Thousands demonstrate in London against leaving the EU

rooster59

The more astute Scots, irrespective of their current location also are far more aware to look above & beyond our neighbours attitude towards Scotland as a country, being fully aware & irritated of how the SNP take every opportunity to disengage and be obstinate towards the Tory Government and not look at the strategic picture to improve Scotland overall.

Personally, I'm relieved we've finally got a PM that doesn't pander to the SG and willing to say NO in a more diplomatic and constructive manner. It's also disappointing to hear that the only people that are constantly belittling the Union are Nationalist SNP supporters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you consider the highlighting of deficiencies and seemingly insurmountable flaws as belittling, then what hope is there for betterment? The Scottish government presented the Prime Minister with a strategic proposal for a Brexit compromise that wasn't even entertained, let alone considered.

But you ignore that and push your ad hominems...

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/04/2017 at 1:51 AM, Khun Han said:

You really need to go and inform yourself about how the Euro works. If the UK had joined the Eurozone, our economy would have been somewhere between Greece and Italy's by now, and Germany's exports would have been doing even better than they are (except to us). Of course, the subsidy Germany receives from being in the Eurozone isn't the only factor in Germany's success. There are others, not least of which is that Germany does what it does very efficiently. Like I said, find out how the Euro works before digging yourself into a big hole.

I don't see how I've dug myself a hole by asking a question? ...a question which still remains unanswered by either you or any of the other Brexiteers in this thread.

Please explain in sufficient detail how exactly the Germans are able to have a booming economy as part of the EU ...while the UK are somehow being held back by the EU from doing the same?

Because, while this question remains unanswered the Brexit argument that says the UK must leave the EU in order to grow a healthy economy is simply a piece of nonsense.

You say the Germans are booming because of the Euro, but the UK choose not to have the Euro and if the UK wanted the Euro they could have had it  ...but instead they are choosing to leave the entire EU platform?  ....so the UK can improve their economy?

White van man pseudo economics at play I think!!!!!

By your own admission, you said even if the UK did have the Euro their economy would be somewhere between Greece and Italy ...which isn't great really, so that tells us there are other factors going and having or not having the Euro has very little do with it.

So once more with feeling....How exactly are the Germans able to have a thriving economy as part of the EU whilst the UK economy is in the shitter and somehow has to escape the EU in order to have a better economy? 

Please don't say efficiency or the Euro again because that means you don't understand the question or the plain facts of the situation.

If you consider the highlighting of deficiencies and seemingly insurmountable flaws as belittling, then what hope is there for betterment? The Scottish government presented the Prime Minister with a strategic proposal for a Brexit compromise that wasn't even entertained, let alone considered.

But you ignore that and push your ad hominems...

Yet again ignoring facts as the SG proposals 'have' been considered & consulted, the PM has clearly informed Sturgeon now isn't the right time. The primary deficiency is the SNP not being in the correct position to be holding all the Brexit facts. The whole of Scotland at least deserves this seeing how important the issue is.

The flaws are in the SNP's timing, Sturgeon's inability to wait before submitting a comprehensive and coherent tangible plan to the electorate. The SNP pushing a tunnel vision agenda is hardly credible or warranted to achieve and independence debate.

2 hours ago, onthesoi said:

I don't see how I've dug myself a hole by asking a question? ...a question which still remains unanswered by either you or any of the other Brexiteers in this thread.

Please explain in sufficient detail how exactly the Germans are able to have a booming economy as part of the EU ...while the UK are somehow being held back by the EU from doing the same?

Because, while this question remains unanswered the Brexit argument that says the UK must leave the EU in order to grow a healthy economy is simply a piece of nonsense.

You say the Germans are booming because of the Euro, but the UK choose not to have the Euro and if the UK wanted the Euro they could have had it  ...but instead they are choosing to leave the entire EU platform?  ....so the UK can improve their economy?

White van man pseudo economics at play I think!!!!!

By your own admission, you said even if the UK did have the Euro their economy would be somewhere between Greece and Italy ...which isn't great really, so that tells us there are other factors going and having or not having the Euro has very little do with it.

So once more with feeling....How exactly are the Germans able to have a thriving economy as part of the EU whilst the UK economy is in the shitter and somehow has to escape the EU in order to have a better economy? 

Please don't say efficiency or the Euro again because that means you don't understand the question or the plain facts of the situation.

The Euro, as a German currency, is grossly undervalued, and German exports are being subsidised by other Eurozone countries because of this. If Germany were to return to the Deutschmark, it's export prices would go through the roof, and export sales would suffer accordingly. Conversely, Sterling had been overvalued for some time, and the fall in it's value post-referendum has taken it somewhere around it's true value. If the UK had joined the Eurozone, the Euro would remain overvalued as our currency. And we, the same as most of the Eurozone, would be subsidising the German Euro (and consequently it's exports).

