye bye.

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Last time I respond to you on this thread. I never accused Obama of actually committing a crime, so how is that defamation? It's pointless debating someone that starts with the personal abuse. 

Bye bye.

From one of your posts:

Which is not part of this topic.  There are others out there that address the wiretapping of other individuals.

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

With the exception of one, all your posts on this page contain a variation of the quote above. "If Obama knew" !! There is not one shred of evidence to show that Obama knew who was been surveilled. If the FBI/CIA/NSA want someone surveiled, they go to the DoJ, they do NOT go to the President, It is nothing to do with the President and as has been stated officially by many people, the President CANNOT order surveillance on anybody. What bit is so hard to understand? Trumps claims are untrue. Just admit it and feel the benefit of facing the truth flow over you. Forget partisan politics, just look at the truth. Trumps tweets about Obama were wrong and all he needs do is offer a complete and unreserved apology.

I think Trump and Bannon do not care if Trump is impeached, they have now sown the seeds of discord that will affect US politics for years. Trump will at last make  serious money that is not related to debt on his brand and Bannon sees his vision of apocalypse come many steps closer. All because people, in their support for them refuse to accept the truth when an alternative reality is believed out of blind loyalty. It is amazing what is happening to be honest.

This helps tie some stuff together.  It seems communications between Russians and Trump's team happened.  As the panel suggests, the key item will now be whether any of Trump's team lied to the FBI.  If they did, they are toast.

Worth a read and a watch of the video.  Absolutely incredible.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/22/politics/us-officials-info-suggests-trump-associates-may-have-coordinated-with-russians/index.html

The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign, US officials told CNN.

One law enforcement official said the information in hand suggests "people connected to the campaign were in contact and it appeared they were giving the thumbs up to release information when it was ready."

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The wiretaps may have been legal, but not masking US citizens and leaking the information definitely is illegal.

The questions that I want answered is if Obama was briefed on the wiretaps  by the intelligence service and who authorised the unmasking and disemination of illegal information. I'd say there are some in the intelligence services that are becoming very concerned about their future.

Exactly. 

Roger Stone - long time Trump ally has had what he thinks is an assasination attempt on him. Methinks he knows too much...getting more like Thailand every day

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/trump-ally-roger-stone-says-us-intelligence-tried-to-assassinate-him-in-wednesday-hit-and-run-crash/

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Roger Stone - long time Trump ally has had what he thinks is an assasination attempt on him. Methinks he knows too much...getting more like Thailand every day

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/trump-ally-roger-stone-says-us-intelligence-tried-to-assassinate-him-in-wednesday-hit-and-run-crash/

Unless picked up by the MSM sites, this is not a credible story.  Especially considering the source.  Roger Stone. 

3 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Unless picked up by the MSM sites, this is not a credible story.  Especially considering the source.  Roger Stone. 

Maybe just tin foil / random hit and run - one could make an argument he knows too much of where the bodies are buried - he hs a much too fear from his own side as much as his 'enemies'...

http://www.salon.com/2017/03/16/trump-adviser-roger-stone-fears-that-a-suspicious-hit-and-run-incident-in-miami-meant-someone-was-targeting-him/

Trump interview on TIME. This is the full transcript, which is the correct way to report Trump.

http://time.com/4710456/donald-trump-time-interview-truth-falsehood/?xid=homepage

There are things like this.

And then TIME magazine, which treats me horribly, but obviously I sell, I assume this is going to be a cover too, have I set the record? I guess, right? Covers, nobody’s had more covers.

I think Richard Nixon still has you beat. But he was in office for longer, so give yourself time.

Ok good. I’m sure I’ll win.

I must agree with Trump on this one. Poor Trump simply wasn't able to connect the dots :)

20 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Nunes, like all Republican shysters, put his political party ahead of the best interests of Americans.

Nunes and his Republican buddies are only interested in finding who leaked - in order to plug the leaks and punish the messengers.

Here's an excerpt for the foxnews article referenced above.  . . . .. 

"Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), ranking member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, released a statement: "This afternoon, Chairman Devin Nunes announced he had some form of intercepts revealing that lawfully gathered intelligence on foreign officials included information on U.S. Persons, potentially including those associated with President Trump or the President himself. If accurate, this information should have been shared with members of the committee, but it has not been. ... The Chairman also shared this information with the White House before providing it to the committee, another profound irregularity, given that the matter is currently under investigation. I have expressed my grave concerns with the Chairman that a credible investigation cannot be conducted this way."

Maybe the time has come to take a leaf out of the DJT playbook. We should hereinafter refer to the Orange Clown as the crooked Donald J. Trump and follow it with a chant of 'lock him up'.

That said I love watching Sean Spicer trying to spin all this BS into some consistent narrative - which is  a task like no other. Reminds me a bit of this other comedian..

57 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Schiff is a democrat, desperate to paint Trump as a Russian mole in an attempt to save failed welfare state.  Won't work. 

I watched the recent meeting with the politicians and Comey.   Schiff is the ranking Dem on the committee.  He's not afraid to investigate and expose the many mangy threads of law-breaking that Trump and his fatally flawed people are involved in.  I was impressed with his forthrightness and courage to speak out.  Sharp contrast to Republicans on the committee who could only focus on who leaked - in order to punish those people.

Comey has to play the FBI cards close to his chest for now, but one hopes (for the sake of sanity and law-enforcement) that the FBI release what they know before too many more months of Trump's disaster play out.  

One interesting facet which Comey mentioned is:  sometimes it happens where a person provides data to a Russian agent without even knowing the real ID of the person he/she's talking to.  Trump is stupid enough to be that sort of person.  Trump's stupidity will be even more evident if/when proof comes forth of the alleged Trump/prostitutes' golden shower parties in Moscow.  But, as entertaining as that data would be, it won't be necessary to drag Trump down to the gutter where he belongs.  There is plenty other evidence which will surface.   And there is also a thick trail leading to Trump laundering Russian Oligarch money.   Stay tuned, folks.  Lots more effluent coming down the tubes.

It would be better to have an objective independent investigation, 9-11 type.  Republicans will obviously do all they can, including dirty tricks, to stifle as much truth emanating as possible.   

9 hours ago, oilinki said:

Trump interview on TIME. This is the full transcript, which is the correct way to report Trump.

http://time.com/4710456/donald-trump-time-interview-truth-falsehood/?xid=homepage

There are things like this.

I must agree with Trump on this one. Poor Trump simply wasn't able to connect the dots :)

It's really sad he still tells lies and doesn't admit it.  His ego is too big.  It's going to be the downfall for him.  Nobody trusts him.

On March 23, 2017 at 11:59 AM, boomerangutang said:

I watched the recent meeting with the politicians and Comey.   Schiff is the ranking Dem on the committee.  He's not afraid to investigate and expose the many mangy threads of law-breaking that Trump and his fatally flawed people are involved in.  I was impressed with his forthrightness and courage to speak out.  Sharp contrast to Republicans on the committee who could only focus on who leaked - in order to punish those people.

Comey has to play the FBI cards close to his chest for now, but one hopes (for the sake of sanity and law-enforcement) that the FBI release what they know before too many more months of Trump's disaster play out.  

One interesting facet which Comey mentioned is:  sometimes it happens where a person provides data to a Russian agent without even knowing the real ID of the person he/she's talking to.  Trump is stupid enough to be that sort of person.  Trump's stupidity will be even more evident if/when proof comes forth of the alleged Trump/prostitutes' golden shower parties in Moscow.  But, as entertaining as that data would be, it won't be necessary to drag Trump down to the gutter where he belongs.  There is plenty other evidence which will surface.   And there is also a thick trail leading to Trump laundering Russian Oligarch money.   Stay tuned, folks.  Lots more effluent coming down the tubes.

It would be better to have an objective independent investigation, 9-11 type.  Republicans will obviously do all they can, including dirty tricks, to stifle as much truth emanating as possible.   

Oberman quoted an American spook's text to a friend as stating "He (Trump) will die in jail". Smart people know who not to piss off.

On 23/03/2017 at 4:59 PM, boomerangutang said:

Trust me on this one - his DOWNFALL  is going to be beautiful , just beautiful - LOCK HIM UP !

