Is Thaivisa still relevant?

Throatwobbler

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

As long as people on retirement extensions say they are renewing their retirement visas ... yes, it's always relevant! :sorry:

I have a retirement visa extension but it's quite painless as the prescribed medication seems very effective. :)

16 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Still has the same problems, and more besides. Very slow to load, post a reply, it says saving ...

Really? Perhaps it's the source you are using (i.e. Internet connection, PC, phone, etc.)

I connect to TV using 2 different PCs from a couple different ISPs and have no issues at all about speed.

I don't use a phone to connect to the Internet as I use it to make/receive phone calls and to take an occasional photo when I my digital camera is not handy.

Relevant? Does that matter?  If someone doesn't find value in a product, he/she has the option to stop using it. No one forces us to participate in ThaiVisa, so if we do, that implies it DOES have some value to us.

Perhaps the real question is; what is its value to the individual poster? For some, it's information sharing and community. For others, it's bitching and moaning. For still others, it's anonymous back-stabbing.

The parent company isn't filling it with copy, only advertisements to pay its freight. It's up to the posters to provide the content. Perhaps the Chiang Mai forum only has 20-30 vocal posters (plus 3-4 sock-puppets,) but there is a much larger silent majority who read selected items and benefit from them.   If someone doesn't like it, they move on. At least, the wise ones do.

Seems some here have never read other low end farang based Thai sites and run this place down....facepalm.gif.f6617002951aaa4be19784e2db1569f1.gif....Do some homework.

This is a commercial site first and foremost, zillions make hits here for info every day, they may get that from the ads and go no further. Many will join to ask questions or want to say or reply to something.

Any forum will have trouble makers, liars, narcissistic, nut job folk, I have known a few over the years who eventually got taken out. I can't imagine any other forum being different regarding these folk.

Perhaps folk who ain't happy here just scan a couple of topics and don't know about the vast amount of help others have received from members and staff who like to help.

To me this site is irreplaceable, others have tried... 

I have found the Chiang Mai forum to be of great help

I have used other Forums too

I try to help as much as i can

but have found the usual poster do the same

Always complain and even say some of my photos were doctered

i hope this TV keeps going with the New owners now

Will be sad if they close it down

but i think i have most of the information to keep me gpoing

Plus i have many contacts here now

I do enjoy my daily laughter with some of the regulars posts

On 3/21/2017 at 6:01 PM, scottiejohn said:

To the OP. What is the point of the post?  If this site is irrelevant to you just ignore it.

Let those of us who use it continue to do so without your interference.  Go post elsewhere and leave us in peace!

Call me a ‘conspiracy theorist’ if you wish but is there any chance this is a ‘Promotional' Troll on the behalf of a sponsor?

By starting a post to decry the whole purpose of the site is the OP just generating advertising income by getting us all to respond?

We will soon find out as the Topic will either be shut down by the Mods as a result of the anti Mod comments that will obviously prevail (wrongly in my opinion as they do a good job) or this post/comment(s) will be removed and the topic will run for many pages.

Interesting to see what happens to this topic.

I am sorry if my question upset you. I guess you are a little sensitive too. My point in asking this question was to see general feedback. This site is full of hatred and racism I hope it could be something better. A lot of people seem to agree with me. You dont.

10 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

The OP is a troll masked as a concerned member. The fact that the mods have not booted him off tells me that the forum is being led by some very tolerant folks - a fact that I find refreshing.

I ask a question and get called a troll. Thank you for confirming be believe about a lot of posters on here. You contribution to this thread has enlightened us all.

Just a few observations on your three posts on this topic and your posting in general.

1. In the last six months you have not made a single positive comment. In fact most are US related and nothing to do with Thailand.

2. Why out of the 39 responses/posts to your original post do you pick on the two you have quoted. Me thinks you are the one who is upset and sensitive, not me

3. Your two attacking responses above to two perfectly reasonable opinions by two different people/posters are probably enough to drive most people away from this site and seem to be pointed to just that object or is it just to get further responses to keep the (trolling) subject alive.

1 hour ago, Throatwobbler said:

I am sorry if my question upset you. I guess you are a little sensitive too. My point in asking this question was to see general feedback. This site is full of hatred and racism I hope it could be something better. A lot of people seem to agree with me. You dont.

You're 'avin a laugh, full of hatred and racism......

Unless you drive a Ford.............58d27d3e7a0f0_laughalot.gif.24601a4c9d6de7edc96e2a3d95102e7a.gif

39 minutes ago, transam said:

You're 'avin a laugh, full of hatred and racism......

Unless you drive a Ford.............58d27d3e7a0f0_laughalot.gif.24601a4c9d6de7edc96e2a3d95102e7a.gif

these large funny cartoons, to push a point across, are sending posters literally to the wall

how childish can one be ???

grow up cobber

Rather OffTopic, but i too would much prefer a total absence on TV of those massively stupid large, colourful cartoon emojis.  Esp unwelcome are ANY that move.

Thanks for pointing out our mutual dislike of mindless internet interactions, ES.  Yes, lots of that here.

I must be the odd one out here as I don't get adverts. I don't use an add blocker and use Firefox as the browser, but no adverts...

Note to TV. Why am I being discriminated against?????

10 hours ago, evenstevens said:

these large funny cartoons, to push a point across, are sending posters literally to the wall

grow up cobber

Awesome contribution to the title of the thread and the relevance of the forum.

Here's a small one cobblers!

1508595.GIF

Edited by Thailand

12 hours ago, evenstevens said:

grow up cobber

Wow, you discuss them with other posters, well at least the TVF has found you something to talk about.....That's really coooool....:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

Yes we have our regular Keyboard Jockeys lmao

He's lucky I don't back them up with a song from my latest Trans CD....sun.gif.e8d5f72a6069a8212c7865b42ede2ceb.gif

Seems there are those out there that don't like a bit of fun...Oh well...

Note: this is not about moderation, it is about nomenclature on the site.

What is a "staff" and a "member"? Moderators are members, but in the "Staff directory" under "moderators," you only find a few who are moderators. 

One moderator in the staff section is a "newbie" with zero posts and last looked at the site in February 2015. 

Another moderator is also a "newbie" who joined in August of 2016 and under "Last visited" we have "Never." Are these mod groupies? 

What is an "Honorary member"? Is that like an honorary alumni, someone who doesn't actually use ThaiVisa but was given a symbolic membership? 

How can you change your title from "Advanced Member" to something more colorful, like some of the other members/moderators? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do find it quite repetitive reading the same posts in every thread .

"Not a big enough brown envelope for the BiB"

"The Policeman is pointing"

"A rich person can drive a car and kill someone, yet blah blah blah"

"Burmese fisherman will be worried"

"500 Baht fine , a wai and two weeks in a Temple"

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

I do find it quite repetitive reading the same posts in every thread .

"Not a big enough brown envelope for the BiB"

"The Policeman is pointing"

"A rich person can drive a car and kill someone, yet blah blah blah"

"Burmese fisherman will be worried"

"500 Baht fine , a wai and two weeks in a Temple"

Then you start topics to get our teeth into that has nothing to do with the stuff you have listed....Go for it....:thumbsup:

How can you change your title from "Advanced Member" to something more colorful, like some of the other members/moderators? 

You will just have to learn how to negotiate the settings on your profile page. 

A post using an Australian slang term in addressing other people has been removed. 

And I think this has ran it's course, if Thaivisa is not relevant, why the need to discuss as it is obviously relevant to other members. 

:mfr_closed1: