Ikea Pattaya

aaro1628

6 hours ago, champers said:

Good Swedish meatballs would be a welcome addition to Pattaya.

The food and drink at IKEA is certainly one of the highlights of the place for me. Their chocolate and large packs of crispbread are both good value. They occasionally do special foodie events that are very reasonably priced for members: there was a crayfish buffet last year and something with a lot of salmon in the year before that. Members always get free coffee and at least one discounted menu combination in the cafe.

Though Hotel Danmark in Jomtien does good meatballs in their breakfast buffet, so no need to drive that far for those.

Edited by KittenKong

• 7 months later...

Initially IKEA was planning 5 outlets in and around Bangkok. 

There's a pick-up point in Phuket where customers can pick up online bought goods. 

Maybe that's the plan for Pattaya as well. 

If you really like the IKEA concept and the products, you could try Index Livingmall.....a small copy of IKEA with Index Furniture as an important supplier for IKEA. 

On 3/22/2017 at 5:36 PM, recycler said:

Please don't, it's the retail formula from hell!

And I think the product sucks.

I have never bought and put together anything from their that did not eventually fall apart.

Could be my handy work, but the the stuff sure seems cheap.

Edited by bkk6060

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:43 AM, pegman said:

// Nowhere near big  enough customer base in the South East.

I disagree. There are thousands of condos recently built in Pattaya area, and most of them are sold "fully furnished" with rather bad quality furniture :sad:... So in just a few years, many owners will be happy to find an IKEA to replace their broken furniture.

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I disagree. There are thousands of condos recently built in Pattaya area, and most of them are sold "fully furnished" with rather bad quality furniture :sad:... So in just a few years, many owners will be happy to find an IKEA to replace their broken furniture.

Like IKEA furniture is better quality and won't break?

I heard same about their Swedish meatballs too.

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Like IKEA furniture is better quality and won't break?

At least IKEA furniture are tested so that doors and drawers can be opened/closed thousands of time without problem in case of a "normal usage". I have seen doors of kitchen cabinets falling after just a few months in a brand new condo...

IMHO the quality is more than enough for most places. My kitchen (IKEA like brand) is more than 10 years old and still no problem with it.

8 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

At least IKEA furniture are tested so that doors and drawers can be opened/closed thousands of time without problem in case of a "normal usage". I have seen doors of kitchen cabinets falling after just a few months in a brand new condo...

IMHO the quality is more than enough for most places. My kitchen (IKEA like brand) is more than 10 years old and still no problem with it.

I've bought a few things from Ikea and the quality of most of them has been OK (foam mattress, all wood computer desk, some linen and pillows).

However I also bought an office chair (not an ultra cheap one) and had the arms break simply due to poor design within a few months. No spare parts were available, no offer of repair or refund was made, and the item was withdrawn from sale worldwide within a few more months. In the end I got a local metal shop to make two steel plates for 300B that I fitted myself behind the broken plastic arms. The repair is perfect and the plates are invisible, but the break in the plastic can still be seen. So new arms in front of the metal plates would have been nicer and more aesthetically pleasing, and Ikea went many steps down in my estimation due to this total lack of customer care.

I only buy from IKEA for the last 4 years, my mattress of very high quality , chairs, and tables, kitchen cutlery  .

Everything still working , better quality than the cheap local ones.