British passport renewal payment problems.

I need to replace my passport but only have two Thai Bank debit cards which I believe dont work internationally.

Have looked at the credit card authorisation form from the application, but it has a box for the signature of the card holder.

Can I arrange with a willing, friend not in the Uk or Thailand to use all their credit card details, but they wouldnt be able to sign the form.

Obviously the PP office in Liverpool can email or phone then to verify the authorisation of the card holder.

Has anyone dealt with this problem without a cardholders signature.?

Secondly proof of address, dont actually have a bill in my name or rental contract etc, would a copy of a few hospital cards all showing my name and hospital location here

in Thailand do the trick?

Little rant, before you could simply get  a bankers draft ,to alleviate the card problem,now you cannot this service is for Brits in thailand many of us living here, why couldnt they accept

local bank cards or cash at trendy and why would we be expected to have a Uk card if we have lived here long enough to need a new passport??

Advice as always much appreciated.

Edited by sapson

11 minutes ago, sapson said:

I need to replace my passport but only have two Thai Bank debit cards which I believe dont work internationally.

Go to your bank and apply for them to be used abroad. It's easy to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

To get proof of residence and address . I used a Thai bank statement , that was already written in Thai and English .

Whatever you use for proof, it has to be quite recently dated , with-in the last month or so

My bank statements are by request at a branch and only show my name, but not a street address but dont think they actually need that.

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

Go to your bank and apply for them to be used abroad. It's easy to do.

If it was easy? I would have no problem going to see them, one is Krungsri, the other Kasikorn, both cards dont have a name just privileged member and are not linked to an address.

Another question, the application form is in a blue color...............Im presuming you have to get that downloaded in an internet shop with a color printer and that black and white copies will not suffice.

11 minutes ago, sapson said:

My bank statements are by request at a branch and only show my name, but not a street address but dont think they actually need that.

My bank statements were from Bangkok Bank and they had my name and address on it in both Thai and English.

Cost 100 Baht and is only available from my bank branch

8 minutes ago, sapson said:

If it was easy? I would have no problem going to see them, one is Krungsri, the other Kasikorn, both cards dont have a name just privileged member and are not linked to an address.

I have an account with Kasikorn and have no problem using the debit card aboard.

The account will be linked to the address you supplied when you opened the account.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I have an account with Kasikorn and have no problem using the debit card aboard.

The account will be linked to the address you supplied when you opened the account.

Did they actually change your card as in give you a new different one that can be used internationally.

Thanks for the input.

I'm shocked at how much the process differs depending on which country you are in at the time.

Interested in seeing where this one goes. SCB and Bangkok bank don't print names on their debit cards.

2 minutes ago, maprao said:

I'm shocked at how much the process differs depending on which country you are in at the time.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Im shocked that the trendy office Bangkok doesnt have a card machine to take the payment locally, or why we cannot simply send the application direct to the passport office with an international bankers draft?

5 minutes ago, sapson said:

Im shocked that the trendy office Bangkok doesnt have a card machine to take the payment locally, or why we cannot simply send the application direct to the passport office with an international bankers draft?

Trendy do not take the the payment .

The details are sent to the UK and they take the money there

24 minutes ago, sapson said:

Did they actually change your card as in give you a new different one that can be used internationally.

Thanks for the input.

Same card. You need to apply for international use and the account will be unblocked. I can't remember if I did this online/via an ATM, but if you go to a local branch they should be able to sort you out.

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

Same card. You need to apply for international use and the account will be unblocked. I can't remember if I did this online/via an ATM, but if you go to a local branch they should be able to sort you out.

Ok so Kasikorn bank, same card debit not credit and without a name on it? if unblocked by staff it will work on the payment form for Liverpool pp office.............. great if that works?

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Trendy do not take the the payment .

The details are sent to the UK and they take the money there

Thanks for that..............I know, this is what I said if they took the payment locally with a standard card machine life would be easy.

4 minutes ago, sapson said:

Ok so Kasikorn bank, same card debit not credit and without a name on it? if unblocked by staff it will work on the payment form for Liverpool pp office.............. great if that works?

Yes and yes.

1 minute ago, sapson said:

Thanks for that..............I know, this is what I said if they took the payment locally with a standard card machine life would be easy.

