Peugeot electronics impossible to find

The engine, transmission, and other mechanical parts of my 30,000 baht 1996 Peugeot 405 remain rock-solid, but the running/drivability issues related to the electronics (sensors, fuel injection, etc.) Keep getting worse, little by little.

My mechanic says there is nothing he can do about this as it is impossible to get any replacement sensors in Thailand. He suggests that the only solution will, eventually, be a Japanese transplant engine.

What a shame! Wish it was carbureted.

13 hours ago, ClareQuilty said:

The engine, transmission, and other mechanical parts of my 30,000 baht 1996 Peugeot 405 remain rock-solid, but the running/drivability issues related to the electronics (sensors, fuel injection, etc.) Keep getting worse, little by little.

My mechanic says there is nothing he can do about this as it is impossible to get any replacement sensors in Thailand. He suggests that the only solution will, eventually, be a Japanese transplant engine.

What a shame! Wish it was carbureted.

I have sent you a PM. I am sure your parts can be sourced within Thailand. Let me know the details.

Everything is possible. Over years I supplied people here with all kinds spares, from cheaper replacement parts to some exotic OEM spares for cars like Lotus. Your Peugeot is nothing unique and parts on order are available but you have to realize that all electronic sensors are quite expensive, especially on PSI cars. 

Have you ever heard about the Internet? They have this fancy thing called shopping online these days. You can buy all kinda stuff from basically the whole world, and get it shipped to your doorstep. I know, its mind blowing.. But it works!

• 2 months later...

1 change your mechanic.. he is quietly telling you.. he had reached the end of his abilities to maintain your Peugeot

2 Peugeot have bad wiring period... normally the plastic plugs disintegrate with age and heat.. wires are the smallest possible size Peugeot could get away with.. but means electrical issues are a major source of irritation

3. Sensors and electrical parts are all available off the shelf even in Thailand.. every manufacturer uses third party sensors.. Peugeot used sensors will be found in all common cars including Japanese cars...

4. as previous posters said Google is your friend.. so Many Peugeot support pages also..

5. If all else fails... talk here... there are people who know... and probably happy to do to help...

6 your model engine and transmission went into many different Peugeot models... piece of cake to keep running... unlike some of their other  models.. like the v6 505....

Edited by casey1