AIS Fibre IPTV Premium and VOD Channels Packages Now Available

Pib

Thanks, Pib.  I have already gone with an alternative English language streaming service and installed it on my AIS playbox.  Like JaiMaai, I wanted the Nat Geo channels in English.  I also wanted HBO Red with English subtitles.  I had it with True and enjoyed the selection of Asian films with English subs.  But if they are all dubbed into Thai, I'm guessing no English subs.  This seems like a penny wise, pound foolish decision on the part of AIS--not getting the multiple audio tracks.  Oh, well, the rest of the service is very good. Great internet. And I like getting NHK World in English on the free TV channels.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why anyone would get this when they can get kodi boxes without monthly fees is beyond me.

if you can enlighten me as to where I can find the HBO / Fox Movies / Nat Geo channels for free WITH THAI SUBTITLES then please tell me. I'd be extremely grateful.

9 hours ago, JaiMaai said:

if you can enlighten me as to where I can find the HBO / Fox Movies / Nat Geo channels for free WITH THAI SUBTITLES then please tell me. I'd be extremely grateful.

Agree about the Thai sub-titles, and/or Thai dubbing/SAP. One also assumes that AIS will censor/blur 'activities' which the "authorities" might think the locals can't handle.

HBO Go is certainly a plus.

I use Kodi sometimes to pick a particular moving I want to watch, but I use my computer vs a android box with Kodi installed hooked tdo my TV..  While using Kodi is good, you are basically doing a lot of mouse/remote clicks to find the movie you want, maybe save it to your favorites for later viewing, let Kodi then source from a variety of servers "somewhere in the world," then selecting that source to see if you can make a connection and see was the video/audio quality turns out to be.  

Heck, a person can put Kodi 16 on the AIS Playbox, but then you are into the many mouse clicks routine searching for programming out there in the internet world vs using the AIS IPTV interface which is easy and fast to use...but of course you are limited to AIS programming.

Bad-mouth AIS IPTV, TrueVisions, etc, regarding monthly costs and programming selections, but it's hard to beat the ease and quickness of watching and switching between a movie/show....the ability just to channel surf very quickly by switching through all the various channels, movies, etc.    And with AIS IPTV the picture quality is great, no pausing, just like watching something using TrueVisions.

Can you save some money by using your computer or android box to search through the internet for movie/TV programming....many times free?   Sure you can.   But I've tried a few over the years and based on numerous posts on ThaiVisa many people there can be plenty of cons such as lots of pausing, poor customer service, poor video quality, poor interface, etc.    

And since the majority of movies/programming on AIS, TrueVisions, etc.,  is American-based I can understand why a lot of other nationalities prefer to using streaming services showing programming from their home countries...quite understandable. 

Last night I finished watching Season 1 (10 episodes) of Game of Thrones using AIS HBO Go on the Playbox (HBO Go comes as part of the Platinum premium package)...watched 1 or 2 episodes per night.  Great show.  Looking forward to watching all the remaining seasons....I start Season 2 tonight.

I sure know AIS Fibre is catching-on fast in my moobaan.  My next door neighbor had it installed last week, and over the last two days three more nearby neighbors has AIS installed.   These neighbors don't know I have AIS nor have I recommended it to them (never talked to them except my next door neighbor about non-AIS stuff).   People just seem to be switching fast...good to have choice and competition.  In my moobaan your choice of internet/TV providers is TOT ADSL up to only 20Mb speed, True DOCSIS/Cable TV & Internet, and now AIS Fibre internet/TV.  

I expect the AIS premium programming will continue to evolve, hopefully better and better....hopefully the Fox Movie channels will start carrying more English soundtrack and even the Nat Geo channels will start carrying an English soundtrack.   I sure know when I've called AIS Fibre Customer service a few times this week just to irritate them, each rep I've talked to has said they are getting a lot of feedback from foreigners about some of the channels now carrying the original English soundtrack.  Guess AIS is only buying the Thai soundtrack/dubbing at this time for some channels since the great bulk of their customers are Thai....hopefully that will change in the future....time will tell.

Pib's post just about sums it up.

Sometimes people just want to channel hop and find something to watch. On demand is great when you know what you want to watch but sometimes people just can't be bothered trying to think about it.

Also when you're channel hopping you can stumble upon things you wouldn't ordinarily have thought about watching.

I have a good value UK based streaming service that satisfies all my needs except for Thai subtitles so that I can sit and watch stuff with my better half.

