90 DAY REPORT.....18 Day Turnaround.....

KhonKaenKowboy

Did you send it regular mail or some other method and have you contacted immigration to make sure they got it?  If regular mail and they claim they didn't get it you could get stuck with paying a late filing fee.

I just got back from going to Prom. in person to file 90 day reports for Hubby and me in person.  Arrived around 2:30 pm and it took longer to wait for the co-ops to clear away the Chinese tourists getting extensions crowding around the desk, check my copies and give me queue cards than it did inside the actual Imm. office.  They were calling my queue numbers when I walked into the door.

The super-efficient gal who was processing the 90 day reports hinted that the online system to file may be back before I have to file again.  She volunteered this info, when she pointed out that she doesn't see me very often doing 90 day reports and I said that I used to do them online.

Technically, I was one day outside the 7 day "grace period" and thus subject to a fine, and the co-op doing data entry pointed this out to the Imm. officer, but she let it slide, saying something about the weekend.  Whew, avoided the bullet this time.

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

Technically, I was one day outside the 7 day "grace period" and thus subject to a fine, and the co-op doing data entry pointed this out to the Imm. officer, but she let it slide, saying something about the weekend.  Whew, avoided the bullet this time

Tut Tut Nancy

Off all the people in CM you are the last person that I would have thought of to be late, by even a second, for an Immigration rule break.

This is not like you, or did you think that as you are leaving they are no longer bothered with your bothering!

But I am also confused about your 90 day timing. You stated earlier in other threads that you did an extension of visa this year (which restarts the 90 day countdown) and also that you were in Malaysia recently. So why the need for a 90 day report this month?

6 hours ago, tyznd said:

Did you send it regular mail or some other method and have you contacted immigration to make sure they got it?  If regular mail and they claim they didn't get it you could get stuck with paying a late filing fee.

Registered mail..both ways..18 THB each way.  On day 12 I called and she had it.  Pretty easy to speak with a human.  Got it today.

14 hours ago, Thailand said:

A whole bunch that were sent from immigration to the post office on 21st were not received by the post office/or actioned until 26th, out for delivery today.

Apparently the registered/ems return envelopes are collected and scanned by a postman so for some reason this batch of mail was floating around the post office from collection from immigration on the 21st to "acceptance" on Sunday 26th and out for delivery on 27th.

40 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

The 90-day reporting requirement does not "reset" when you do your retirement visa extension. Newbies get caught on this sometimes. 

Yepper... The only time it resets is when you leave the country and re-enter and of course that's when you use a re-entry permit or else your visa extension is void.....

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

In and out yesterday at Prom and it took perhaps 15 mins....  I was second in the queue but the gals doing 90 day were chatting up with another person as well as getting up and acquiring more staples for the stapler.....  

What time did you arrive to be second in the queue?

9 minutes ago, Thailand said:

What time did you arrive to be second in the queue?

I go like I have gone for the past 5 years or so, around 1:30 - 2:00 pm......

The only thing I did different this time was I went on a Monday. I tend to avoid Mondays, Fridays, and any days before/after a holiday. I went yesterday as my date was actually last Friday and I was busy then. I could have waited until today but I wanted to go to Rimping.

16 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Tut Tut Nancy

Off all the people in CM you are the last person that I would have thought of to be late, by even a second, for an Immigration rule break.

This is not like you, or did you think that as you are leaving they are no longer bothered with your bothering!

But I am also confused about your 90 day timing. You stated earlier in other threads that you did an extension of visa this year (which restarts the 90 day countdown) and also that you were in Malaysia recently. So why the need for a 90 day report this month?

As stated, doing your annual extension doesn't restart the 90 day clock and the reason I'd lost track of the 90 days was because we'd returned from Malaysia in late December and thus the 90 day report slip in my passport wasn't valid.  I should have written the new date (March 20) on the slip.  Oh well.  

Archived