Clinic for Testosterone Injections in Bangkok

superfletch

Am moving to Lad Phrao and need to continue my testosterone replacement therapy. I can source testosterone OK but need an inexpensive clinic which would be willing to inject me. Can anyone recommend a local clinic which would do this and furthermore, where can I get my bloodwork done periodically?

Regards

• Like 1

In Thailand -- and especially in Bangkok - outpatient clinics are mostly located inside hospitals. 

Vejthani Hospital is located on Lard Prao and moderately priced...but even they do a mark-up on meds, so you are better off buying the T at a pharmacy and just getting your labs done there.

https://www.vejthani.com/

As for who injects, could try bringing in your own vial and asking the hospital to do it.  If that gets a bad reaction, ask around where you live to find a nurse willing to do it at home for a small fee...or learn to self-inject.

As a former customer at Vejthani (and current for some things) found there markup to be much more reasonable than at most hospitals - but yes it will be a bit more expensive if drugs bought there (but you know storage is in air conditioned area 24 hours a day rather than the 12 at many other sources).  Expect for just injections would have to pay a doctor consult fee and not sure they would want to inject something they did not source.  As said an off-duty nurse during lunch hour at your home might be the best option if you do not want to DIY.  

Latphao Hospital, next to Foodland, might be another option - generally cheaper than Vejthani but fewer foreign customers.  And depending on your location there are other close hospital options.

Edited by lopburi3

• 2 weeks later...

I live quite close to Vejthani so it will be very handy for me.

I'm used to doing my own injections in Oz.

I inject the gluteus maximus muscle (side of the buttock)

I prepare the syrnge first, then rub the injection site with an alcohol wipe.

I hold the syringe in a stabbing grip and use my thumb to press in the plunger in.

But when I go to Vejthani I might just let a pretty nurse do it for me !

Has anybody got some price comparisons on the testosterone and the hospital fees for consultation ?

My last treatment was 7 January in Eye department - but the ground floor general medical where shots are normally provided would be about the same price.

NSG 100 baht

OPD 100 baht  (these are the normal basic charges on all bills)

FEE 800 baht (doctors fees seems to range about about 400-800 currently I believe)

Medications from there supply I found to be lower than most private hospitals - perhaps about 1.5 times a cheap drug store for things that I checked on.

Thanks for that Lopburi3. 

The other worry, buying medications in Thailand is the possibility of fake medicines from China or India.  The local suppliers can't be sure if the stuff is genuine or not and if they make a good profit they probably don't care.

Hospitals such as Vejthani hopefully get supplies from trustworthy sources.

I bought some Testocaps in Phuket. The packet looked exactly the same as the one I bought in Australia but the manufacturing details were missing from the foil wrapper of each batch of  10 capsules. The last time I tried to buy caps  from the pharmacy in Bang Kapi  they said they were out of stock (everywhere) due to high demand .. not sure if it was BS or not ?

I also purchased some "Flagyl" from a pharmacy in a big department store in Rangsit.

The pharmacist gave me a bag of capsules that looked nothing like Flagyl which is a hard white tablet.  The capsules were useless and had no effect. Too late to return them because I was already back in Oz.  Typical tourist rip-off I think.

17 hours ago, xerostar said:

I live quite close to Vejthani so it will be very handy for me.

I'm used to doing my own injections in Oz.

I inject the gluteus maximus muscle (side of the buttock)

I prepare the syrnge first, then rub the injection site with an alcohol wipe.

I hold the syringe in a stabbing grip and use my thumb to press in the plunger in.

But when I go to Vejthani I might just let a pretty nurse do it for me !

Has anybody got some price comparisons on the testosterone and the hospital fees for consultation ?

Unsurprisingly, Vejthani do not accept medicine brought from outside the hospital and stated that their doctor would prescribe and inject the testosterone.

Their prices:

DF 1,200 - 1,500 THB

Nurse : 300

Medication: 1,000 THB

Blood test for PSA - 1,680 THB

for testosterone level - 910 THB

• 5 months later...
On 4/6/2017 at 10:12 AM, superfletch said:

Unsurprisingly, Vejthani do not accept medicine brought from outside the hospital and stated that their doctor would prescribe and inject the testosterone.

Their prices:

DF 1,200 - 1,500 THB

Nurse : 300

Medication: 1,000 THB

Blood test for PSA - 1,680 THB

for testosterone level - 910 THB

If you still live around Lat Phrao, this reputable lab here may be your best (and least expensive) bet:

https://www.brianet.com/en/

They do lots of rare blood tests that many other labs don't offer and work for many hospitals.

There are no prices on their website but you can just go there and ask nicely if you may grab an order sheet where all procedures are listed with the respective prices attached (or better do a first test there on the spot).

Just an example: Until a few months ago, a CBC cost just 60 Baht. It is now a shocking (just kidding) 100 Baht

Edited by siam2007
typo

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Hi guys, 

Interesting thread. 

Do you know if it is possible to buy testosterone injection straight from the pharmacy in one of these hospitals, or would you need a doctor to prescribe them?

Thanks

Illegally sourced hormones are less likely to be of acceptable quality. It is illegal to purchase hormones without a script. The product has SERIOUS side effects and must be administered under medical care, hence the need for a script.

• Like 1

Hospital pharmacies only fill prescriptions written by their own doctors in consultations. They do not sell to the general public.

However testosterone injection can be bought at outside pharmacies. Unless there has been a recent change I am not aware of, no script required for testosterone (nor for the female hormones).

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, Im living in bkk and on TRT since a few years. I always had a friend who is nurse to help me inject but now shes not available so im looking for someone else who can help me since I realize the hospitals refuse to use my testosterone brought from Sweden. I might have a friend who could help me, can I buy the right needle in the pharmacy? And what do I need more to make the correct procedure?

thanks

Most small Soi clinic  will give you a shot if  you have your own medication 

Try Dr thanapoom or thanaboon on pridi, off sukhumvit 71

The nurse will give you an Injection without bothering the doctor or wasting his time if that's all you want

She  charge 100 thb  for injection or sick note or medical cert for driving licences and you will be in and out in 45 seconds 

Why don't you just have a lab test for your testosterone levels and inject your self. Testosterone and syringes with 21 or 22 gauge needle is all that's required and are available at most large drug stores in Bangkok. I have been doing it my self for 25 years

• 10 months later...
On 2/25/2018 at 2:26 PM, Blue bruce said:

Why don't you just have a lab test for your testosterone levels and inject your self. Testosterone and syringes with 21 or 22 gauge needle is all that's required and are available at most large drug stores in Bangkok. I have been doing it my self for 25 years

So do you also get your estrogen levels tested too? Where?

You should learn to self-inject.  After starting TRT, I had to return to work in Burma and therefore needed to slef-inject twice a week, (there being a shortage of decent clinics/hospitals etc).

I was a little concerned about how to self-inject, but the nurse at the TRT clinic demonstrated what to do.  It is amazingly easy!  Now I self-inject twice a week (into my bum cheek) and have not had a single problem with these injections ????