And you are equally ill-informed about the UK economy: it isn't in "the shitter", it's doing fine: it's currently the second best performing economy in Europe, after Germany's. And it will do even better, once freed from the shackles of the EU.

1 hour ago, citybiker said:

Yet again ignoring facts as the SG proposals 'have' been considered & consulted, the PM has clearly informed Sturgeon now isn't the right time. The primary deficiency is the SNP not being in the correct position to be holding all the Brexit facts. The whole of Scotland at least deserves this seeing how important the issue is.

The flaws are in the SNP's timing, Sturgeon's inability to wait before submitting a comprehensive and coherent tangible plan to the electorate. The SNP pushing a tunnel vision agenda is hardly credible or warranted to achieve and independence debate.

I strongly suspect that the SNP is trying to 'strike whilst the iron is still hot' in relation to the Scottish brexit referendum vote. That they are (rather recklessly) pushing this, ahead of all other reasoning. Because once brexit has actually happened and there is no economic earthquake, the moment will be lost, their chance gone.

I strongly suspect that the SNP is trying to 'strike whilst the iron is still hot' in relation to the Scottish brexit referendum vote. That they are (rather recklessly) pushing this, ahead of all other reasoning. Because once brexit has actually happened and there is no economic earthquake, the moment will be lost, their chance gone.

IMO 'recklessly' is the key & expect better from all politicians that are representing the electorate.

Currently, SNP Professionalism certain appears an afterthought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Khun Han said:

The Euro, as a German currency, is grossly undervalued, and German exports are being subsidised by other Eurozone countries because of this. If Germany were to return to the Deutschmark, it's export prices would go through the roof, and export sales would suffer accordingly. Conversely, Sterling had been overvalued for some time, and the fall in it's value post-referendum has taken it somewhere around it's true value. If the UK had joined the Eurozone, the Euro would remain overvalued as our currency. And we, the same as most of the Eurozone, would be subsidising the German Euro (and consequently it's exports).

And you are equally ill-informed about the UK economy: it isn't in "the shitter", it's doing fine: it's currently the second best performing economy in Europe, after Germany's. And it will do even better, once freed from the shackles of the EU.

Yep when Germany was on the DM we saw how its ever appreciating currency really hit their exports. However we can be thankful that sterling is going south as I guess that will mean we will soon overtake Germany in exports. However reality from the ONS.

The ONS also said that in 2016, excluding oil and other erratic commodities (such as ships, aircraft, precious stones, silver and non-monetary gold) the underlying trend in trade in goods was a widening of the deficit.

4 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

No way to get to France or any other European countries, without a visa soon. Hurray. :shock1:

Just a bit of mouthing off from the EU. Aint gonna happen. Apart from other issues, they can't risk further damaging the already trashed economies of member states such as Portugal, Greece and Spain.

44 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Just a bit of mouthing off from the EU. Aint gonna happen. Apart from other issues, they can't risk further damaging the already trashed economies of member states such as Portugal, Greece and Spain.

You forgot to mention the Irish Republic. Apart from this visa question,which I just don't believe. The IR are very worried about the consequences of Briexit. No surprise there,especially as they voted against one of the so-called EU treaties, which was then over ruled.

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

You forgot to mention the Irish Republic. Apart from this visa question,which I just don't believe. The IR are very worried about the consequences of Briexit. No surprise there,especially as they voted against one of the so-called EU treaties, which was then over ruled.

Yes, the Irish, Dutch, Portuguese and French should really learn how to vote properly, so that the EU doesn't have to rejig treaties and have them vote again until they get it right. Such terrible behaviour by these European upstart states! How dare they?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2017 at 11:00 AM, pitrevie said:

I never claimed that Cameron said he would quit if he lost the vote in fact I have stated quite the opposite and that Cameron stated he would not quit so you talk about irrelevant observations and then you produce that nonsense.

What I have said repeatedly is that others, among them experience politicians said that he would have to quit if he lost the vote. You really need to read a post before you try a straw-man like that. 

OK - you said that other politicians said that he would quit if he lost......... another off topic observation and not really a critical one at that! Do you have anything important to say..ever??

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

OK - you said that other politicians said that he would quit if he lost......... another off topic observation and not really a critical one at that! Do you have anything important to say..ever??

And yet it's so unimportant draws you to make your snide remark also given that I posted the comment almost 3 weeks ago.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-3-26 at 8:51 AM, pitrevie said:

In a 2012 speech on the European Union (EU), Mr David Davis (now Brexit Secretary) said: “If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy”.