DonaldTrumpDebateOneSad.jpg

Edited by beautifulthailand99

Nunes Backs Down From Assertion Trump Was Monitored

"The chairman of the House intelligence committee has backed down from his dramatic assertion that Donald Trump and his aides were "monitored," by U.S. spies — a claim the Republicans have cited this week in emails to loyalists."

"Rep. Devin Nunes told reporters Friday he can't be sure whether conversations among Trump or his aides were captured in the surveillance that has become a source of controversy since Nunes made it public in two news conferences this week."

"As for Trump's assertion that Obama wiretapped him, Nunes repeated Friday what he has said previously, telling reporters, "That didn't happen."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nunes-backs-down-assertion-trump-was-monitored-n738151

On 3/23/2017 at 6:53 PM, Andaman Al said:

With the exception of one, all your posts on this page contain a variation of the quote above. "If Obama knew" !! There is not one shred of evidence to show that Obama knew who was been surveilled. If the FBI/CIA/NSA want someone surveiled, they go to the DoJ, they do NOT go to the President, It is nothing to do with the President and as has been stated officially by many people, the President CANNOT order surveillance on anybody. What bit is so hard to understand? Trumps claims are untrue. Just admit it and feel the benefit of facing the truth flow over you. Forget partisan politics, just look at the truth. Trumps tweets about Obama were wrong and all he needs do is offer a complete and unreserved apology.

I think Trump and Bannon do not care if Trump is impeached, they have now sown the seeds of discord that will affect US politics for years. Trump will at last make  serious money that is not related to debt on his brand and Bannon sees his vision of apocalypse come many steps closer. All because people, in their support for them refuse to accept the truth when an alternative reality is believed out of blind loyalty. It is amazing what is happening to be honest.

The significant word is "IF". I'm not claiming he did.

The possibility that Obama was aware through the daily briefings was raised by O'Reilly on his show. 

So, IF Obama was aware through his daily briefings that American citizens were not being masked, and did nothing to stop it, he would be in the wrong. I was not in on his daily briefings so I can't say one way or another. I doubt a transcript will be released to the general public, so we may never know.

Nowhere did I say that Obama ordered surveillance on US citizens.

You think Obama is innocent of any wrongdoing, but I'm willing to wait and see if anything comes out, one way or another. Absence of evidence is not the same as innocent.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmmmm. This thread has degenerated into the usual anti Trump ranting by the Trump haters, therefore I shall not be contributing to it any more. My silence does not mean that I agree with anything further on it.

Hmmmmm. All we have so far is a claim by Trump, unsubstantiated, and when asked about it he sticks to it. After that everybody in the know declares he is wrong, and after that even his Republican 'friends' declare he is wrong, but he still sticks to it. Seems quite obvious why this thread is not going in his favour.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmmmm. This thread has degenerated into the usual anti Trump ranting by the Trump haters, therefore I shall not be contributing to it any more. My silence does not mean that I agree with anything further on it.

It's hard not to be anti-Trump.  He created this particular mess by believing what a radio shock jock said.  Zero evidence.  Look at the turmoil it created and the resources wasted.  I find it hard to believe anybody would support this.  Hopefully, you don't.

I'm shocked to see this from Nunes.  Basically admitting he lied and broke protocols.  From the linked article above:

"Rep. Devin Nunes told reporters Friday he can't be sure whether conversations among Trump or his aides were captured in the surveillance that has become a source of controversy since Nunes made it public in two news conferences this week."

Now this guy has zero credibility.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The significant word is "IF". I'm not claiming he did.

The possibility that Obama was aware through the daily briefings was raised by O'Reilly on his show. 

So, IF Obama was aware through his daily briefings that American citizens were not being masked, and did nothing to stop it, he would be in the wrong. I was not in on his daily briefings so I can't say one way or another. I doubt a transcript will be released to the general public, so we may never know.

Nowhere did I say that Obama ordered surveillance on US citizens.

You think Obama is innocent of any wrongdoing, but I'm willing to wait and see if anything comes out, one way or another. Absence of evidence is not the same as innocent.

So you claim to 'Wait until the investigation is over', yet on here as supporting evidence you quote as possible evidence something Bill O'Reilly said on Fox news? OMG! Isn't this how Trump got in to this mess in the first place by 'quoting someone on Fox news'.