Sure is quiet in here

55Jay

Used to go away from home for a few hours, return, and find all sorts of new posts and threads in different sub-forums. 

Maybe it's just my imagination but sure does seem quiet in here.  Quite a few said they were going to abandon ship after the tie up between TV and The Nation. 

Anybody here?  Hello, Hello!

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

Maybe it's just my imagination but sure does seem quiet in here.  Quite a few said they were going to abandon ship after the tie up between TV and The Nation. 

It is defiantly quieter here ---I just put it down to the lunatic move they made with the block out screen & the ?? second wait, people who Goggled just went around it.....people who didn't just left.

But what do you see as the draw back to being attached to the Nation newspaper...? Why would that upset people ?....................:coffee1:

Think it went quiet before the Nation came along. Personally i believe it was after the last upgrade to TV, which in my experience made things worse. I used to read and post via my smartphone everyday but haven't used that in many months because of problems with TV app and its still not fixed. :saai:

5 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Maybe because it is the middle of the night in Thailand?

Right, I did get home unusually late, looked in and didn't see a whole lot of activity since I left the house 7 hours before. 

IMO, used to be a discernible rhythm here, with Thailand/near region folks posting during the day, then other time zones would come on line progressively for the night shift.  Thailand residents could wake up next morning, get a coffee and sift through the overnight traffic, and new, front page content. 

Even the front page content seems stale.  Before the upgrade (thereabouts), seemed like new articles/threads were added quite often and that would bump the existing ones down the page and eventually out of view.  Now, appears like days old content with many pages of forum comments and tangents, is being recycled on to the front page.

Not the end of the world, just an observation. 

Yes its a lot slower as before.. too many adds and the failure to keep the mobile app working. They have reached a tipping point of their own making greed seemed to have killed the site. I understand the need for ads but you can overdo it. 

Well, you have the members who announce ultimatums and say they are leaving, but they don't. This time feels different.  It's eerie.   The usual, like-minded members are still over in the World News sub-forum.  It's probably nirvana for them to talk among themselves, all nodding heads in agreement.  :laugh:  

The forum has been  a good source of info for a long time and still is for those who want to know about visas or driving licence requirements etc. But when some one has lived in Thailand for a few years I think they visit the forum to look at the news or when they have nothing else to do.

Unfortunately if you want a balanced view of the news I think there are better sources. But the main problem is for those of use in rural areas the quantity of advertising is slowing down the forum so much its simply no longer enjoyable. 

For those who need info especially if they are in there home country they will continue to use the forum, but for me sitting In the back of beyond I will visit maybe twice a week instead of twice a day.

I agree it's getting very boring here on TV.

Today i even can't give likes for some reason, yesterday the forum was very slow....and the ad's are terrible of course.

Wonder where they all went, i go searching right now. Guess the <URL Automatically Removed> is open.

9 hours ago, berybert said:

I don't send as much time here as I used to. Fed up with the new screen every time I change forums.

Also the ads are out of control, at least the video ads didn't last long, that would have got rid of me for sure.

I have Adblock and get very few ads, in fact only one at the very top for online radio.

The forum arguably took a hit on active membership after the rather painful site upgrade. Maybe the most noisome and argumentative members that lacked having anything worthwhile to say also gave up at that juncture? The mods may be doing a more consistent job on culling the herd but I recently got a warning for using a word that despite still being used pretty much every day on various threads by various posters , is apparently now prohibited.

Anyone who cannot work out a way to cull the adverts beyond the forbidden browser add-on isn't really trying hard enough. I have been running browser add-ons since before the TV adverts went OTT and they are still making the TV screen as easy to navigate as ever.

I haven't bothered with the android app since the forum update but IMHO the old android app wasn't anything to write home about so wasn't expecting it to be a stunning success when the forum was rebuilt.

The little pop up deal "punishing" me 30 seconds for not viewing the ads was enough for me. Sure I could spend time for a work around but why bother. I was on the fence for other reasons before that happened but that sort of iced it for me. I will drop by from time to time but I simply have better things to do. 

Cheers 

1 minute ago, JAFO said:

The little pop up deal "punishing" me 30 seconds for not viewing the ads was enough for me. Sure I could spend time for a work around but why bother. I was on the fence for other reasons before that happened but that sort of iced it for me. I will drop by from time to time but I simply have better things to do. 

Cheers 

I guess soon another new forum will popup or one gets very popular.

It seems this one is almost dead now. 

I haven't noticed a lot of difference with the forum as far as ads or "The Nation" goes, even with the changes.

It might take a bit longer to open a page but for me it hasn't been too obvious.

And I find the overall slowing down pleasant. Mind you I am a slow reader, and take even longer to post a reply. 

21 minutes ago, simon43 said:

As I view this forum, there is only 1 other member online...

When I looked in the Pattaya forum, there was just me!

I think the recent 'issues' with the forum have all but killed it...

Everywhere l go it said   " You have choose to ignore posts "  . :laugh:

11 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Everywhere l go it said   " You have choose to ignore posts "  . :laugh:

wow, it's let me quote. I was getting worried people would think I was ignoring them.  :tongue:

Laying off the like button as that not working.

5 minutes ago, grollies said:

wow, it's let me quote. I was getting worried people would think I was ignoring them.  :tongue:

Laying off the like button as that not working.

Yeah the  ' like ' don't work today,  your now be accused of not having enough ' likes ' as opposed to your number of posts by some clowns on here. :biggrin:

44 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah the  ' like ' don't work today,  your now be accused of not having enough ' likes ' as opposed to your number of posts by some clowns on here. :biggrin:

I'd 'like' that but......

I've not been posting so much on the Live Rugby League forum, since Astro started showing most of their games as delayed telecast.  You have to wonder whether this could be a contributor to Warrington's dismal form this season, though it's good to see Leigh doing well since their promotion

SC

Like button not working, double or multiple posts, error messages. It's a bit of a shambles today (well it is Sunday). I hope TV's boffins don't blame it all on Russian hackers, cos we've already heard that one somewhere before.

Archived