Breast milk exports suspended from Cambodia

geovalin

Cambodia has temporarily stopped an American company from exporting locally pumped human breast milk after reports highlighted how some of the country’s poorest women were supplementing their income through the trade. Utah-based company Ambrosia Labs claims to be the first of its kind to export human breast milk sourced overseas into the United States for mothers who want to supplement their babies’ diets or cannot supply enough of their own milk.

The milk is collected in Cambodia, frozen and shipped to the US where it is pasteurized and sold by the company for $20 each 150g pack. But yesterday Cambodia’s customs department confirmed it had halted exports.

“We have asked the company to contact the Ministry of Health because the product comes from a human organ, so it needs permission from the Ministry of Health, but they did not get it yet,” said Kun Nhem, the general director of Customs and Excise. He said government officials were planning to meet soon to “determine a policy about the product because it is a bit sensitive.”

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/36698/breast-milk-exports-suspended/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 21/03

I guess that I will have to get mine straight from the source. The old man John Ford drank mother's milk every day until he died in his 90s.After some  women gets pregnant they can continue to lactate for years if milked properly daily.

On 21/03/2017 at 8:56 AM, geovalin said:

We have asked the company to contact the Ministry of Health because the product comes from a human organ....

Does this mean I have to reconsider my business plan to export golden showers in spray cans from Thailand? :sad:

33 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Does this mean I have to reconsider my business plan to export golden showers in spray cans from Thailand? :sad:

only if you use a "Milking" machine to collect it. If it's free flow, caught in a barrel like spring water then probably not. :)

On 3/22/2017 at 2:26 PM, Sphere said:

You should seek a job writing for some of the stand up comedians.Good stuff here.