Of course in an ideal world I'd have all English language channels with Thai subs and vice versa but that's not (ever) going to happen.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

A review in Thai, use translate to get a feel. Seems to list more packages.

http://hitech.sanook.com/1418795/

Looks like it's full HD (1080) on some/many/all? channels vs. HD (720) on TrueVisions.

They did announce having NBA games, not sure if that's next season?

One thing to be aware of is that some members of the NBTC have been squawking about OTT providers (both mobile an broadband) needing to be "regulated" like other providers. I'd expect that CP/True will try to fend off 'foreign' AIS utilizing their political power.

It does look like these new premium AIS Play channel packages can be used on mobile devices with the AIS Play app, so you could 'cast' from a mobile device to a (second) TV. AIS Play casts fine for me (free channels) from my Android device to my TV using my Chromecast. HBO Go is in the Android app.

ais_pkg.jpg

I'm just confused what all the difficulty seems to be using Kodi on a (good) Android hub? Sorry but for me Pib is talking up the difficulty of using it somewhat.

You install KODI 17.1 with select tried and trusted add-ons (not wizard builds with all the associated bloat and crap) on a good, fast box with plenty of RAM, use an Air Mouse and it's hardly any more difficult than checking the programme guide, calling up a movie channel and selecting the movie in True or in an AIS Play Box. Open your chosen add on, browse whatever categories you want, including 'trending', 'popular' and 'box office' or just search for the movie once, click it, a decent box with good internet will list the sources in 10-15 seconds, click play and wait another 10 seconds and if you've taken the time to set up your providers and filter out the crap you'll rarely get any dead ends. TV Series are even easier when linked to Trak TV and your own custom lists of currently watching shows and it'll tell you when the next episode is up for viewing. You can't do that on True or on Playbox AFAIK. I would not however run Kodi on a Playbox, it's just not powerful enough.

I use Kodi rarely as there's more than enough for what I want on Netflix and Iflix both of which have Thai subs. But I think the difficulty of using Kodi is being talked up a bit here. It's not at all difficult if you know what you're doing and use decent equipment.

I had the True Platinum for a year or so but found I never watched a movie because I'd seen them all before. And for series there was nowhere near enough channel coverage for it to provide anything of interest. Other than for news I stopped using it pretty much altogether after about 4-6 months. Rest of the time was pretty much money down the drain. The ease of channel hopping is a point I suppose, provided the list of channels contains ANYTHING of interest you want to watch. For some the AIS package may provide just that but it doesn't cater for my interests whereas Netflix, Iflix, Prime Video, HooQ and Kodi do, all with no greater difficulty (for me at least) than turning on the Play Box, selecting Movies, selecting channel, and seeing the the list of movies which if you're lucky might be less than two years old.

Horses for courses. But I don't see the difficulty level as being anything I'd even consider in the decision process regarding which sources to pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just still like live TV.

Here the only 100% legitimate option is True and that is way too expensive and, as pointed out already, too repetitive.

iLikeHD used to be very good but I gave up on that about 6 months ago.

Not interested in Netflix. The Thai region content is far too US based. The British stuff, if they even have it, is way too difficult to find. When I tried iFlix most of the stuff was really old.

I'm not sure who said Kodi is difficult to use. In fact for on-demand with the good add ons you can find everything to the extent that I'd say you'll find everything that's on Netflix anyway.

So just now I'm using a UK based service for 450฿ or so a month which suits me fine except for the bl@@dy home shopping guff late morning / early afternoon.

There are quite a few APK's which deliver easy to use, single click live streaming TV via Android devices. These are a bit simpler to install, and use, than Kodi add-ons, although Kodi add-ons seem to be getting much easier.

I wonder if TrueVisions will retain Fox Sports? 

I wonder if TrueSports will retain American football (NFL) next season?

On 09/04/2017 at 2:15 PM, SooKee said:

But I think the difficulty of using Kodi is being talked up a bit here. It's not at all difficult if you know what you're doing and use decent equipment

From someone who has recently converted from TrueVisions (ex-UBC before that) to streaming entertainment via Kodi, I do sympathize with Pib and others on the difference (not difficulty) between using the two different type of video entertainment.

When using satellite or cable feed, the video stream is instantaneous. When you want to turn it off it is immediate. You are however constrained by the programming... there is no "catchup TV" or "play from start" options.

When using IPTV on Kodi you must remember that you are effectively using a computer. You must wait for Kodi and it's addons to load properly, you must wait after your selection is made for your sources to load, you must wait for your selected source to begin streaming, and when you have finished watching you must wait for Kodi to shut down properly before you can turn off your box. It's a computer... and you must treat it as such or your IPTV will stop working.

