Combined force raid 30 targets in Uthai Thani to clamp down influential figures

webfact

Combined force raid 30 targets in Uthai Thani to clamp down influential figures

206_UThai.jpg

UTHAI THANI: -- A combined force of several hundred soldiers and police raided 30 suspected targets which are houses of influential figures and their relatives in the northern province of Uthai Thani under the policy of the government to root out crimes and mafia style activities.

Dozens of firearms and ammunition were seized in the widespread raids.

Seized included threevbullet-proof vests, 31 firearms, 128 rounds of assorted ammunition, and four bullet clips.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/combined-force-raid-30-targets-uthai-thani-clamp-influential-figures/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-24

" Seized included threevbullet-proof vests, 31 firearms, 128 rounds of assorted ammunition, and four bullet clips"

I got more stuff than this in my storage unit in the states. :cheesy:

three bullet-proof not "threevbullet-proof"

34 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

My my 128 rounds of ammo for 31 firearms.  Could start a war with that. Mind you assuming it was of the correct calibre for the weapons that they claimed to have found then that is around 4 shots each !!!

Ammo is expensive.  Not unusual to have many guns around but just a small amount of ammo.  Until you are ready to use the gun for something.  We never bought ammo until we were on the way to our hunt.  Just too expensive.

36 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

" Seized included threevbullet-proof vests, 31 firearms, 128 rounds of assorted ammunition, and four bullet clips"

I got more stuff than this in my storage unit in the states. :cheesy:

three bullet-proof not "threevbullet-proof"

Understood.  But this is Thailand.  Gun ownership here is nothing like back in the US.  Luckily!

4 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

My my 128 rounds of ammo for 31 firearms.  Could start a war with that. Mind you assuming it was of the correct calibre for the weapons that they claimed to have found then that is around 4 shots each !!!

Agreed, sounds rather unsubstantial.  Not even a small trove of weapons.  Looks like harassment more than anything else.

15 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Laugh you out of town in Texas if that was all you could put together.