Yes but you can't keep having referenda until you get the "right" result. Oops silly me of course you can, the EU rode roughshod over the Irish, French, Dutch etc. A few months on now and the UK is still doing very nicely and a clean Brexit break is looking more likely whilst those buffoons in the EU make complete idiots of themselves. Just 22% of the 48% remainers are still cying into their EU hankies???

Just now, watso63 said:

Yes but you can't keep having referenda until you get the "right" result. Oops silly me of course you can, the EU rode roughshod over the Irish, French, Dutch etc. A few months on now and the UK is still doing very nicely and a clean Brexit break is looking more likely whilst those buffoons in the EU make complete idiots of themselves. Just 22% of the 48% remainers are still cying into their EU hankies???

Nigel Farage disagrees with you:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

Old news. Here's the new news. There's a general election coming up on 8 June. Two parties led by Tim Farron and Nicola Sturgeon actively campaigning for a 2nd referendum. One party led by May that is going in for Brexit in the best interests of the UK, UKIP doing what UKIP do and another party that don't know their arse from their elbow at the moment so if Brexit is the #1 issue for those that care then shouldn't the Lib Dems and SNP (what a joke name) walk the result?

41 minutes ago, watso63 said:

Perhaps the EU went some way to meeting the concerns that were expressed by the Irish, French Dutch etc and having done so the Irish, French, Dutch then voted in favour of are you suggesting that in the second referendum the Irish, French and Dutch voters were all forced to change their minds. I can imagine the Irish being forced to agree on something or the French for that matter.

However we must wait and see and the next 5 years will be interesting then we will be able to see exactly who made idiots of themselves.

9 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

Perhaps the EU went some way to meeting the concerns that were expressed by the Irish, French Dutch etc and having done so the Irish, French, Dutch then voted in favour of are you suggesting that in the second referendum the Irish, French and Dutch voters were all forced to change their minds. I can imagine the Irish being forced to agree on something or the French for that matter.

However we must wait and see and the next 5 years will be interesting then we will be able to see exactly who made idiots of themselves.

I'd still rather be the free British citizen I was born as and can't wait to dump that awful EU passport. The EU is doomed and you know it. Remember Cleggies lies about there never being an EU army or have you got rose tinted spectacles? I needn't ask that really???

15 minutes ago, watso63 said:

I'd still rather be the free British citizen I was born as and can't wait to dump that awful EU passport. The EU is doomed and you know it. Remember Cleggies lies about there never being an EU army or have you got rose tinted spectacles? I needn't ask that really???

The EU is doomed, why just because one member leaves? As I said we have to wait and see then in around 5 years we will know wont we?

Just now, i claudius said:

I dont care if the E.Uis doomed or not , its a club that i do not want to belong to , its just a gravy train for thousands of unelected freeloaders .

And yet Brexiteers get so upset because they won't have access to the advantages that being in the EU afforded them. And the accuse the EU of punishing the UK.

18 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

And yet Brexiteers get so upset because they won't have access to the advantages that being in the EU afforded them. And the accuse the EU of punishing the UK.

I dont ,and i am a Brexiteer , so sorry your wrong .

15 minutes ago, i claudius said:

I dont ,and i am a Brexiteer , so sorry your wrong .

So you're the Brexiteer whose views all Brexiteers subscribe to?  So we haven't seen massive amounts of contentions by Brexiteers that the UK will be able to get all kinds of concessions out of the EU?

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

They do?

2 hours ago, pitrevie said:

The EU is doomed, why just because one member leaves? As I said we have to wait and see then in around 5 years we will know wont we?

When that one member is the 2nd (some say 3rd) highest contributor then yes. The EU have never passed a financial audit and never will. You're boring me now so I'm just going to sit and celebrate the misery you must be feeling to be a loser. Auf wiedersehn, au revoir, farewell???

12 minutes ago, watso63 said:

When that one member is the 2nd (some say 3rd) highest contributor then yes. The EU have never passed a financial audit and never will. You're boring me now so I'm just going to sit and celebrate the misery you must be feeling to be a loser. Auf wiedersehn, au revoir, farewell???

Well I never set out to entertain you nor even inform you as I know that would be futile. Enjoy your celebration with the fewer baht that you must have as a result of your vote.

As I said before lets wait and see in 5 years who will be the losers, you might not be so inclined to celebrate then. 

Where were all these low information citizens when the vote was taken? I'll tell you where they were:

1. Smoking pot.

2. Drinking rotgut.

3. Fornicating wantonly to make even lower information babies.

4. Watching Telly while doing all the above.

Too late.

Too little.

England OUT!

Archived