Your viewing options however are endless... live TV or catchup TV, the latest movies, no repeats (unless of course you want to see something again), subtitles in any language, old shows that you watched when you were a kid... you name it!

As I said, it's not difficult... but it is different.

Sure, different, but it's simpler and MUCH faster IF:

• people have a fast enough internet connection
  • use a powerful enough quality box with enough RAM and a good processor
  • preferably connected by ethernet
  • keep their boxes free from junkware clutter builds of Kodi which are mostly full of bloat IMO
  • and generally I find much better if you use a decent air mouse like the Neo A2 Lite

I use the barest minimum of add-ons on Kodi 17.1 on a Minix U9 and a Fire TV and for me Kodi takes literally a few seconds to load.  On my friend's Nvidia Shield Kodi is instant.  My add-ons are under favourites and I have TrakTV configured with what I'm currently watching.  So it's just a couple of clicks for me. Add-on, series, episode. Max 20 seconds the lot.  It was a learning curve for me but that was the issue.  But that's different to quoting Kodi difficulty as if it's an issue, like saying don't bother driving a car, it's too hard to learn.  It is, until you've done it.  One of the biggest problems IN MY OPINION is poor equipment and bloated builds.

Just curious.  Why do you need to shut it down? Mostly I just leave Kodi running, my box just auto-sleeps?  I often leave Kodi running in the background while I'm listening to a music app or watching Netflix.  If I forget to shut it down, no big deal, it's there running when I wake the box from standby.

5 hours ago, Encid said:

When using IPTV on Kodi you must remember that you are effectively using a computer. You must wait for Kodi and it's addons to load properly, you must wait after your selection is made for your sources to load, you must wait for your selected source to begin streaming, and when you have finished watching you must wait for Kodi to shut down properly before you can turn off your box. It's a computer... and you must treat it as such or your IPTV will stop working.

Keep in mind, every time you click on a movie it connects to probably 50 different servers spread all over the planet, to find your sources.

And it can't just simply connect to them, because they aren't supposed to be free, so they have to clear some more hurdles before you can just click on the source and watch.

9 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Just curious.  Why do you need to shut it down? Mostly I just leave Kodi running, my box just auto-sleeps?

For the same reason that you have to shut down programs on your PC, because if you get a sudden power outage the software can get corrupted.

Never experienced that you get a power outage when using pc and your Windows is wasted?

13 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

For the same reason that you have to shut down programs on your PC, because if you get a sudden power outage the software can get corrupted.

Never experienced that you get a power outage when using pc and your Windows is wasted?

I often leave Kodi running, mostly because I've switched to do something else via the Home screen and forget it's running, but I do 'Exit' when I remember to do so.  I have not however encountered any delay at all when doing so, it's instantaneous, literally not more than a second.  Hence I was wondering if there was any other process Encid meant when he referred to " you must wait for Kodi to shut down properly before you can turn off your box.".

Power surges in SE Asia meant I gave up using desktops years ago.  I forgot to pull the plug from the power socket years back when the desktop was not even on when I was living in Malaysia.  HDD shot, screen shot.  Never again after that!!  All my devices here are connected through the best power surge bars I can find, not the Big C stuff.  Had numerous outages in Chiang Mai and all seems to be well.  We'll see if that continues to hold :saai:

6 minutes ago, SooKee said:

but I do 'Exit' when I remember to do so.  I have not however encountered any delay at all when doing so, it's instantaneous, literally not more than a second.

That is because you, as you said in another post, have only a limited amount of addons installed.

Most people prefer to have a variety of options from live tv to documentaries, sports, music , movies and tv shows, because they want to use Kodi to it's full extend. And that's the meaning of a media CENTER, isn't it?

Throw in a nice looking skin with backgrounds and widgets that show you automatically the most popular of each subject and which can be accessed with one click, and you have quite some programs that have to start up and shut down on exit.

Still no problem for a 2Gb RAM, , so it may indeed take up to 30 seconds to close down, because you can't get all this convenience with using resources.

If you have a PC with only a browser installed it's also lightning fast, but that is not what a PC is build for, and most people require something more than just a browser.

When not shutting down Kodi properly, you also not gonna lose the addons, but the skin with it's options, so you will be back to the standard dull Kodi skin, but the addons will still be there.

A couple of troll and flame posts have been removed from this thread.

Members are reminded of the following Forum Rules which you all agreed to abide by when you joined the Forum:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

8 hours ago, SooKee said:

Hence I was wondering if there was any other process Encid meant when he referred to " you must wait for Kodi to shut down properly before you can turn off your box.".

8 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Most people prefer to have a variety of options from live tv to documentaries, sports, music , movies and tv shows, because they want to use Kodi to it's full extend. And that's the meaning of a media CENTER, isn't it?

Throw in a nice looking skin with backgrounds and widgets that show you automatically the most popular of each subject and which can be accessed with one click, and you have quite some programs that have to start up and shut down on exit.

That is exactly right.

I like the skin with the movie background images, IMDB rating, duration, genre, brief storyline etc.

I don't mind waiting for those processes to start/stop as I have as you say "a media center".

22 hours ago, SooKee said:

Sure, different, but it's simpler and MUCH faster IF:

• people have a fast enough internet connection
  • use a powerful enough quality box with enough RAM and a good processor
  • preferably connected by ethernet
  • keep their boxes free from junkware clutter builds of Kodi which are mostly full of bloat IMO
  • and generally I find much better if you use a decent air mouse like the Neo A2 Lite

I do have a fast connection... well fast enough anyway. It's a 20/10 Mbps TOT Fiber2Home package.

I have an M18 box with Amlogic S905 Quad Core processor, Bluetooth 4.0, 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM, 2.4GHz / 5.8GHz WiFi, 1000Mbps LAN, and HDMI 2.0 Connectivity.

I am hard wired via the LAN port using a TP-Link AV500 Powerline Edition 300Mbps WiFi Range Extender.

I have a Kodi build that may not be as complicated or bloated as Kodimaster's, but is not exactly "lean". As I said earlier, I like the skin with the movie background images, IMDB rating, duration, genre, brief storyline etc.

I use a Minix NEO A2 Lite 2.4GHz wireless AirMouse.

So I maintain my viewpoint that even having a Media Center (I like that phrase!) with the latest hardware and software, a comparison between viewing a satellite or cable TV feed vs a streaming IPTV feed is different, not difficult.

Forgot to add it is also running Android 5.x and Kodi 17.1.

22 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Keep in mind, every time you click on a movie it connects to probably 50 different servers spread all over the planet, to find your sources.

And it can't just simply connect to them, because they aren't supposed to be free, so they have to clear some more hurdles before you can just click on the source and watch.

I'm not complaining about it... I fully understand why it takes time to connect and also time to disconnect from those sources.

That is why I said that when using IPTV on Kodi you must remember that you are effectively using a computer, not an instantaneous video feed from satellite or cable TV that you can turn on/off at will.

15 minutes ago, Encid said:

I do have a fast connection... well fast enough anyway. It's a 20/10 Mbps TOT Fiber2Home package.

I have an M18 box with Amlogic S905 Quad Core processor, Bluetooth 4.0, 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM, 2.4GHz / 5.8GHz WiFi, 1000Mbps LAN, and HDMI 2.0 Connectivity.

I am hard wired via the LAN port using a TP-Link AV500 Powerline Edition 300Mbps WiFi Range Extender.

I have a Kodi build that may not be as complicated or bloated as Kodimaster's, but is not exactly "lean". As I said earlier, I like the skin with the movie background images, IMDB rating, duration, genre, brief storyline etc.

I use a Minix NEO A2 Lite 2.4GHz wireless AirMouse.

So I maintain my viewpoint that even having a Media Center (I like that phrase!) with the latest hardware and software, a comparison between viewing a satellite or cable TV feed vs a streaming IPTV feed is different, not difficult.

Media Center (or Centre if you're that way inclined) - a good description.

Your hardware sounds good, certainly capable enough for Kodi Krypton 17.1 which is the latest version.

Back on 7 Apr 16, which was three days after I got the AIs Platinum TV package add-on, I gave an overview of the audio soundtracks carried on the farang-related premium channels like in English, Thai, Chinese, etc....etc...etc.   See below post.

I've been so engrossed over the last week in watching Game of Throne episodes on HBO Go on AIS TV and some other specific channels, I noticed just last night that at least 13 of the Premium channels that only or predominately had Thai audio soundtrack now have an English audio version channel also.

Like for example Fox Premium Movies (TH) channel which was in Thai dubbed audio "only" now has a sister Fox Premium Movies channel in English (or should I say the Original audio track because sometimes like for Red by HBO which focuses on Asian-based movies the Korean movie playing last night was in Korean audio...but over on the Red by HBO (TH) (i.e., Thai language) channel version it was in dubbed Thai audio).   But other than Red by HBO all the channels listed below are carrying English language  audio content/movies/shows.

