Lifeguards issue warning of high waves at Phuket beaches

snoop1130

Lifeguards issue warning of high waves at Phuket beaches

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1490693699_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- Lifeguards on Phuket beaches are warning beachgoers to care when entering the sea along the island’s west coast due to high waves caused by the current weather conditions.

It is believed the sea conditions will continue to be as they have for the past two days for a further week.

Speaking to The Phuket News today (Mar 28), Phuket Lifeguard Chief Prathaiyuth Chuayuan said, “The waves started to get bigger and stronger yesterday (Mar 27). The waves at Nai Harn Beach have been particularly high due to the weather conditions and I am concerned for beachgoers safety when conditions are like this.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/lifeguards-issue-warning-of-high-waves-at-phuket-beaches-61579.php#kbvmtmWQXkDbh8kh.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-3-28

The lifeguards try really hard (trained, I understand, by Australians) but the damned tourists do not understand, do not read signs, do not listen to lifeguard warnings or just don't care. I have been on the beaches and have observed what goes on.

Unfortunately it seems the lifeguards are fighting an uphill battle. :sad:

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

The lifeguards try really hard ...

Actually, last time I was at Nai Harn beach, the two life guards were playing raqueton on a stretch of beach with "do not swim here" flags and lots of people in the water. I should have thought their job would have been to keep an eye on those swimming.

That's a nasty looking shelf in the photo backed by deeper water.  Waves roll in and peak suddenly, then slam down.  No fun to be caught in that zone, and for snow birds or anyone not experienced with the ocean and strong waves, it's flat out dangerous.