broadcasts for TV antenna in Thailand?

notrub

Hi,  Is (are) there TV stations that broadcast generally that can be received by some sort of simple antenna?  I see lots of different smart boxes but really I only want a couple of basic Thai tv programs.  News and maybe a soap or two.  Or is there an easy way to hook up a satellite system providing free programs?   All the pay to view systems that I have seen, seem to be similar to sky in the UK, and offer lots of programs but for a high monthly price.  I don't mind a one off purchase of some equipment but paying by the month for programs never watched is not for me.  I live in Isaan about 100 KM from Buriram in the countryside, by the way.  I have wifi through 3BB cable for 631 THB per month and that is great but don't see how to get Thai TV streaming with it.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for your help. 

There have been quite a few topics in this forum on that subject.

Have a look through these... you may find the answers you need there.

If not, you can ask more specific questions here after you have digested the referenced topics.

Good luck.

Link to topic 1.

Link to topic 2.

Link to topic 3.

Link to topic 4.

Free, or Free-To-Air, Thai (language) programming content is available via:

Terrestrial-based Digital Video Broadcasting service (DVB-T2)

using a DVB-T2 capable tuner integrated into a TV, Video Display, or Mobile Phone, or using an add-on receiver connected to an compatible aerial antenna. FREE content.

Satellite-based Digital Video Broadcasting service (DVB-S2)

using a large (C-band) or small (Ku-band) dish and DVB-S2 capable tuner/receiver.  Free and subscription-based content. 

Cable-TV-based 'basic' subscription connected to either a Cable-ready TV, or Cable Company provided Set Top Box.  Included (FTA) and subscription content.

Internet delivered video content watched in a web browser, or through a dedicated media application.  Free, subscription, and dubious free content.

Mobile TV  ...really the same as Internet delivered video content, but using mobile service provider specific software to stream and watch 'packaged' video content.

All of these methods have been discussed on ThaiVisa.  

If you want to go beyond Thai language-based video content then you'll really want to investigate Internet delivered media content options, which are discussed in the threads Jai Dee posted.