It would be easier for us, but it would make life difficult for them back in the UK

Hundreds of pp applications from around the world daily, all paid for in different currencies with them having to get the money exchanged, currency fluctuations and the sending of the money would cost .

Much easier the way it is 

8 minutes ago, sapson said:

Although my BB account, they gave me two options, either having a card that only worked in Thailand, or getting a different card that would work abroad

Im hoping that someone has used a friend to help them out with a credit card and knows whether the payment form was actually signed by the friend...................or were the name address etc card details and contact details enough for the payment to be accepted.

15 minutes ago, sapson said:

Im hoping that someone has used a friend to help them out with a credit card and knows whether the payment form was actually signed by the friend...................or were the name address etc card details and contact details enough for the payment to be accepted.

Anyone can pay for your passport, but the payment authority will need to be signed.

You could email your friend the form and they could complete it and post it back to you.

Edited by elviajero

9 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Enable a virtual cc with your bank. I use SCB and it works internationally. Apply via online banking and it is instant.

So that would give me new set of numbers including security code  etc and would be a visa card that could be use online etc for hotels and more to the point to put on a form for trendy in Bkk to send to Liverpool passport office.

These new card details numbers I just store on a phone / paper etc.

Interesting 

Thanks

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Anyone can pay for your passport. But the payment authority will need to be signed.

You could email your friend the form and they could complete it and post it back to you.

Maybe they will accept a signed email of the form without me sweating on it getting safely back to me in deepest Issan,

or my buddy sends me a copy of the card signature and it magically transposes onto the payment form..............

what a carry on............. much simpler to use my own bank cards!

Black and white print out of the application form is fine. I recently paid for my friend and gave him black and white print outs. Just sign the form on your friends behalf. They will not know if the signature is real or not as they never see the card. I signed the form for my friend but he did not take my card with him. As long as the numbers are all correct and you have your friends permission you will have no problems.

Edited by iian23

5 minutes ago, iian23 said:

Black and white print out is fine. I recently paid for my friend and gave him black and white print outs. Just sign the form on your friends behalf. They will not know if the signature is real or not as they never see the card. I signed the form for my friend but he did not take my card with him. As long as the numbers are all correct and you have your friends permission you will have no problems.

Thanks for the information, sure their are many people paying for a friend in the same situation.

3 hours ago, sapson said:

Have looked at the credit card authorisation form from the application, but it has a box for the signature of the card holder.

Can I arrange with a willing, friend not in the Uk or Thailand to use all their credit card details, but they wouldnt be able to sign the form.

Obviously the PP office in Liverpool can email or phone then to verify the authorisation of the card holder.

Has anyone dealt with this problem without a cardholders signature.?

Secondly proof of address, dont actually have a bill in my name or rental contract etc, would a copy of a few hospital cards all showing my name and hospital location here

in Thailand do the trick?

Little rant, before you could simply get  a bankers draft ,to alleviate the card problem,now you cannot this service is for Brits in thailand many of us living here, why couldnt they accept

local bank cards or cash at trendy and why would we be expected to have a Uk card if we have lived here long enough to need a new passport??

Advice as always much appreciated.

Looks like you've the payment well covered sapson, however please visit the topic I've attached below. You'll find some interesting information regarding proof of address.      

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Looks like you've the payment well covered sapson, however please visit the topic I've attached below. You'll find some interesting information regarding proof of address.      

Thanks Moonlover that is a very helpful topic.

If its in Kasikorn bank, they offer something called K-Web Shopping Card

Its basicly a virtual debit card, that works for internet purchases worldwide. Its free, and will be linked to your savings account in Kasikorn. Takes 5 minutes to apply online via Internet Bank, and it will be available next day :-)

You will see the card numbers in Kasikorn Internet Bank.
(If you don't have internet bank, apply for it at any K-Bank ATM for free :-) )

kasikorn web-card.JPG

• Like 1

You can also change your standard Kasikorn ATM Debit card to enable worldwide on line payments. It's simple to do it at the ATM machine in  matter of seconds with (how to) instructions in English. But if you can't do it yourself a member of the Kasikorn bank staff will be happy to help. I've used mine to make various on line payments all over the world. It doesn't matter that your card doesn't include your name, the 16 digit number is linked to your account. Just put your name in the space provided anyway (as shown on your account).

• Like 1