Tesco employee slight of hand.

ldiablo72

5 hours ago, champers said:

Content yourself with the knowledge that if the price of blanket lifters is giving you so much pause for thought, then your life is pretty much free of stress and worry.

I'd rather thank someone for telling me a place where I could find a better deal on the beans.

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well spotted !!
That bottle might come in handy after tasting the 22 baht beans !!

Nah those beans can be glorious. Bit of black pepper touch of margarine and if you like onions sprinkle some fresh chopped onions on top before serving and you can't go wrong. Bon appetite 

Edited by Rc2702

beans? did someone say beans? soak 'em and cook 'em and then prepare a curry masala with tomatoes on the side...mix 'em and eat 'em with flatbread that you can make while the beans are cookin'...

soooo good and good for you...guaranteed regular bowel movements...

8 minutes ago, 241536_1469957816 said:

Traditional market. Great idea. Free flies, dirt, dust and bugs as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hey...gather them up and stir fry with the other ingredients..a good bowel movement is thus guaranteed...

On 3/27/2017 at 2:24 AM, transam said:

I ALWAYS count my change before leaving a shop...

keep an eye on the money change booths on the street too,    I've had to point out missing  bht   more than once.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, CharlieH said:

Problem I have encountered many times is the price at the till does not match the shelf display price.Especially on promoted items.

Big C are the worst, they have Buy "one get one free" on a display @150 baht, but if you go the shelf you can buy 1 for 75 so its not free at all you are paying for 2 !!

Strange that. Big C in Udon Thani is our 'shop of choice' for none market shopping and I'm usually the one who goes hunting for these 'bargain buys'. And I've never encountered this issue in almost 3 years of shopping there.

And believe me, I've become quite a canny shopper since the pound went down!

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

Strange that. Big C in Udon Thani is our 'shop of choice' for none market shopping and I'm usually the one who goes hunting for these 'bargain buys'. And I've never encountered this issue in almost 3 years of shopping there.

And believe me, I've become quite a canny shopper since the pound went down!

I dont doubt it. Consistency in anything is rare in Thailand. Quite normal for one to be totally different in another area. 

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:39 AM, Henryford said:

Used to happen to me a lot in Big C especially if the change was 3 or 4 100 notes. They all try it on.

I use my Krungsri Visa debit card whenever possible, (which is just about always in the supermarkets) They can't cheat me on the change and I score Krungsri Yellow Points as well.

Short changed........stopped off to fill up at my local PTT gas station yesterday,

the guy put in 500 baht worth of diesel then walked off.

Called him back and asked if he would like me to pay....the satang dropped after

a couple of seconds and he sheepishly took my money. 

Edited by dick turpin

• 2 weeks later...
yes  ,     that's a whopping  $2.90  US  .......      just tragic  ..  :shock1:

It's not the amount. It's the utter dishonesty. If she gets away with doing this to 10 people a day 5 days a week. She's scamming 20000b a month.
You can go about your life being conned all you want. I don't.

On 3/28/2017 at 10:09 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Happened to me twice this week !

Bought a deodorant at Big C , shelf price 89 baht, cashier price 95 baht, I commented but it fell on deaf ears, I'm not gonna get stressed over 6 baht !

Then yesterday gf wanted to buy an electric cooker pot at Home Pro, 599 baht on the shelf, 679 at the checkout, pointed it out to cashier who " radioed " an assistant who just bought another one which scanned at 679 baht.
I was not having it so a supervisor came and after a few minutes of chit chat with the gf offered me it at 645 baht !!
I declined and went home empty handed ☹️

Of course today will look for the same pot in other shops and probably end up paying 750 baht !!

Hey ho emoji51.png

Andy, I know this is an old post but was considering VAT.   Added 7% to your 89 Baht deodorant and got 95.23.   Doesn't explain the cooker pot though.

Edited by 55Jay

Andy, I know this is an old post but was considering VAT.   Added 7% to your 89 Baht deodorant and got 95.23.   Doesn't explain the cooker pot though.

Yeah, you are right, forgot the good old VAT !
The pot was on sale but sale had finished, the sale price was still on the item but not at the till. If I had been buying a few things it would have gone unnoticed !

On Tue Mar 28 2017 at 1:38 AM, survivalblue said:

Simple solution is always carry exact change wherever you go and make sure to pay precisely the amount that is accurately displayed on your bill.

Never tip and never require a receipt.

The other option is to carry 3 thousands of 1 baht coins with you to the cashier that slight handed.  Make sure your in her line. 

And insist on paying with 1 baht coins for your 3000 baht total.

That should prove a point.

I hope I'm never in a queue behind you at a supermarket or 7/11... 

?

They tried it on at Cabbages and Condoms restaurant last night. Quite an expensive meal 2,496 baht (with a compulsory 10% tip). Change should have been 504 baht, i got 404 baht, in small change so they thought i wouldn't bother to count it.  Sigh !!!

Edited by Henryford