Comedian's son admits to speeding prior to fatal crash: Police

webfact

21 hours ago, smedly said:

100% correct, I rekon he was doing at least 200kph

Based on the video he was doing about 108km/h prior to impact - you can use a frame by frame analysis of the video with an estimation of the distance to calculate speed. Because of the low frame rate it's difficult to ascertain whether his brakes were engaged earlier so it's possible he was driving much faster earlier.

Doesn't matter though, he's famous, social media will destroy him if he doesn't accept liability.

Like most high profile incidents, if he's truly guilty he'll be sentenced to a few years prison suspended for the entire term, if he's innocent he'll get exactly the same sentence.

43 minutes ago, wprime said:

Based on the video he was doing about 108km/h prior to impact - you can use a frame by frame analysis of the video with an estimation of the distance to calculate speed. Because of the low frame rate it's difficult to ascertain whether his brakes were engaged earlier so it's possible he was driving much faster earlier.

Doesn't matter though, he's famous, social media will destroy him if he doesn't accept liability.

Like most high profile incidents, if he's truly guilty he'll be sentenced to a few years prison suspended for the entire term, if he's innocent he'll get exactly the same sentence.

sorry mate but although a worthy effort I know for a fact from just looking at the first 2secs of the original full speed video he was doing a lot more than 108kph, it is extremely difficult to work it out from time/distance  (from when the BMW enters the frame to impact) as the BMW is only visible for about 15ft and is so fast that it is a blur, if you include a longer estimated distance including after the impact to resting of about 150ft down the road approx. 50m/s  factor in that the speed would have been reduced considerably after impact - my estimate of over 180kph is reasonable, from when the BMW comes into frame to where they came to a standstill lasts no more than a second - freeze the video and it is about 50m to resting point

a more complex accurate measure would be taking the weight of the two vehicles and working out how far the BMW pushed the other Stationary car after impact 

note the replay of the cctv footage that cycles the impact was in slow motion - not the full speed of the video

22 hours ago, smedly said:

remember that 200kph is only 120mph, that is the 3rd gear change on my bike with 3 more to go, an M series BMW is not being hard pushed at that either

Maybe only 120 mph in your book, but there's a U-turn there. Imagine a U-turn built in the middle of a motorway in the U.K. or anywhere else for that matter. Carnage.

15 hours ago, smedly said:

Lovely bike

I ride  a Honda CBRXX1100

Equally nice bike

I do miss mine though, used to call her Battle Star Gallactica, because when she went to warp speed, it was the best feeling......555

1 hour ago, Sunderland said:

Maybe only 120 mph in your book, but there's a U-turn there. Imagine a U-turn built in the middle of a motorway in the U.K. or anywhere else for that matter. Carnage.

sorry I was not making light of 120mph at all, if you read my previous few post you see that quite clearly, anything over 100mph is killing speed and not to many cars (if any) would survive such an impact, the BMW did quite well considering he hit a stationary vehicle relatively speaking