Phuket Bike Week revs up with ‘World Ride Together’

webfact

Phuket Bike Week revs up with ‘World Ride Together’

The Phuket News

1490594890_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Chockchai Dejamornthan arrives in style at the Phuket Bike Week 2017 press launch on Friday (Mar 24). Photo: Shela Riva

PHUKET: -- More than 50,000 participants from over 30 countries together with more than 5,000 vehicles are expected to take part in Phuket Bike Week 2017, to be held from April 14-22, this year with the theme ‘World Ride Together’.

This year’s edition, marking the annual event’s 23rd anniversary, will see three days of events at Loma Park in Patong, on April 14-16, and the final day to be celebrated in Saphan Hin, Phuket Town, on April 22.

As is now tradition, over the course of the week the event will host a variety of activities and entertainment performances, including car contests, classic motorbike exhibitions, exhibitions of the latest bike models, Miss and Mr Phuket Bike Week pageants and many sales booths offering bike accessories.

In the evenings will be concerts and performances by international artists and leading Thai artists.

“This event is one that brings me a lot of happiness,” said Phuket Governor Chockchai Dejamornthanat the press launch on Friday (Mar 24).

“A lot of my close friends are big bike lovers. The big bike community is very intimate and encourages love for one another here in Phuket.”

With this year’s event theme “World Ride Together”, Phuket Bike Week organiser Wittaya “Sumon” Singkalah noted, “I would like to promote this event and make it a world class activity, as well as attract more tourists to visit Thailand.”

In driving its social responsibility themes, Bike Week will also include an activity to help restock sea animals as well as its “Safe Riding – Helmets on heads; lights on bikes” campaign.

Full story:  http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-bike-week-revs-up-with-world-ride-together-61557.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-03-27

7 minutes ago, schlog said:

In 2010 i met a malaysian guy from Skudai on the phuket bike week. He came all the way with his nearly 20 year old Honda Wave. This guy has balls.

Imho it's the spirit that counts not the bike.

A honda wave should be at a " Scooter and Childs Tricycle Meet"   and not with real bikers.

6 hours ago, sanukjim said:

In Sturgis North Dakota this year there were over 600,000 bikes for Bike Week in The US. And unlike Phuket,you would not have seen any "Scooters" only real motor Bikes.

Would you be considered the most intelligent in your family?

Edited by beechbum