Sinn Féin's Martin McGuinness dies aged 66

webfact

7 hours ago, thaihome said:

McGuinness and the other members of the IRA have their own tales of atrocities against the Irish people going back some 1,000 years. The difference between them and you appears to be they were able to set aside their bitterness and hate and work towards a peaceful solution, something you do not appear to be capable of.

TH  

You talk about hate,regarding events 1000 yrs ago. So that would make it OK for those on the mainline to hate Scandinavians for the actions of the Vikings,or better still Italians. And how many English have Irish ancestors? Hate breeds hate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

Ouch ! I think you will lose more friends than you gain with that remark and I really really don't like it. Now had you said the UDF then fair enough, but.....................you didn't.

"The allegations regarding collusion prompted several inquiries, the most recent of which was published by Police Ombudsman Nuala O'Loan. The report identified police, CID and Special Branch collusion with loyalist terrorists under 31 separate headings, in her report on the murder of Raymond McCord and other matters, but no member of the RUC has been charged or convicted of any criminal acts as a result of these inquiries. Ombudsman Dame Nuala O'Loan stated in her conclusions that there was no reason to believe the findings of the investigation were isolated incidents.[10]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Ulster_Constabulary

15 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

"The allegations regarding collusion prompted several inquiries, the most recent of which was published by Police Ombudsman Nuala O'Loan. The report identified police, CID and Special Branch collusion with loyalist terrorists under 31 separate headings, in her report on the murder of Raymond McCord and other matters, but no member of the RUC has been charged or convicted of any criminal acts as a result of these inquiries. Ombudsman Dame Nuala O'Loan stated in her conclusions that there was no reason to believe the findings of the investigation were isolated incidents.[10]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Ulster_Constabulary

Can you identify where any of the organisations mentioned colluded with LOYALIST TERRORISTS - aka the UDF/UDA/UVF to get them to target innocent women and children and either execute or blow them up??

I was on operations there during the height of the troubles for 4 years and we knew the name and address of every single member of the IRA and UDF/UDA/UVF and if their names and addresses were 'released' by members of any of the security forces to either the UDF/IRA then I would not give a crap as we were happy if they blew each others brains out all day long. (we could have fixed the entire problem in one good night given the order). The IRA had a sickening campaign of attacking innocent women and children and my blood still boils at some of the things they did and some of the things I witnessed. The RUC were not even on the same playing field as the IRA in terms of any atrocities committed and if it were not for the RUC far more than the 3500-4000 that were murdered would have resulted.

Raymond McCord Jnr was ex British military who joined the UVF when he returned to Northern Ireland after a short stint in the Military!! Some ex members of the RUC were also in the UVF!!  There was bad blood between the UVF and the UDA and McCord was caught with a large amount of cannabis (always sold to get money for arms). McCord decided to grass on the boss of the UVF that he worked for to try and reduce any possible sentence he might get and unsurprisingly the UVF themselves took him to a quiet place and beat him to death when they found out. His death IS NOT remotely comparable to the targeting and murdering of innocent women and children. McCords father thought it was the UDA that killed his son, it was not, it was members of his own terrorist gang in retribution for grassing on one of their bosses.

If your knowledge and opinion of such events is wikipedia then I suggest you don't comment as wiki can be contributed to by ANYONE, and please do NOT compare the calculated murder and targeting of innocents by the IRA to any "in-house" issues with ex members of the security forces getting themselves in the crap with their own hard ruthless organisations that they joined that were no better than the IRA themselves. Any members of all these organisations deserved to be whacked. Innocent women and children did not!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Can you identify where any of the organisations mentioned colluded with LOYALIST TERRORISTS - aka the UDF/UDA/UVF to get them to target innocent women and children and either execute or blow them up??

I was on operations there during the height of the troubles for 4 years and we knew the name and address of every single member of the IRA and UDF/UDA/UVF and if their names and addresses were 'released' by members of any of the security forces to either the UDF/IRA then I would not give a crap as we were happy if they blew each others brains out all day long. (we could have fixed the entire problem in one good night given the order). The IRA had a sickening campaign of attacking innocent women and children and my blood still boils at some of the things they did and some of the things I witnessed. The RUC were not even on the same playing field as the IRA in terms of any atrocities committed and if it were not for the RUC far more than the 3500-4000 that were murdered would have resulted.

Raymond McCord Jnr was ex British military who joined the UVF when he returned to Northern Ireland after a short stint in the Military!! Some ex members of the RUC were also in the UVF!!  There was bad blood between the UVF and the UDA and McCord was caught with a large amount of cannabis (always sold to get money for arms). McCord decided to grass on the boss of the UVF that he worked for to try and reduce any possible sentence he might get and unsurprisingly the UVF themselves took him to a quiet place and beat him to death when they found out. His death IS NOT remotely comparable to the targeting and murdering of innocent women and children. McCords father thought it was the UDA that killed his son, it was not, it was members of his own terrorist gang in retribution for grassing on one of their bosses.

If your knowledge and opinion of such events is wikipedia then I suggest you don't comment as wiki can be contributed to by ANYONE, and please do NOT compare the calculated murder and targeting of innocents by the IRA to any "in-house" issues with ex members of the security forces getting themselves in the crap with their own hard ruthless organisations that they joined that were no better than the IRA themselves. Any members of all these organisations deserved to be whacked. Innocent women and children did not!

The problem with all these condemnations of the IRA is that the UK still seems blind to the fact that it allowed conditions to fester in the North so that organizations like the IRA could flourish.  What was the UK doing about the situatin there before the troubles? 

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

The problem with all these condemnations of the IRA is that the UK still seems blind to the fact that it allowed conditions to fester in the North so that organizations like the IRA could flourish.  What was the UK doing about the situatin there before the troubles? 

What you write has nothing to do with your earlier despicable and completely unfounded comments. It has nothing to do with the fact that the IRA was a murderous terrorist organisation. The UK made every attempt to stop the IRA from 'flourishing', BUT when the IRA were receiving financial backing to the tune of around 25 M USD per year from the USA that was no easy task. The US funding paid for the IRA to go to Libya to become highly trained, well equipped terrorists.

The IRA flourished in the South, beyond the reach of the UK and THEN moved North. 

14 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

That's how I feel about the RUC, too.

It doesn't matter what side it happened on. That was the point of my topic. All people that lost innocent family in those times have suffered bitterness and hate.You dont think for one minute that i am convinced that both sides played fair, do you? That would be naive,

9 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

What you write has nothing to do with your earlier despicable and completely unfounded comments. It has nothing to do with the fact that the IRA was a murderous terrorist organisation. The UK made every attempt to stop the IRA from 'flourishing', BUT when the IRA were receiving financial backing to the tune of around 25 M USD per year from the USA that was no easy task. The US funding paid for the IRA to go to Libya to become highly trained, well equipped terrorists.

The IRA flourished in the South, beyond the reach of the UK and THEN moved North. 

If the UK had enforced decent treatment of Catholics in Ulster then the IRA wouldn't have had a chance to flourish in the North. It's only when the troubles began that the UK slowly started to wake up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldgent said:

stop digging into the past we all know how many tragedies there were on all sides

move on, or do you get off on researching this.

Memories need no research. For examples of airbrushing the past try An Phoblacht.

Edited by evadgib

• 1 year later...