House rent condo rent more expensive at hua hin than pattaya ? less choice also ?

hello,

can you confirm that it's more difficult to find a cheap house (around 10000) or cheap condo (around 5000) at Huahin  than Pattaya ?

And even food is more expensive at Huahin than Pattaya ? So why people go there ? For beaches that are better anywhere else in Thailand ?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, trogers said:

Huahin is a location for retirees who likes jazz and wine, and get into bed before 11pm.

They are a different class from the Pattaya crowd.

I understand this, but all the old people living there should have a home ? So why is it more difficult to find a house in Hua hin than Pattaya ?

Is it also a better investment to buy a house in Hua hin than Pattaya?

So many houses and condo to rent or sell in Pattaya, but the situation seem different in Hua hin ?

24 minutes ago, BsBs said:

I understand this, but all the old people living there should have a home ? So why is it more difficult to find a house in Hua hin than Pattaya ?

So many houses and condo to rent or sell in Pattaya, but the situation seem different in Hua hin ?

It is not difficult to lease a house or condo in Huahin. It's only difficult within your stated budget, which is close to the budgets of locals, and not the foreigners there.

The average class of farang in Hua Hin is definitely a step up from the average in Pattaya as mentioned. Also it's a much smaller place.  But I found quite a nice condo block that was doing six months rental for the price of three, which brought the monthly rate down to 12,500B which I thought was quite good for a brand new and quite well-equipped building.

As for restaurants, Thai places seemed to be around the same price as here, but whereas here you have a lot of "cheap as chips" farang places, in Hua Hin they seemed to be much more upmarket. I particularly noticed the large number of quite fancy Scandinavian places there which were understandably more expensive than an all day breakfast joint here.

Used to spend time in Hua Hin in the early 80s & 90s.  It was extremely  clean and very quiet.  The ocean water and beaches were much cleaner as well.  Was back there 3 years ago and didn't care for it at all although I liked it in "the Old Days"  I'm usually in bed before 11:00 and up at 5:30 / 6:00 AM.  It's the best part of the day for me.  It's very nice to take early morning walks at the beach and the heavily wooded area North of the Dusitani and Centara Grand.  Living in Naklua I think you get the best of both worlds.  Loads of song birds in the morning.  And other lovely birds in the evening. :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, BsBs said:

So you all confirm that Hua hin is more expensive and offers less choice as condo / house than Pattaya ?

I don't think there is less choice. Just that the group of farangs living in Huahin do not invade the enclaves of the local working class, unlike the farangs in Pattaya.

9 hours ago, trogers said:

I don't think there is less choice. Just that the group of farangs living in Huahin do not invade the enclaves of the local working class, unlike the farangs in Pattaya.

What does that even mean?  farangs living in Huahin do not invade the enclaves of the local working class, unlike the farangs in Pattaya.

23 minutes ago, joeyg said:

What does that even mean?  farangs living in Huahin do not invade the enclaves of the local working class, unlike the farangs in Pattaya.

Go to Huahin and have a beer. Ask the girl at the bar where she is putting up. Book an apartment unit in the building that she stays. Should be Bt3,500 or there about a month for an air-conditioned room.

Go to Huahin and have a beer. Ask the girl at the bar where she is putting up. Book an apartment unit in the building that she stays. Should be Bt3,500 or there about a month for an air-conditioned room.

Bums renting 3k rooms DO NOT use air con. Nor do they dine in nice resteraunts or step out in smart clothes.. The domain of the 3k renter is through absolute necessity and never through choice.

4 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

Bums renting 3k rooms DO NOT use air con. Nor do they dine in nice resteraunts or step out in smart clothes.. The domain of the 3k renter is through absolute necessity and never through choice.

And there are many in Pattaya...and thus created a wider choice, compared to Huahin.

On Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 4:58 PM, BsBs said:

Who told you this nonsense!!

At you price range there is less available in HH than Pats. But at higher price ranges there are plenty available. Just search of FB for HH groups where you can ask for available condo's at your price and I am certain you will get one. As for food, yes farang food is expensive but Thai food is cheaper in HH than Pats (in areas outside tourist hot spots).

On 3/23/2017 at 3:54 PM, trogers said:

Huahin is a location for retirees who likes jazz and wine, and get into bed before 11pm.         They are a different class from the Pattaya crowd.

As a Pattaya retiree who goes to bed around 2 in the morning (after watching TV or reading), enjoys a glass or two of wine, prefers Mozart or Verdi to jazz, I would agree the Pattaya crowd is a different "class," but we do our best not to look down on the "class" of the unwashed masses who choose to live in Hua Hin ... at least not publicly ... usually ... well it's unavoidable some times.

Edited by Suradit69

25 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

As a Pattaya retiree who goes to bed around 2 in the morning (after watching TV or reading), enjoys a glass or two of wine, prefers Mozart or Verdi to jazz, I would agree the Pattaya crowd is a different "class," but we do our best not to look down on the "class" of the unwashed masses who choose to live in Hua Hin ... at least not publicly ... usually ... well it's unavoidable some times.

Wish I said that.  You gave me a good chuckle.  Thanks.

On 24/03/2017 at 9:27 AM, joeyg said:

Used to spend time in Hua Hin in the early 80s & 90s.  It was extremely  clean and very quiet.  The ocean water and beaches were much cleaner as well.  Was back there 3 years ago and didn't care for it at all although I liked it in "the Old Days"  I'm usually in bed before 11:00 and up at 5:30 / 6:00 AM.  It's the best part of the day for me.  It's very nice to take early morning walks at the beach and the heavily wooded area North of the Dusitani and Centara Grand.  Living in Naklua I think you get the best of both worlds.  Loads of song birds in the morning.  And other lovely birds in the evening. :biggrin:

Wots the evening birds?  Bats? ?

17 hours ago, whoareyou said:

Ugghhh dude go home
Better than a fan room in stinking hot shoe box room in 100/% humidity.

5k? Is for losers, plenty in Los though you won't be short of common interests

I see your are infected by the LOS - not!

I see your are infected by the LOS - not!

No idea what your cryptic message means.

Fact is 5k is the bottom of the barrel. OP would surround himself with alcoholics and mental health problem neighbors. And just plain weirdos
It's the same deal in EVERY country. Thailand is worse due to the relentless heat which can be a trigger
He needs to be very careful he doesn't end up like one them unless he already is.

1 hour ago, whoareyou said:

No idea what your cryptic message means.

Fact is 5k is the bottom of the barrel. OP would surround himself with alcoholics and mental health problem neighbors. And just plain weirdos
It's the same deal in EVERY country. Thailand is worse due to the relentless heat which can be a trigger
He needs to be very careful he doesn't end up like one them unless he already is.

It may be a choice in budgeting.

Accommodation is of least importance. At the base of the pyramid of needs - wine, women and songs...

Edited by trogers

It may be a choice in budgeting.

Accommodation is of least importance. At the base of the pyramid of needs - wine, women and songs...

You forgot food but oddly enough that is right at the bottom below accommodation even.. Some sticky rice or mamma Noodles.. Don't want to cut into Hong tong whisky money now do we lol.

Women, nah unless it's a freebie these guys ain't blowing the 1k for 30 mins