Video: Toyota Yaris driver in coma after miraculous escape

webfact

Video: Toyota Yaris driver in coma after miraculous escape

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- A woman is in a coma after surviving death in a smash with a truck parked on the hard shoulder on Sunday.

The driver was caught on dash cam footage undertaking along the Kanchanapisek Road in the Bang Bua Thong area of Nonthaburi, reported Thai Rath.

The red Toyota Yaris cuts to the left then drops out of view of the camera. But further up the road the result of the accident is revealed.

The Yaris had collided with a broken down truck then had spun into the path of a pick-up in the central lane.

Thai Rath reported that a friend had gone onto Facebook to say that the victim was a woman called Ariya Srinark who was in a coma in ICU. The poster said that she had lost a lot of blood and had a severely ruptured liver.

They reported that some people had donated money for her treatment.

The footage was posted on Facebook by Kitiphong Rattanabantherng.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-28

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She seemed to be going the same speed as the cyclists but trying to do it in the slow lane...

another driver in her own world w/o considerations to road conditions or rules of the road...

she played the risk so let her suffer the consequences...her luck ran out...so be it

another video for training purposes...

Undertaking is illegal in Thailand so was she aware ?  Was she wearing a seatbelt and had she passed her driving test legally.  These questions never appear to be answered in most traffic accidents highlighted. So if the answer is no to any one of those questions then all I would say is "what goes round comes round"

21 years old and just got her license for a few months. Blames it on working overnight and the bikers that were zooming passed her which caused her to fall asleep at the wheel and sped up on the left lane to crash into the heavy truck.

The bikers were the ones who stopped and help her.

Edited by Moonmoon

Dangerous driving by the Yaris led to the accident.

Another thread will be derailed by smart Alecs trying to pin the accident on the cars not in the left lane.

And yes, that group of "big bikers" is riding in a dangerous and inconsiderate manner.

59 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Undertaking is illegal in Thailand so was she aware ?  Was she wearing a seatbelt and had she passed her driving test legally.  These questions never appear to be answered in most traffic accidents highlighted. So if the answer is no to any one of those questions then all I would say is "what goes round comes round"

It is NOT illegal on a road like this. Check the traffic law. In many countries it is illegal though, but TIT.

Edited by hugocnx

56 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Dangerous driving by the Yaris led to the accident.

Another thread will be derailed by smart Alecs trying to pin the accident on the cars not in the left lane.

And yes, that group of "big bikers" is riding in a dangerous and inconsiderate manner.

Well would you dare to tell that to those big bike drivers??

If those slow cars kept left the bikers could use the fast lane.....

2 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Whether she or anyone else has passed a Thai driving test is totally irrelevant. Passing doesn't mean the person can drive. Also, looking ahead to see if her road was clear would not have occurred to her, I suppose.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

Typical Thai style driving: Passing cars on the left...Zig Zag...
Obviously we can't see what happened - but I am not surprised when this motorbike hurdle caused the accident.
This same group ever passed me on Pattaya motorway and they are absolute IDIOTS!  

15 minutes ago, spiritr7 said:

Correct they should be in the inside or at most middle lane tossers they ALL like to sit outside lane 

Many times the left lane is totally empty for long distances....not strange that people in a hurry go there to pass all of them turtles.

Undertaking isn't illegal in Thailand, on this type of road at least, but I think it bloody well should be !!

The people treat it like they can drive at any speed in any lane !! Hence all the zigzagging, we all see it every day.

Undertaking isn't illegal in the US and yet people have the common sense to make it work.

Yet, here ...... well as we all see....disrespect for other road users ending in carnage !!

I hope the young lady recovers and takes some driving lessons before getting behind the wheel again .

2 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

I feel sorry for her and she is lucky to survive BUT you must have YOUR vehicle under control at ALL times. 

feel sorry for her????????? you would not be saying if she had hit you cos of her poor driving skills, we can all be thank full no one else was involved.

17 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

As has been stated before , if there are 2 lanes or more it is perfectly legal to overtake on the inside  In Thailand , but this law does not excuse reckless driving ,