The two channels are side-by-side in the channel selection area.  This occurs for at least 13 channels listed below where before (say over the last week sometime) there would only be one channel showing and it would usually be in Thai audio.  Below the list below see some images of what I'm taking about regarding two side-by-side channels...one will be in Thai audio and the other in English/Original audio.

Appears for now AIS is taking a different approach from TrueVisions in how it handles multiple audio sound track channels.  Where with TrueVisions you can change the audio sound track played via the Audio button on the remote or having the box settings default to the English soundtrack if one existed.   But with AIS although you can set the  AIS box default to English sound track in the settings that did no good if there was no English/Original soundtrack being carried on that channel....AIS now appears just to list separate channels for Thai audio and English/Original Audio.  

Ok, here's the list of channels I noticed last night that "now"  have (compared to 7 Apr) an English/Original  audio channel right next to the Thai audio version of the channel.   With this change pretty much all the premium channels a farang (of the English language sort) would be interested in watching can now also be watched with English/Original audio soundtrack.   All the HBO channels, Cinemax, FoxNews, etc....etc...etc...were already in English audio.  

Fox Premium Movies

Fox Action Movies

Fox Family Movies

Fox Thai

Fox Crime

Nick Jr

Baby TV

Fox Sports

Fox Sports 2

Fox Sports 3

Nat Geo Wild

Nat Geo People

Red by HBO

Note:  Sorry, the National Geographics channel is still only in Thai audio, but at least the Nat Geo Wild and People channels now have English audio channel versions...hopefully the National Geographics channel will soon have English audio channel version also....I bet it will.

Examples of Side-by-Side channel selection....that is, Thai audio (TH) or English/Original audio channels.   Notice the (TH) for Thai audio next to the channel or the lack of (TH) next to the channels which will mean English/Original audio.  

Capture.JPG.6570d2ad0003ac1ff16e979ea5e78795.JPG

Capture2.JPG.5dd03d2337b803a1c34d189ab85b8823.JPG

7 hours ago, Usernames said:

Thanks for the update, Pib. Is Red HBO running with English subtitles?

Yes.  I checked Red by HBO this afternoon at two different times....each time around 2 hours apart.....a Korean movie was playing one  time and Japanese the movie the other....both had English subtitles.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2017 at 9:23 AM, Pib said:

Note:  Sorry, the National Geographics channel is still only in Thai audio, but at least the Nat Geo Wild and People channels now have English audio channel versions...hopefully the National Geographics channel will soon have English audio channel version also....I bet it will.

Been meaning to post an update for a few days....the Nat Geographics channel now has English soundtrack and Thai soundtrack.  Like the other dual audio channels you will see two channel selections for Nat Geo....one is in Thai and one is in English.

On 4/9/2017 at 4:01 PM, JaiMaai said:

I just still like live TV.

Here the only 100% legitimate option is True and that is way too expensive and, as pointed out already, too repetitive.

iLikeHD used to be very good but I gave up on that about 6 months ago.

Not interested in Netflix. The Thai region content is far too US based. The British stuff, if they even have it, is way too difficult to find. When I tried iFlix most of the stuff was really old.

I'm not sure who said Kodi is difficult to use. In fact for on-demand with the good add ons you can find everything to the extent that I'd say you'll find everything that's on Netflix anyway.

So just now I'm using a UK based service for 450฿ or so a month which suits me fine except for the bl@@dy home shopping guff late morning / early afternoon.

Can you enlighten me. Which provider are you using?

I tried a Thai (FWIPTV I think) but it buffered too much.

I am mainly interested in British TV as I download any films I want to see.

On 4/10/2017 at 8:00 AM, lor said:

You can get over 3,000 stations and all the uk stuff with a free 2 week trial here. Http://www.iptvuk.club.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Have you  tried them?

I tried to register for a free 2 week trial and got all sorts of errors.

Several of the links don't work either. If their website is anything to go by, I wouldn't touch them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2017 at 9:32 PM, chrgrims said:

Why anyone would get this when they can get kodi boxes without monthly fees is beyond me.

One word..  Reliability.

Also there's the 'bootlegger paradox'.  The more people steel content, the less content will be available to steel.

Myself I don't mind paying 500 baht a month for something I enjoy.  Hell I'd pay 500 baht a moth just for Game Of Thrones!

• 3 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but some posters had mentioned they can only have 1 box per account. I have 3 on the same account in my apartment. Two of them connected via WiFi. They mentioned you can have up to 5 boxes on the same account.

Archived